Joe Lauzon reminds me of Ken Shamrock

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Those leg sub transitions were freakin' awesome! It's unfortunate for him that there could only be one winner, I think Lauzon vs Nate Diaz could be the Shamrock/Gracie II of today on the basis of an exciting match up between two fighters who are great on the ground and aren't afraid of standing up with one another.

Again, not saying that those two are the greatest fighters in the world but I think the match up itself would be freakin awesome.

Lol wut?

Because of one moment in the fight because he went for leglocks Lauzon reminds you of Ken Shamrock?

Lol wut?

Because of one moment in the fight because he went for leglocks Lauzon reminds you of Ken Shamrock?

I don't know why you try to make it seem as if it's a stupid comparison to make, in addition to the leglock attempts he's a pretty good submission fighter as was Shamrock, the leglocks were shades of Shamrock and if you think otherwise I guess you are entitled to that opinion but I'm sure there are others who can see the similarities.

I thought he was going to pull a Ryo Chonan with the flying scissor leg lock

Lol wut?

this is exactly what i thought. lauzon is a way better fighter ken shamrock ever was if youre talking overall mma technique

this is exactly what i thought. lauzon is a way better fighter ken shamrock ever was if youre talking overall mma technique

I'm not talking about technique, Lauzon is clearly going to be a better overall fighter due to the advancements in mma. I'm just talking about the styles of fighting.

I'm not talking about technique, Lauzon is clearly going to be a better overall fighter due to the advancements in mma. I'm just talking about the styles of fighting.

what is it that makes their styles similar? submissions? im not seeing it.

Lauzon should go to the UFC hall of fame when his career is said and done. He really brings it in a way that just isn't that common. We saw him beaten down last night but he never broke and he gave miller some fits down the stretch.

How many times do we see fights end where the guys who's gotta be down on the cards sort of just resigns to his fate. Lauzon instead goes crazy Chonan style and tries to pull off the sub win. What a beast.

Back