Joe Lauzon Last Fought Over Five Months Ago

I want to see him fight soon, the guy is exciting as they come.

Runs his own gym and has a few guys in the UFC. Not to mention he's got a fair bit of bonus money as well. That said, I don't think he should retire. He's still got a few years left in him as a lower top 10 type guy.

Lauzon is my favorite fighter but his days of fighting guys in the top ten are probably over, and that's okay with me. There's still plenty of interesting fights for him against younger guys, recent TUF competitors, perhaps, still looking to climb the ladder- Ramsey Nijem, Al Iaquinta, Michael Chiesa- or other veterans who might not have one last run to the top in them but are still capable of putting on good fights- Matt Wiman, Gleison Tibau, Mark Bocek. I always thought a fight between Lauzon and Thiago Tavares would be interesting but Tavares is at 145 now.

I love Ramsey, but Lauzon would bootygoon him so badly lol

I'm okay with it :icon_chee Lauzon would just be avenging Joe Proctor's loss to Ramsey anyhow.

Lauzon either needs to move to another camp, or retire. He isn't going to get anywhere further with his current training partners, which I believe is his own gym. Good for long term, bad for now.

Have him headline the prelims against Iaquinta. There will be flying heel hooks... flying heel hooks everywhere.

Lauzon either needs to move to another camp, or retire. He isn't going to get anywhere further with his current training partners, which I believe is his own gym. Good for long term, bad for now.

I don't really think he's going anywhere with or without a move. He's always kind of been stuck in the same place rankings wise and I don't ever really see that getting better, only worse. He might as well stay comfortable at his own gym, pick up some more 'of the night' awards.

I say this about a lot of fighters, and people usually get upset, and their response is like "OH SO HE'S JUST A BUM NOW?!!?". But it's not really about that. Joe's still young and has just taken a lot of damage. He's not going to contend for the belt, so it's either fight guys he can handle easily, or be in exciting fights with the top guys he's probably going to get slaughtered in. I don't like seeing guys get hurt, good guys like Joe especially.

This is where matchmaking should come in. He should be matched up against middle of the pack guys at most and I wouldn't mind seeing him crush cans. Only thing is that Lauzon looked pretty awful against Danzig so it's possible that he isn't even viable as an exciting middle of the road kind of fighter.

He's been moonlighting as a stand-in for Jessamyn Duke at photoshoots.

I think he just had a son? Hopefully J-Lau'll be back soon, the dude is a killer. War Lauzon!

I say this about a lot of fighters, and people usually get upset, and their response is like "OH SO HE'S JUST A BUM NOW?!!?". But it's not really about that. Joe's still young and has just taken a lot of damage. He's not going to contend for the belt, so it's either fight guys he can handle easily, or be in exciting fights with the top guys he's probably going to get slaughtered in. I don't like seeing guys get hurt, good guys like Joe especially.

People probably are confused b/c its just such stupid advice.

It is like me telling you, judging by the stupidity of your posts, you have no hope and should go out back and hang yourself. I presume your stupidity has lead to great life traumas and that you could bypass any future trauma by killing yourself now.

I don't think we'll ever see Joe get a title fight.

I'd love to see him get one, but I highly doubt it will ever happen.

I hope the MMA gods see this and prove me wrong.

Have him headline the prelims against Iaquinta. There will be flying heel hooks... flying heel hooks everywhere.

I don't really think he's going anywhere with or without a move. He's always kind of been stuck in the same place rankings wise and I don't ever really see that getting better, only worse. He might as well stay comfortable at his own gym, pick up some more 'of the night' awards.

He's said before, I think on WoodysGamertag's podcast actually, that he likes his situation where he's the main guy at the gym and the coaches aren't worrying about training and gameplanning for a bunch of other UFC fighters. I sort of understand it, but he also said this shortly after the Guillard fight when his stock was higher than ever.

In a completely hypothetical scenario I'd love to see him at Team Alpha Male. Better coaches, better teammates, and a focus that could sharpen the parts of his game that need work. But Massachusetts is his home and he's not leaving any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back