Joe Rogain Vs A Random Vegan with Gains...

But the reason for that gender gap is not diet, it's smoking, suicide, accidents etc.

"Higher male death rates from cancer (particularly lung cancer), cardiovascular disease, as well as suicide and accidents played the most important role in the gender gap. Smoking, obesity, alcohol consumption, metabolic syndrome, health practices, and GGT level were all worse in men contributing to a higher risk for early onset of age-associated diseases and mortality."
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._life_expectancy_in_Okinawa_Health_behaviours

The mediterranean diets are also good obviously, but those also include meat and fish. So still no reason to go strictly vegan from a health perspective. Which was my main argument.

GMO is not necessarily bad. Almost all the vegetables you eat have been selectively bred for generations and generations. Many didn't even occur naturally until we created them. GMO is just another tool. Pesticides are a dose-effect thing. The concentrations we receive are a lot lower than the point at which they become dangerous. I mean even common table salt is very deadly if you consume too much of it.

Mercury occurs in both farmed and wild fish due to industrial pollution (which is obviously a real problem).

With the amount of mouths we have to feed GMO and pesticides are a neccesity. We have to be as productive as we can on as little land as possible so we don't have to convert so many forrests into farmland. This is the biggest cause of loss of forrests worldwide.
Actually, I wouldn't disagree with any of that, except the part about GMO and farmed fishing. I'm on a mobile so I can't supply a source, but it's widely accepted that farmed fish carry more disease and mercury than freshly sourced fish. Why wouldn't that make sense? They have literally no habitat, and are fed growth hormones and antibiotics so they don't die from constantly living in their own shit.

Also GMO is different to artificial selection, which you are insinuating are the same. GMO literally means altering the genomes of an organism. Artificial selection is just human's way of producing organisms over selective breeding (that's why we have dogs today - GMO had nothing to do with it).

BTW - too much salt will kill any human, regardless of how it's harvested. Salt and PH levels are tightly regulated by your body and will quickly kill you if you sway outside of the tight threshholds your body will allow. Hence why you get thirsty as hell after ingesting high salt or high acid foods and drink. It's your bodies way of saving you.

Probably the most astounding fact you touched on is suicide. If you're a male who dies between the ages of 18 and 44, regardless of where you're from, it is most likely from suicide. A fact widely ignored or at the very least not talked about enough.

Oh really? Show me where I said anything like that. I never once weighed in on the diet thing, because I don’t give a fuck about that debate. You must be confusing me with another poster.

My point is that it he’s undermining the pro-vegan argument by talking out of his ass and making ridiculous statements. The guy challenged me to prove him wrong, and when I did just that, he doubles down, calls me stupid and says I’m splitting hairs. As if there isn’t a massive difference between winning a strongman contest and winning The Worlds Strongest Man competition. Simply amazing lol...
I already shut his ass down with the relevant links. Don’t feed the troll any more.

Who needs to argue when I have facts on my side? He asked to be proven wrong that he's not the strongest man on the planet, and I did just that in Spades. Your best plant based lifter (who also uses Roids, let's be honest here) is not even a top 10 world strongman outside of Vegan based competitions. That's just facts. You idiots are also ignoring the fact he doesn't even compete in the OPEN division where the strongest of all reside. Why is that? He's a literal fucking manlet (5'7" 256 lbs.) compared to the current reigning WSM Martins Licis who is 6'3" and 331lbs. or Halfthor "The Mountain" Bjornsson who is 6'9" 400lbs. Your boy is a literal peanut compared to them. And whether they use steroids are not is irrelevant. None of these contests are sanctioned "Drug Free".

Now matter how much you want it to be. No matter how much you stomp and shout. Your boy Baboumian gets ZERO extra credit for being a Vegan competitor when it comes to owning the title of WORLDS STRONGEST MAN. And it will stay that way until such a time that he brings his manlet Vegan talents to the OPEN division and takes down these bad diet eating, roided out giants of men.

Again. That's just a damn fact. Argue that.
Because, dumbass, the reason he isn't the top isn't because he's a vegan, it's because he's 5'7" and 260 pounds. The point is that if Bjornsonn or Oberst or Licis were vegan they wouldn't lose their strength either.

You literally don't know how to argue.

Because, dumbass, the reason he isn't the top isn't because he's a vegan, it's because he's 5'7" and 260 pounds. The point is that if Bjornsonn or Oberst or Licis were vegan they wouldn't lose their strength either.

