Joe NoBrain "I'm revising my thinking about this virus."

The largest bailout in history was needed for Trump's so called "Hoax"

It will cost every American $6,000. to maybe get a check for $1k.

Out of the 60,000+ cases currently in the US, 121 are in ICU, and 60 of them are below 60(a large part who have pre existing conditions).

I'm not saying ignore it, I'm saying we have to be reasonable here, older people and people who are considered high should remain indoors.

If you even take 40 ICU's(High number) per 60,000 cases. 1/1500

Then if we take the American population - 65 and older comes to 289,000,000

Now Covid 19 has a RO factor of 2.25, you need about 50%+ herd immunity, and the rate of infection drops to almost nothing.

So we take 289,000,000 ÷ 2 and that comes to 145 million Americans.

1/1500 of 145,000,000 = 100,000 Americans that would be in ICU.

There are currently 100,000 ICU beds in America, but then again not every one will be sick at the same time, it only has an RO factor of 2.25, and the risk of infection during incubation period is low.

I listened to an interview with Lisa Monaco, a homeland security advisor to Obama, and I believe she said that 15% of people who get this will need hospitalization, and 5% will need ICUs. If this were to go unchecked, and millions of Americans were to get it, then we'd easily exceed the estimates you've outlined above. The governor of LA announced yesterday that New Orleans is on pace to exceed its health care capacity by April 1st. New York is basically already there. I think there's a lot of uncertainty because no one really knows how many people are/will be infected, but I think it's sort of insane to suggest that some people should carry on and old people should just stay home. Old people often live with their families, or are visited by families, or rely on others to provide them with care or food. We can't just put all the old folks in bubbles and pretend that that's somehow a practical solution.

The largest bailout in history was needed for Trump's so called "Hoax"

It will cost every American $6,000. to maybe get a check for $1k.

It's clear he's beyond comprehending what's going on. He's obsessed with one thing--winning re-election--and will say and do whatever he has to to get there. And how sad it is that conservatives have spent decades gutting protections for the middle class and social safety nets and government's ability to respond to crisis but now, suddenly, are in favor of massive government intervention. Funny how a crisis forces people to reconsider their principles.

Joe is a mentally weak person, in addition to just not being smart or perceptive whatsoever. He has literally brought people he met in the parking lot of a comedy club the night before to talk publicly about serious issues like substance abuse of prescription medication without vetting their information whatsoever. Countless factually incorrect statements I've heard from his guests while he gives zero pushback, just irresponsibly spreads the misinformation.

I remember when Sam Harris easily knocked down every counter-argument he had about free will being an illusion, then hearing him talk later with someone else about how he didn't agree. No reason for changing his mind, didn't explain how the points were wrong. Whether you agree with free will being an illusion or not, it was clear as day that it just makes him feel better to believe people have it so he can think all of his success was earned and others are simply lazy. It wasn't logic that made him change his mind. Then he makes fun of religious people for needing a crutch, when he does the exact same thing they do.

He might be the best example of psychedelics not being the solution to all the problems people have with their egos. Guy is not in any way committed to honest reasoning or truth. I was really grateful when he initially brought Osterholm on to explain the severity of the situation to the uninformed public but I should've known it wasn't going to last long. He will change his opinion at the drop of a dime, just to make himself feel better.

I listened to an interview with Lisa Monaco, a homeland security advisor to Obama, and I believe she said that 15% of people who get this will need hospitalization, and 5% will need ICUs. If this were to go unchecked, and millions of Americans were to get it, then we'd easily exceed the estimates you've outlined above. The governor of LA announced yesterday that New Orleans is on pace to exceed its health care capacity by April 1st. New York is basically already there. I think there's a lot of uncertainty because no one really knows how many people are/will be infected, but I think it's sort of insane to suggest that some people should carry on and old people should just stay home. Old people often live with their families, or are visited by families, or rely on others to provide them with care or food. We can't just put all the old folks in bubbles and pretend that that's somehow a practical solution.

Again your failing to grasp that I don't believe we should do nothing.

Old people and ones considered high risk should be on lock down.

You would drastically lower the hospitalization rate, and greatly reduce the ICU rate if you remove those 2 demographics.

Also we have to remove ages 0 - 19 from the demographic as well, since very very rarely do they need hospitalization.

