Joe Lauzon is awesome thread

The whole last round I was wanting him to go for a Ryo chonan style flyin heel hook. Was shocked he actually went for it. Great fight wish it was a 5 rder. I think if there is a title fight on the card the co main should also be 5 rds

And for extra style points...

ilcTYG81RDGQk.gif

Did you miss Cain turning Bigfoot into a blood fountain

Idk, I think that was worse than Cain/Bigfoot. It was a couple of minutes in that fight. Miller/Lauzon was almost all three rounds. Blood was just pooling underneath him when they were grappling.

Idk, I think that was worse than Cain/Bigfoot. It was a couple of minutes in that fight. Miller/Lauzon was almost all three rounds. Blood was just pooling underneath him when they were grappling.

I can see that as a fair point. But the share amount of blood per second Bigfoot was pumping out was sickening a one point.

There was a guy bitching that Joe/Jim was the co-mainevent.
Like what the fuck? It is a Lauzon fight you know awesome shit is going to happen.

Bigfoot is also close to twice Lauzon's weight, makes sens he would bleed more =)

I'm a fan. That scissor takedown into inverted heel hook was sick.

Yea can't imagine any fight fan not liking this guy. If you follow mma you have to be excited when you see his name on a card, cause I don't think he's ever had a boring fight win or lose. Jim Millers the same as him and this was a great fight on paper, it lived up to expectations and then some. Joe will never be champ but he deserves main card fights for real money, despite losing a fight like this because we get our moneys worth when he's on the card

I was at a bar arguing with people who kept counting him out. And I thought he won that fight. I had it 1-1 going into the 3rd and he almost finished the fight. A few more seconds and it was over.

Lauzon is a great fighter but he is an even greater inspiration.

Lauzon and Miller are both crazy good. I cannot believe Joe almost had that heel hook (or I'm assuming he almost had it, I have no clue how to do one lol). Great fight!

I LOVE how at the very end of Round 3, after the bell rang, Miller rolled over on top of Lauzon and mouthed "Holy Sh*t". Even he was amazed at how much punishment he dished out on Lauzon and the fact that Joe kept on going. Definitely a FOTY contender in my eyes.

Back