Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker - September 24th - BT Sport Box Office

you expected parker to get stopped? or just dominated? i did not see a stoppage coming. i thought joyce would go down before parker did.
I thought, stylistically, he should stop him but Joyce is so lumbering and goofy, its hard to be sure about the guy.
These big heavyweights don't know how to deal with taller fighters. Thats why Fury has been so successful. Wlad couldn't deal with his size and neither could Wilder. Both guys used to having that size advantage.Same is true somewhat of PArker. You can't try to box smooth outside witha guy with a jab and reach like that.

Joyce is going to get KO'd badly when he fights someone with pop. People rave about a fighter having a great chin- I have never thought that was a good thing to know about a fighter. I mean, obviously you want to have a good chin, but when its all fans talk about, its just a fancy way of saying you get hit all the time. I'd pick any of the 3 big heavies to knock him out. I think Usyk would still have a hard time with him, like the first time they fought.

I think Usyk would still have a hard time with him, like the first time they fought.
Usyk won every round. He handled that version of Joyce quite easily. Beat him to the punch and countered him at will. While both have improved I'd take Usyk to do it again. Not that they'll likely cross paths again. Usyk will challenge Fury and then retire. That's what he's on record saying the other day.

Last edited:
Joyce is going to get KO'd badly when he fights someone with pop. People rave about a fighter having a great chin- I have never thought that was a good thing to know about a fighter. I mean, obviously you want to have a good chin, but when its all fans talk about, its just a fancy way of saying you get hit all the time. I'd pick any of the 3 big heavies to knock him out. I think Usyk would still have a hard time with him, like the first time they fought.
He's just beaten someone with pop. Parker has good power, and then Dubois is one of the biggest punchers in the division. Outside of Wilder and AJ can you really see anyone stopping him? Maybe Fury if Fury can completely dominate but 12 rounds is much more likely.

He's just beaten someone with pop. Parker has good power, and then Dubois is one of the biggest punchers in the division. Outside of Wilder and AJ can you really see anyone stopping him? Maybe Fury if Fury can completely dominate but 12 rounds is much more likely.
Meh, Parker isn't a big puncher. He's never KO'd anyone of note. Dubois just isn't very good, he couldn't. adjust to the jab at all. I think you know I'm talking about guys like Wilder. Guys who put top heavies on their ass. Thats not Dubois and Parker.

Usyk won every round. He handled that version of Joyce quite easily. Beat him to the punch and countered him at will. While both have improved I'd take Usyk to do it again. Not that they'll likely cross paths again. Usyk will challenge Fury and then retire. That's what he's on record saying the other day.
He had a pretty tough time with Joyce. He was under pressure the whole fight.

He had a pretty tough time with Joyce. He was under pressure the whole fight.
Uh, when you win every single round and literally batter the other guy that's not a tough fight. Joyce's pressure made him work but it wasn't effective. He'd have at least won some rounds if it was as effective as you think it was.

Uh, when you win every single round and literally batter the other guy that's not a tough fight. Joyce's pressure made him work but it wasn't effective. He'd have at least won some rounds if it was as effective as you think it was.
I'm not going to do this with you.

Great fight, made up for the disappointment of Canelo-GGG III

I'm not going to do this with you.
It was quite a one-sided fight. Usyk lit him up like a Christmas tree. He buzzed him on several occasions, bloodied his face, and shut Joyce out 50-45 on all 3 judges' cards. I've included the highlights below.

It was quite a one-sided fight. Usyk lit him up like a Christmas tree. He buzzed him on several occasions, bloodied his face, and shut Joyce out 50-45 on all 3 judges' cards. I've included the highlights below.

Blanking a guy in a 5 round fight and proving your more skilled in each of those individual rounds is one thing, but it’s not like he really slowed Joyce down or didn’t eat his share of clean punishment along the way. Points wise Usyk won easy. Professional boxing wise, he caught plenty that could make the next 7 rounds look different. At this point of both their careers 5 rounds is just warming up, but I too think Usyk will win if they meet again.