And again, once you reach 50% herd immunity, then the virus is basically beaten, very hard for it to survive.

The idea is that you want people who are healthy to catch and fight it to build immunity to it. With current medicine your back on your feet in 4 days.

Where? In California? If he was healthy I find that hard to believe, it would make it in the news.

Yeah with the obvious "I don't want to sound like a callous dickhead" preface in case this is true...I also find that hard to believe. Googling 39 year old coronavirus death California brings up no results. There would be.

There was a 39 year old woman who died in New Orleans, but that's a New York Post article (pretty sure they are sensationalist trash), and she was a social worker who worked with HIV patients (does not say if she was positive or not...lol) and she was sick for over a week, waited a week while her symptoms got worse and allegedly only drank whiskey and did not seek medical help

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/39-year-old-woman-dies-waiting-for-coronavirus-test-results/

But now today apparently an under 18 year old died in California. That sucks, obviously no one wants that...but I also don't want to comb through the details and investigate into it that this kid most likely had cancer or some disease. But I have to:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/los...d-under-18-has-died-from-the-coronavirus.html

But of course, it doesn't say at all whether the child was healthy or compromised in health. It does say that apparently China had children in more serious states, with "one dying". That would lead me to believe as a more scientific and non-retarded person, that these children were already sick in some way. Just on statistics alone. (90% are asymptomatic according to China, children that is)

you do realize this thing just started spreading seriously in the US? its not close to being over yet
look at italy, been rampaging for over a month now

why save a failed economic system? capitalism is clearly a failure in situations like these - and situations like these seem to be unavoidable

On point Comrade Fanu!!

The death count cant be that low

You think that is low considering the measures being taken? Also guaranteed the numbers out of China in particular are way fucking higher then they claim.

You think that is low considering the measures being taken? Also guaranteed the numbers out of China in particular are way fucking higher then they claim.

Of course China is fudging their numbers and lying to some degree. But I think the measures are also being taken out of political interest and hype/panic, not to say I think they shouldn't be taken at all here...but I do believe those are some of the main reasons.

How many people you know are following strict isolation? That is, not leaving your house at all. Not letting anyone from outside come in? Basically avoiding complete contact. And doing that for weeks, or probably even months. That is the only way to ensure you will not get it. If you are not doing that, you still don't get it.

I’ve been off work two days now and I’ve already had enough

can it be over yet

lol 20000 out of 7.8 billion is NOT 0.0000026%. any other wisdom you want to share with us, retard?
That seems to he a reasonable response, to a civil discussion. Name calling is a sophisticated answer to any question

Of course China is fudging their numbers and lying to some degree. But I think the measures are also being taken out of political interest and hype/panic, not to say I think they shouldn't be taken at all here...but I do believe those are some of the main reasons.

I also think China’s measures amount to Destroying the infected as well. Lockdown got a temp Bullet to the head then burn off. They are the kind of government who 100% would do that.

you corrected a small error

One in that there has been a sort of mini revolution in urban homesteading.

Riiiiiiiight ... 0.01% vs 35% is a "small" error.

giphy.gif

You respond to that gargantuan correction in the very figure that is the foundation of your entire point of view by claiming that a huge majority of that 35% will be community gardens ... somehow failing to notice that the "huge majority" is actually only a little over 7%.

giphy.gif

What's adorable about this is how you post screeds of unsubstantiated drama queen hyperbole in which you massively exaggerate the flaws of the 99.99%, but when your own gargantuan flaw - the tendency to spout utter bollocks which has no relationship to reality - is exposed you run in the opposite direction and attempt to play them down.

Hilarious. You're quite the character. Please never change.

giphy.gif

Yet it changed little of my overall points made throughout this thread. In that majority of the populace is vastly less prepared than those who lived through previous collapses. And that these mini revolutions are still taking place within a minority of people.

You attacking that one insignificant detail and ignoring the larger scope of whats been said

C'mon bro, don't cry ... if just you'd been able to calm down a little you'd have noticed it's not that the "larger scope" of your idea has been "ignored" ... it's that it's been destroyed.

You're somehow possessed by this unfounded, fanciful, elitist, egotist notion that unlike you, who is SO VERY SPECIAL, "99.99%" of human beings can't adapt and learn the basic skills needed for food production, when in actual fact there are mountains of evidence that human beings, especially in The West, have been doing exactly that already for at least a decade.

