Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker - September 24th - BT Sport Box Office

you expected parker to get stopped? or just dominated? i did not see a stoppage coming. i thought joyce would go down before parker did.

I expected Joyce to finish Parker in the last few rounds.

He's just beaten someone with pop. Parker has good power, and then Dubois is one of the biggest punchers in the division. Outside of Wilder and AJ can you really see anyone stopping him? Maybe Fury if Fury can completely dominate but 12 rounds is much more likely.
LOL 'Joyce hasn't had his chin tested properly by a big puncher...' Except for Dubois?? I don't think AJ can stop Joyce. AJ can't sustain pressure that he'd need to finish off Joyce and he's not going to one shot him. I doubt even Wilder can one shot him.

And Parker hit him with some of the best punches I've ever seen him throw. They did literally nothing to Joyce. His chin is ungodly.

Usyk won every round. He handled that version of Joyce quite easily. Beat him to the punch and countered him at will. While both have improved I'd take Usyk to do it again. Not that they'll likely cross paths again. Usyk will challenge Fury and then retire. That's what he's on record saying the other day.
Joyce had a good bit of success in the second round. He hurt Usyk. I think if he really went to the body for 12 rounds then he could pull an upset. Usyk has great feet and cardio but AJ hurt him to the body repeatedly but just couldn't sustain. If that fight ever gets made I'm betting a few big ones on Joyce.

Joyce had a good bit of success in the second round. He hurt Usyk. I think if he really went to the body for 12 rounds then he could pull an upset. Usyk has great feet and cardio but AJ hurt him to the body repeatedly but just couldn't sustain. If that fight ever gets made I'm betting a few big ones on Joyce.
I just rewatched Usyk vs Joyce. I saw Usyk off balance momentarily in the 2nd but not actually hurt. Not enough for Joyce to capitalize anyway. I think it's quite a stretch for someone to say that was a tough fight for Usyk when he won every round and never even looked to be in serious trouble. AJ has a good body attack but Usyk managed to absorb it. He then managed to come back strong the very next round and sweep the last few rounds. I doubt we'll see Usyk vs Joyce run it back but if they do I think Usyk will outbox Joyce again without much trouble. Too much craft and speed for Joyce to deal with.

I just rewatched Usyk vs Joyce. I saw Usyk off balance momentarily in the 2nd but not actually hurt. Not enough for Joyce to capitalize anyway. I think it's quite a stretch for someone to say that was a tough fight for Usyk when he won every round and never even looked to be in serious trouble. AJ has a good body attack but Usyk managed to absorb it. He then managed to come back strong the very next round and sweep the last few rounds. I doubt we'll see Usyk vs Joyce run it back but if they do I think Usyk will outbox Joyce again without much trouble. Too much craft and speed for Joyce to deal with.
Well I didn't see it as a tough fight so I agree with that. AJ hurt Usyk more than it looked to me. He wisely clinched up immediately, preventing AJ from capitalising. You could tell he was hurt. AJ just accepted the hugs because he could enjoy another moment to rest.

Joyce won't stop relentlessly banging away to Usyk's body for 12 rounds straight. Not after I send him and his team my montage of every time Usyk has looked hurt to the body throughout his career ;)
The hardest part will be keeping up with Usyk's sublime footwork which we know Usyk can do for 12 rounds also. But it's much easier to hit his body than his head.

Well I didn't see it as a tough fight so I agree with that. AJ hurt Usyk more than it looked to me. He wisely clinched up immediately, preventing AJ from capitalising. You could tell he was hurt. AJ just accepted the hugs because he could enjoy another moment to rest.

Joyce won't stop relentlessly banging away to Usyk's body for 12 rounds straight. Not after I send him and his team my montage of every time Usyk has looked hurt to the body throughout his career ;)
The hardest part will be keeping up with Usyk's sublime footwork which we know Usyk can do for 12 rounds also. But it's much easier to hit his body than his head.
AJ did hurt Usyk several times over the course of their couple fights (to the head and body). However, it's really difficult to capitalize on that even when Usyk's stunned. He's constantly moving and defending even while hurt and backpedaling. The most Usyk's ever been hurt that I've seen was when Beterbiev put him down with a body shot in the amateurs. He went down from the pain it appeared. As I said earlier though I don't think we'll see Usyk vs Joyce 2. I think Usyk will try like hell to get Fury into the ring early next year for undisputed and then retire win, lose or draw. I see him only having one or two fights left to cap off his career. He's been talking about retirement for years once he reaches his goal at heavyweight (to become undisputed).