How can you have a point? You have zero proof they personally would not lose strength. You have zero proof they would be able to maintain their status among the WSM elite. Also, even if any of the worlds elite decided to go Vegan, it's long after they've developed a base of muscle that was built of decades of meat consumption. Baboumian had 26 years of meat to build his manlet body, and he's basically using Veganism as a shtick, because without it, he's just another above average strength athlete. But yes, let's talk about Arnold going Vegan in his elder years long after his competitive days and steroid use. Get back to us when you guys have a life long Vegan strongman competing and winning these competitions at the elite level.

Secondly, you decided to stick your nose in a response to another idiot trying to pump up Baboumian's accomplishments on the World stage. Literally anyone can get a Guinness World's Record for any reason nowadays. It's another shtick to keep the books selling, and his other strength records are regional or vegan only exhibitions. He owns zero Arnold, WSM, Olympic, or IPF records. The actual barometers for strength. Baboumian has been invited to train with WSM guys. He never does. He can't risk that kind of exposure now. Veganism is his meal ticket since actually winning competitions that matter will forever elude him.

You literally don't know how to accept that you're wrong and just be happy you Vegans have a Baboumian that might just inspire a life long Vegan to break the barrier to elite competition. Stop trotting out champions that have already developed their bases off meat based diets. It's the literal equivalent of a former addict trying to pass themselves off as a champion for the "straight edge" lifestyle. It's disingenuous.

As a matter of fact, I will go full Vegan myself if a lifelong and verified drug free Vegan competitor ever wins the WSM.

I don't have a dog in this fight and have considered going vegan/vegetarian in the past, but the vegans in this thread ain't exactly winning anybody over with their attitude and arguments.

One minute they're telling people that if they know someone who have had health problems after going vegan that's just anecdotal evidence, and then they're saying WSM winners would still be WSM winners if they went vegan, with no evidence at all.

The way they demonize instead of trying to have civil conversations is down right ridiculous.

Shane Carwin and Jon Fitch both lost immense amounts of strength and started losing when they went vegan. Carwin lost his punching power. Fitch lost his overwhelming grappling strength.

You're in the minority. I was vegan 3 years and my body went to shit. Added organic chicken and I gained 20 pounds of muscle back in a year. Sleep better, better mood, better everything.

Everybody's body is different.

You have to eat smart on Vegan diet, just nuts and broccoli won't cut it.

How can you have a point? You have zero proof they personally would not lose strength. You have zero proof they would be able to maintain their status among the WSM elite. Also, even if any of the worlds elite decided to go Vegan, it's long after they've developed a base of muscle that was built of decades of meat consumption. Baboumian had 26 years of meat to build his manlet body, and he's basically using Veganism as a shtick, because without it, he's just another above average strength athlete. But yes, let's talk about Arnold going Vegan in his elder years long after his competitive days and steroid use. Get back to us when you guys have a life long Vegan strongman competing and winning these competitions at the elite level.

Secondly, you decided to stick your nose in a response to another idiot trying to pump up Baboumian's accomplishments on the World stage. Literally anyone can get a Guinness World's Record for any reason nowadays. It's another shtick to keep the books selling, and his other strength records are regional or vegan only exhibitions. He owns zero Arnold, WSM, Olympic, or IPF records. The actual barometers for strength. Baboumian has been invited to train with WSM guys. He never does. He can't risk that kind of exposure now. Veganism is his meal ticket since actually winning competitions that matter will forever elude him.

You literally don't know how to accept that you're wrong and just be happy you Vegans have a Baboumian that might just inspire a life long Vegan to break the barrier to elite competition. Stop trotting out champions that have already developed their bases off meat based diets. It's the literal equivalent of a former addict trying to pass themselves off as a champion for the "straight edge" lifestyle. It's disingenuous.

As a matter of fact, I will go full Vegan myself if a lifelong and verified drug free Vegan competitor ever wins the WSM.

If someone is using Ped’s and touting their amazing “vegan” lifestyle that’s a real joke. Stop the drugs and show me how strong you really are solely on the fruit and veg.

If someone is using Ped’s and touting their amazing “vegan” lifestyle that’s a real joke. Stop the drugs and show me how strong you really are solely on the fruit and veg.
Come on bro Roids are totally Vegan. They don't have a face.

This scene is this thread come to life.

Come on bro Roids are totally Vegan. They don't have a face.

This scene is this thread come to life.

Lol so true “if you knew the science, maybe I’d listen to a word you are saying”.

Back