The sharp increase in folks (including a shitload of millennials) growing their own food in the wake of the GFC strongly suggests that
  1. the skills of our grandparents aren't even close to as lost as you hysterically claim and
  2. human beings learn and adapt real quick when they're motivated to.
You talked about growing food as if it's some kind of "lost wisdom", as if it's The Ways of the Jedi and you're Luke Skywalker or some such mystical bollocks. Did I ignore that? Or did I responded DIRECTLY to this supposedly "ignored larger scope" of yours by pointing out that 1/3 of households are already deploying that supposedly "lost wisdom" and that half of my suburban/urban friends have vegetable gardens and that the 8 year olds of 2019/2020 are hands-on in growing their food at suburban elementary schools?

But suuuuuure, your precious "larger scope" is being ignored.

giphy.gif

"What about the other 65%?" Why is it you fail to grasp that the vast majority of them would pick up the very simple skills of food production real, real quick when properly motivated to, especially since a good chunk of each community already has those skills to pass on to everyone else?

Drama queens gonna drama queen I guess.

giphy.gif

I also think China’s measures amount to Destroying the infected as well. Lockdown got a temp Bullet to the head then burn off. They are the kind of government who 100% would do that.
My question Is how in the hell was/is China able to avoid what is going on in NY city in places like Shanghai and Beijing? It makes no sense.

My question Is how in the hell was/is China able to avoid what is going on in NY city in places like Shanghai and Beijing? It makes no sense.

Dude I have seen footage of what they where doing in china man. Teams in Hazmat suits grabbing people off the streets. People getting their doors and windows boarded up and locked inside.

Imo they also likely disposed of the sick etc.

Do some deep searching sherbro the truth is out there.

Today "March 28th, 2020" idiots are lighting off fireworks. Its times like this i hate to be an American.

Riiiiiiiight ... 0.01% vs 35% is a "small" error.

giphy.gif

You respond to that gargantuan correction in the very figure that is the foundation of your entire point of view by claiming that a huge majority of that 35% will be community gardens ... somehow failing to notice that the "huge majority" is actually only a little over 7%.

giphy.gif

What's adorable about this is how you post screeds of unsubstantiated drama queen hyperbole in which you massively exaggerate the flaws of the 99.99%, but when your own gargantuan flaw - the tendency to spout utter bollocks which has no relationship to reality - is exposed you run in the opposite direction and attempt to play them down.

Hilarious. You're quite the character. Please never change.

giphy.gif

C'mon bro, don't cry ... if just you'd been able to calm down a little you'd have noticed it's not that the "larger scope" of your idea has been "ignored" ... it's that it's been destroyed.

You're somehow possessed by this unfounded, fanciful, elitist, egotist notion that unlike you, who is SO VERY SPECIAL, "99.99%" of human beings can't adapt and learn the basic skills needed for food production, when in actual fact there are mountains of evidence that human beings, especially in The West, have been doing exactly that already for at least a decade.

The sharp increase in folks (including a shitload of millennials) growing their own food in the wake of the GFC strongly suggests that
  1. the skills of our grandparents aren't even close to as lost as you hysterically claim and
  2. human beings learn and adapt real quick when they're motivated to.
You talked about growing food as if it's some kind of "lost wisdom", as if it's The Ways of the Jedi and you're Luke Skywalker or some such mystical bollocks. Did I ignore that? Or did I responded DIRECTLY to this supposedly "ignored larger scope" of yours by pointing out that 1/3 of households are already deploying that supposedly "lost wisdom" and that half of my suburban/urban friends have vegetable gardens and that the 8 year olds of 2019/2020 are hands-on in growing their food at suburban elementary schools?

But suuuuuure, your precious "larger scope" is being ignored.

giphy.gif

"What about the other 65%?" Why is it you fail to grasp that the vast majority of them would pick up the very simple skills of food production real, real quick when properly motivated to, especially since a good chunk of each community already has those skills to pass on to everyone else?

Drama queens gonna drama queen I guess.

giphy.gif
This is you my friend

02699fccc0f6123d108725e9f3d18da84881f680_2_1066x1000.jpeg ddcae08b138bc4f668b6cf43761e6c15.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back