You knew what I meant. Parker isn't a puncher. Dubois has power but he didn't have the ability to get it there. I'm obviously talking about him stepping up going forward. Not a Dubois rematch.

dubois landed clean, hard shots on his chin and it hardly fazed Joyce. Outside of Joshua and wilder, he hits as hard as anyone. Wilder has taken mid rounds to land big on fuckin journeymen when he was wbc champ. He’s not blasting everyone out in a couple of rounds as people like to claim. As champion most of his fights were going mid to late rounds, against poor opposition
Joshua hasn’t been running through fighters since the first ruiz fight. Both of these guys have a few rounds to knock Joyce out before they start getting overwhelmed. Neither has a particularly good gas tank and we saw how quickly wilder gassed when he’s put on the back foot.

dubois landed clean, hard shots on his chin and it hardly fazed Joyce. Outside of Joshua and wilder, he hits as hard as anyone. Wilder has taken mid rounds to land big on fuckin journeymen when he was wbc champ. He’s not blasting everyone out in a couple of rounds as people like to claim. As champion most of his fights were going mid to late rounds, against poor opposition
Joshua hasn’t been running through fighters since the first ruiz fight. Both of these guys have a few rounds to knock Joyce out before they start getting overwhelmed. Neither has a particularly good gas tank and we saw how quickly wilder gassed when he’s put on the back foot.
I mean, if you guys want to believe he's going to keep walking through punches like that as he steps up the competition, more power to you. Go ahead and kid yourself that Joseph Parker is a devastating power puncher. You all know he's not. Would any of you pick Dubois to put Fury on his ass repeatedly? Would Dubois KO Ortiz?
I hate this "well I just can't understand whats being said here" shit.

Solid win for Joyce. Looked fluent and stylish. I like the way he fights.

AJ did hurt Usyk several times over the course of their couple fights (to the head and body). However, it's really difficult to capitalize on that even when Usyk's stunned. He's constantly moving and defending even while hurt and backpedaling. The most Usyk's ever been hurt that I've seen was when Beterbiev put him down with a body shot in the amateurs. He went down from the pain it appeared. As I said earlier though I don't think we'll see Usyk vs Joyce 2. I think Usyk will try like hell to get Fury into the ring early next year for undisputed and then retire win, lose or draw. I see him only having one or two fights left to cap off his career. He's been talking about retirement for years once he reaches his goal at heavyweight (to become undisputed).
If Usyk is smart that's what he'll do. I'm hoping that he's an anything goes warrior who will take on all comers to prove his superiority for as long as it takes. But in all honesty he has nothing to prove if he fights Fury. The guy is a natural cruiserweight who has done it all, and shown himself to be a great heavyweight just on skill and conditioning alone. Fury clearly sees him as a real threat and that's impressive enough for me. But in my boxing nirvana, as well as taking on Fury, he rematches Joyce and makes Wilder look like a toughman competitor before retiring into the sunset. Preferably to take up residence in Putin's Billion dollar Palace on the Black Sea. Slava Ukraini and Putin khuylo!

Last edited:
I do actually think its entirely possible that Joyce can take wilders best punches and keep coming. Wilders power is from being genetically gifted. Its possible joyce's chin is the same and he can just take punches others can't. Dude is 6'6 with a big frame even for that height. Difference between joyce and fury, joshua and wilder. Is joyce has a thick, short neck. George chuvalo always believed thats why he had such a good chin himself. The combination of joyce's chin and incredible workrate will make him a hard fight for anyone.

I mean, if you guys want to believe he's going to keep walking through punches like that as he steps up the competition, more power to you. Go ahead and kid yourself that Joseph Parker is a devastating power puncher. You all know he's not. Would any of you pick Dubois to put Fury on his ass repeatedly? Would Dubois KO Ortiz?
I hate this "well I just can't understand whats being said here" shit.
Both Dubois and Parker are big punchers, and both landed multiple clean shots on the button to no effect. Aside from Wilder and AJ, who hits noticeably harder than those two?
Joyce has the best chin in current HW boxing.

Both Dubois and Parker are big punchers, and both landed multiple clean shots on the button to no effect. Aside from Wilder and AJ, who hits noticeably harder than those two?
Parker is not a big puncher at all.

Joyce still a crazy durable monster though.

If Usyk is smart that's what he'll do. I'm hoping that he's an anything goes warrior who will take on all comers to prove his superiority for as long as it takes. But in all honesty he has nothing to prove if he fights Fury. The guy is a natural cruiserweight who has done it all, and shown himself to be a great heavyweight just on skill and conditioning alone. Fury clearly sees him as a real threat and that's impressive enough for me. But in my boxing nirvana, as well as taking on Fury, he rematches Joyce and makes Wilder look like a toughman competitor before retiring into the sunset. Preferably to take up residence in Putin's Billion dollar Palace on the Black Sea. Slava Ukraini and Putin khuylo!
At age 35 (36 in a few months) I think Usyk's looking to close his chapter. He's no spring chicken anymore. The endgame for him of course is to become undisputed heavyweight champion. It's about legacy meaning for him it's either Fury or bust. I'm interested in seeing Usyk face Fury and Wilder. None of the other match-ups excite me. A Joyce rematch would be mildly interesting but I saw nothing in their first fight that would suggest he could beat Usyk. Of course Joyce was much lighter back then, it was only a 5 rounder, and they used 12 oz gloves there rather than 10s. Speaking of age Joyce is no spring chicken, either. At 37 years old that puts him in his late 30s, the wrong side of 30. And with his style of eating KO shots like skittles it's just a matter of time before his chin cracks. There's no longevity in fighting like that. I will say though that the Juggernaut makes a solid addition to the division. Now we've got Fury, Usyk, AJ, Wilder, and Joyce all at the top of the division. The marquee division is healthy and in a good place right now.

Parker is a boxer , not a puncher. Dubois can punch but he can't box.

I mentioned this is the live thread (very late to the party) but Joyce was -300 to not be knocked down.

Felt awful low. I took advantage.

Back