Joe Joyce vs Michael Wallisch ESPN + 2PM ET/11AM PT

Chisora is to small and stationary for a big unit like Joyce ,Whyte is a very good fight but I see Joyce imposing himself there to at some point . Joyce is a funny character unless you e boxed him you don’t know how good he actually is , Peter Fury knows why he avoided that guy among others, he’s a real threat ,I think Dubois has the right make up to get him but it’s a tough call ?

I think Dubois beats him. I think he could beat both Whyte and chisora.

Yea DDD is a threat for sure , If One can calculate a fighter worth at the time of his fights and be able to configure where a huge power puncher behind a good jab is in future fights would come to the conclusion that Dubois is a difficult fight for anyone win or lose .

Joyce needed that fight as you can see he was getting caught clean with rights and warmed up by the second round ,Joyce gets better longer hence the juggernaut, DDD is a very explosive puncher of size ,a big unit ...it’s a toss up fight . I’ll do a break down after DDD fights ...to me it’s a kind of Bowe vs Foreman Type fight ,watch .

I agree. He looked shit in the first round & then he got going in round two & it was all over. I like that he got his sea legs back under him with this camp & this fight after a year off. Now, I fully expect him to come in fit & ready in October to expose Dubois as the hype-machine that he is. I'm picking Joe to win inside four rounds.

Every time I watch Joyce I’m taken back by how slow he is. Surely when he goes up against someone with speed and pop in their punches he’s going to be in trouble.

I can see Dubois countering with an overhand right, and it doesn’t take many of those...

I don't see Joyce beating an in shape Whyte

I agree. He looked shit in the first round & then he got going in round two & it was all over. I like that he got his sea legs back under him with this camp & this fight after a year off. Now, I fully expect him to come in fit & ready in October to expose Dubois as the hype-machine that he is. I'm picking Joe to win inside four rounds.
Yea it’s a tough one , I can’t see DDD folding in 4, I think Joyce if he wins does it late but we’ll see. I think Joyce needs 3 rnds to get into groove , that leaves one rnd if he wins in 4 .

Every time I watch Joyce I’m taken back by how slow he is. Surely when he goes up against someone with speed and pop in their punches he’s going to be in trouble.

I can see Dubois countering with an overhand right, and it doesn’t take many of those...

Joyce looks astonishingly slow. Dubois is sure gonna check that chin of his.

Joyce is huge and relentless. I have no idea how highh is ceiling is but he looks like he would be hard work.

Looks plodding but he comes forward and he is a massive unit.

If he has durability to match his work rate I think he would be hard to beat for most heavyweights.

The top of the division would likely take him out but I don't think he'd be easy work for anyone unless he can't take a punch.

Be interesting to see how Dubois does with him. Dubois is still very young, if Joyce can't take his power Dubois should take him out. Equally Joyce might drown him.

Should be an interesting test for Dubois and I would not write the loser off in the current HW division.

I think Dubois is at least two years off from those sort of fights.

Maybe Chisora if Chisora loses and he looks impressive versus Joyce but Whyte is an absolute pit bull and might not even have hit his own prime yet. That would be a very tough fight for Dubois at this stage.

Dubois is very young. He should progress through fights and win a Lonsdale before progressing to European level.

Then fight a contender or two. He is still only 22 years old and has all the time in the world to develop.

If he keeps winning I think he should be looking to fight for a world title in a few years time. He's nowhere near ready imo.

Yeah, I think they both needed another full camp in & an interim fight to be properly prepared for their October affair. A full year off is a long stretch for a young pro still learning the trade. Now there will be no excuses from either man about it.

As for the likelihood of a packed house to see the fight, I highly doubt it will come to pass either. At best, I can envision some sort of limited seating set-up for fans but that's all.

Look how Sumo deals with it. Reduced numbers of spectators with fixed distance between them and masks have to be worn. Works great in Sumo but its annother culture. Imo the best solution in boxing would be a fight in open stadium like the old Jack Dempsey fights and then everything with stools and always one empty stool in between people. Presupposes a lot of discipline in the crowd but imo can be done

Look how Sumo deals with it. Reduced numbers of spectators with fixed distance between them and masks have to be worn. Works great in Sumo but its annother culture. Imo the best solution in boxing would be a fight in open stadium like the old Jack Dempsey fights and then everything with stools and always one empty stool in between people. Presupposes a lot of discipline in the crowd but imo can be done

Sounds like a good plan to me, bro.

I think Dubois is at least two years off from those sort of fights.

Maybe Chisora if Chisora loses and he looks impressive versus Joyce but Whyte is an absolute pit bull and might not even have hit his own prime yet. That would be a very tough fight for Dubois at this stage.

Dubois is very young. He should progress through fights and win a Lonsdale before progressing to European level.

Then fight a contender or two. He is still only 22 years old and has all the time in the world to develop.

If he keeps winning I think he should be looking to fight for a world title in a few years time. He's nowhere near ready imo.

Sorry dude I probably wasn’t very clear. I was talking about Joyce. It’s a slug fest with chisora, who falls first. If he can take whytes power I think he can outlast him. His chin looks rock solid, but he hasn’t fought anyone with real power yet. We’ll find that out against Dubois

I think Dubois is the goods. I do agree though, no need to rush him.

Back