Joe Lauzon and Big Fights

I like watching joe fight top guys; fighters like him are the reason I still like MMA. whether standing or on the ground, he's just so much fun to watch. if he started fighting scrubs his fights would have less significance and would therefore be less fun to watch. he's a guy that should never have to see the prelims until the day he retires. unless, obviously, he goes on a huge losing streak.

Wow, an intelligent thread from a White belt.

Kudos to you sir, you are definitely the exception to the rule. I agree with everything you said, especially the George Sotiropolous part. I never expected Lauzon to win that fight either

I don't want to be a dick but he lost against sotiropoulos:cool:

He's one of my fav fighters ever, but I agree, he needs to get to a better camp where he can excel to the highest levels.

Win or lose, he's a fan favorite and is one of the few people who consistently submits opponents. His ground game is very strong.

Is it not true that the majority of posts by white belts on here are troll worthy?

And yeah, I just noticed now it's an 08 account

whats with the white belt hate? don't tell me you started instantly with a green belt by making great almighty threads.

anyway, back to the topic. Lauzon is a beast, never never never judge a book by its cover.

JLau is the most dangerous first round fighter there is. Hes explosive and fluid in the first round. After that sometimes he sort of fizzles out, sometimes he doesnt, but hes never as good as he is in the first.

Lauzon is one of those fighters who probably will never win the belt but could beat Amy fighter on any given night. Always fun to watch and can't wait to see him destroy miller.

I don't know where a lot of people get this opinion that he can beat some top LWs.

Sure I like Lauzon as much as the next guy, but to be honest I don't think he stands a chance in hell beating anyone in the top 5.

Plus I think he is gonna lose to Miller in a few days.

He is a good fighter, most likely fits somewhere around top 15-10 but I doubt he'll ever be a contender.

I like watching joe fight top guys; fighters like him are the reason I still like MMA. whether standing or on the ground, he's just so much fun to watch. if he started fighting scrubs his fights would have less significance and would therefore be less fun to watch. he's a guy that should never have to see the prelims until the day he retires. unless, obviously, he goes on a huge losing streak.

"If he (joe lauzon) started fighting scrubs".
Of Joe's 8 wins in the UFC, not counting Jens, 5 no longer fighter in the UFC.
Lauzon's opponents have a combined UFC record of 19 wins and 22 losses.
Joe has thrived or died on mismatches.
I see Miller/Lauzon possibly being competitive. Maynard/Lauzon was a mismatch.

It's a big fight for him this weekend, if he wins impressively he's going to be known as elite, otherwise he'll probably remain forever in exciting gatekeeper-ville

This.

I feel exactly the same. It's remarkable in this day and age that none of his fights went to decision. It's kill or be killed, and you never quite know whether or not he will come out on top which makes it that much more exciting. He should always be on the main card.

Win or lose I will always be a fan ( though a title run had be nice).

J-Lau is one those fighters that I would never, under any circumstances, wanna have on my back.

He's slick with his submissions and a tough opponent.

War!

I think he's a great fighter, I love watching his fights but I think he will never be champion (unless it happens to him what happened to AS)

Call me crazy but I'd pick Lauzon over Edgar. Edgar's near unfinishable but I'd take Lauzon over any other LW to finish him.

Call me crazy but I'd pick Lauzon over Edgar. Edgar's near unfinishable but I'd take Lauzon over any other LW to finish him.

Even if Edgar had stayed at 155 Lauzon would never finish him. Edgar has an iron chin and Lauzon isn't the heaviest hitter. He wouldn't be able to take Frankie down and work submissions and even if he did Frankie's BJJ under Almeida is pretty underrated. J-Lau is a stud but Edgar would 30-27 him all day long

Yeah I agree that Joe running his own gym and not joining a "supercamp" might stop him from realizing his full potential as an elite fighter, but I would do the same if I were him. He will get to be involved in MMA until he dies and still make money when he's past his physical prime.

Joe's jits is nasty though, we'll see what happens this weekend!

Back