Joe Lauzon's Cut Man

just rewatched it, he doesnt miss the cut at all. Just the visible extra glob ends up right to the left of the cut but you can see him apply vaseline over the entire cut

I actually thought the vaseline was not applied enough in the corner. The swab was used to stop the blood flow, but did not apply the vaseline in time.

I thought the other guy, besides Stitch was dealing with Lauzon's cut.

Nothing the cut man could have done to keep it from getting busted back open with the first strike to hit it. He did his best. I'd like to see any of you armchair generals tasked with that same job, and see you do a better job under pressure in the minute or two they have.

1. That was a monster cut

2. He went all three rounds with it

3. Cut-man did a good job

Stitch wasn't the cut man. The cut man did spend too much time applying the Adrenalin and did rush and botch the petroleum application IMO. But it doesn't matter as others have said, a cut like that is going to bleed if an ant farted on it.

We need some gifs, I though the same and I believe Joe rogan said it? Or maybe it was the brazilian commentator, I don't remember

if you don't know the nature of cuts and what can be done, why do you jump to the conclusion that his cut man did inadequate work?

Maybe because he hurriedly smeared a big gob of vaseline next to the cut instead of in/over the cut. If you saw the fight, this would be clear. If you didn't see the fight, why are you posting in the thread? Every once in a while you should maybe skip the opportunity to be a dick.

1. That was a monster cut

2. He went all three rounds with it

3. Cut-man did a good job

It was a monster cut, but example:

Shogun/Griffin 1, similar cut, similar location, properly clotted with Vaseline.

I could be wrong but I don't remember giant puddles of blood everywhere in that fight.

all i remember thinking at the time (and i know very little about how to best treat a cut) was that he spent a whole round stopping the bleeding, the signal came for everyone to clear out he seemed to rush the vaseline, missed most of the cut and joe just had a big blob of the stuff on his forehead

i think don house was the cutman, he did a good job applying pressure... to be fair though, he was rushed at the end. he's a good man.

Maybe because he hurriedly smeared a big gob of vaseline next to the cut instead of in/over the cut. If you saw the fight, this would be clear. If you didn't see the fight, why are you posting in the thread? Every once in a while you should maybe skip the opportunity to be a dick.

I saw the fight, I thought he did everything fine. He hurriedly did something? He only gets the amount of time in between Joe having to sit down and talking to his corner. You only see a snippet of what happened, don't pretend like you know the whole story.

I actually noticed this, and no, it wasn't Stitch. It was some black guy.

He looked rushed at the end of one of the rounds and just got a lump of vaseline and stuck it near the cut, but tbh it looked to the side of the cut and it wouldn't actually help. Then sure enough it started bleeding profusely again straight away.

Couldn't watch that fight, had to keep turning my head away. Was like a scene from a horrow movie. Props to Joe for making it to the last round. Respect!

The entire tapout cutman crew is really good. That cut was fucking brutal.

Lauzon stood up too quickly for the cut man to properly apply the vaseline if I remember correctly.

The only thing that would have stopped that cut is if they super glued a tampon in there.

all i remember thinking at the time (and i know very little about how to best treat a cut) was that he spent a whole round stopping the bleeding, the signal came for everyone to clear out he seemed to rush the vaseline, missed most of the cut and joe just had a big blob of the stuff on his forehead

That's exactly what I saw..

Couldn't watch that fight, had to keep turning my head away. Was like a scene from a horrow movie. Props to Joe for making it to the last round. Respect!

Definitely some respect for J-Lo, the Octagon looked like a slaughter house and blood was squirting of that cut.

I think it was this fight...

The cut man tried to wipe vaseline on the cut and didn't even get it on the cut, just around it. I remember saying something to my friend. Whether it would have made a difference or not, I'm not sure.

Back