Joe Martinez should do the announcing for the Fuel shows

JoeLogan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else agree?

As a fan of the promotion, one of the biggest mistakes I think Strikeforce made was not having Joe Martinez be their announcer and instead having Jimmy Lennon junior (I'm not hating on him, but he really has more of a voice for announcing boxing than he does MMA), and, without the WEC, Joe Martinez has, essentially, been relegated to the smaller shows and his beautiful, molasses-drop voice hasn't been given the respect and adoration it deserves, and not as many people watch the Fuel shows anyways, so why not? It'll add a little variety to it, it'll give all the WEC fans some love, and if they're gonna continue to have more shows every year, then they should give Bruce Buffer a break before he fucks up his vocal chords.

Don't flame me for this but
I like him more than Buffer

Don't flame me for this but
I like him more than Buffer

tumblr_m35jlhpnHI1r1onmy.gif

I don't know but Anik and Florian need to have a day off on March 3rd for UFC on Fuel 8 because I really don't want to listen to Anik commentating what could possibly be Wanderlei Silva last fight.

We should start a petition.

I don't know but Anik and Florian need to have a day off on March 3rd for UFC on Fuel 8 because I really don't want to listen to Anik commentating what could possibly be Wanderlei Silva last fight.

Yeah, that sucks that what is most likely going to be Wand's last fight will be called by Anik

they should give Bruce Buffer a break before he fucks up his vocal chords.

Wouldn't that be a blessing? :cool:

I would love to hear Joe announce a few more fights this year. I still see him announcing a few boxing events here and there.

that would be awesome, i want to see him yell out Jose Aldo's name one more time tho, bruce is the best imo, but Martinez does the Aldo yell so good

My enjoyment of MMA is not tied to who is introducing the fighters.

Buffer on PPV and title fights
I did enjoy seeing Martinez back.
Want El Guapo on Wandys last fight too it needs to happen

Buffer on PPV and title fights
I did enjoy seeing Martinez back.

Rogan, Bas and Goldberg would be a nice trio. Basically need a stat/ad guy and Rogan/Bas could handle the more technical/combat side of the fight.

Martinez sounds no different than any other boxing announcer. Buffer actually brings some energy.

Or maybe they could just stop commentating all together. I like Ken Flo, but god dammit, him and Anik commentating is a fucking nightmare. Terrible.

And to the TS, FUCK no.

he was different and thats good enuff/ so yes

I cannot stand any of the "other" guys. Keep it Goldie, Rogan and Buffer. I cannot stand Florian or Anik or Martinez. Jimmy Lennon Jr. Is a different story though.

martinez is god awful. i'm sick of bruce buffer too, but martinez is not an improvement. Its like taking away cancer and giving me aids

I would not hope for that. His announcing in the pat five years consists of singing and commenting on what people in the crowd are wearing.

Every time i hear his voice it feels like im watching some crappy local fighting league.

Back