Meh, Parker isn't a big puncher. He's never KO'd anyone of note. Dubois just isn't very good, he couldn't. adjust to the jab at all. I think you know I'm talking about guys like Wilder. Guys who put top heavies on their ass. Thats not Dubois and Parker.
There's a huge disparity between just "someone with pop" and Wilder, it was just a silly statement. Like can you list the "guys who put top heavies on their ass" who you think will badly KO Joe Joyce? Because if it's only two or three fighters then you can just say their names and not have the implication that those two or three fighters are the only people in the division with pop.

Blanking a guy in a 5 round fight and proving your more skilled in each of those individual rounds is one thing, but it’s not like he really slowed Joyce down or didn’t eat his share of clean punishment along the way. Points wise Usyk won easy. Professional boxing wise, he caught plenty that could make the next 7 rounds look different. At this point of both their careers 5 rounds is just warming up, but I too think Usyk will win if they meet again.
I could probably count on one hand how many clean shots Usyk ate from Joyce in that fight. Usyk's face after the fight was clean and, despite his willingness to trade, took little damage over the course of those 5 rounds. He did slow Joyce down as his counters stopped him in his tracks more than once. Usyk was able to match Joyce's engine and durability. His clear speed advantage and precise counterpunching was the difference. Outside of a couple brief moments Joyce had nothing for him.

There's a huge disparity between just "someone with pop" and Wilder, it was just a silly statement. Like can you list the "guys who put top heavies on their ass" who you think will badly KO Joe Joyce? Because if it's only two or three fighters then you can just say their names and not have the implication that those two or three fighters are the only people in the division with pop.
You knew what I meant. Parker isn't a puncher. Dubois has power but he didn't have the ability to get it there. I'm obviously talking about him stepping up going forward. Not a Dubois rematch.

I could probably count on one hand how many clean shots Usyk ate from Joyce in that fight. Usyk's face after the fight was clean and, despite his willingness to trade, took little damage over the course of those 5 rounds. He did slow Joyce down as his counters stopped him in his tracks more than once. Usyk was able to match Joyce's engine and durability. His clear speed advantage and precise counterpunching was the difference. Outside of a couple brief moments Joyce had nothing for him.
At no point during any of the segments that make up that highlight you just posted is Joyce not throwing punches, so I guess he never slowed down, and also all 5 rounds show Usyk eating punches he shouldn’t even be getting hit by but is because he is having to over exert himself to stay active and attempting to slip everything, it was already starting to catch up to him, he did not slip everything, you’re exaggerating a little

At no point during any of the segments that make up that highlight you just posted is Joyce not throwing punches, so I guess he never slowed down, and also all 5 rounds show Usyk eating punches he shouldn’t even be getting hit by but is because he is having to over exert himself to stay active and attempting to slip everything, it was already starting to catch up to him, he did not slip everything, you’re exaggerating a little
Usyk won every single round. I'm hardly exaggerating about anything. The only guy landing clean punches consistently in that fight was Usyk. Anyone can watch the full fight and verify this themselves.

Usyk won every single round. I'm hardly exaggerating about anything. The only guy landing clean punches consistently in that fight was Usyk. Anyone can watch the full fight and verify this themselves.
No one is saying he didn’t win 5 rounds. Now they fight 12 rounds, and I don’t necessarily believe Usyk showed me in that 5 he’d win 12. In fact, I think he might have a hard time with Joyce now. Probably wins, but that 5 round fight doesn’t prove that at all, fighters fatigue it’s not a hard concept to understand

No one is saying he didn’t win 5 rounds. Now they fight 12 rounds, and I don’t necessarily believe Usyk showed me in that 5 he’d win 12. In fact, I think he might have a hard time with Joyce now. Probably wins, but that 5 round fight doesn’t prove that at all, fighters fatigue it’s not a hard concept to understand
Usyk's stamina is truly ridiculous. I don't see him being slowed down too much in a 12 rounder against Joyce. Hell, Parker just lasted 11 rounds against him. AJ beat Usyk up in the 9th round of their rematch and Usyk came out looking fresh as a daisy in round 10 and then swept the last 3 rounds. As good of an engine as Joyce has Usyk can match it. Worst case scenario Usyk would pace himself to conserve energy as necessary. We're talking about an elite pound-for-pound fighter here.

Parker came in stupid...I’ll bulk up so he’ll really feel my power...totally gave up his natural advantages.

That said...War Frankenstein.

Back