Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker - September 24th - BT Sport Box Office

How to watch the fights?
Also, I don’t understand why Joyce is quite a big favorite over Parker

How to watch the fights?
Also, I don’t understand why Joyce is quite a big favorite over Parker

I think because of his size, power, and especially his chin and pace he sets. These heavies generally have a few good rounds, can’t make a dent on his chin, and then drown due to his constant pressure. That’s how he wins almost all of his fights

I think the betting lines should be a lot closer though. Parker chin is equally as solid, and he has the footwork, skills and gas tank to go the whole fight. Can he keep away from Joyce the whole fight? I think it will be a tale of 2 halves, Parker winning the early rounds and Joyce finishing strong. This will either be a UD for either guy or a late tko for for joe imo. I’m going with Parker, just

Last edited:
I think because of his size, power, and especially his chin and pace he sets. These heavies generally have a few good rounds, can’t make a dent on his chin, and then drown due to his constant pressure. That’s how he wins almost all of his fights

I think the betting lines should be a lot closer though. Parker chin is equally as solid, and he has the footwork, skills and gas tank to go the whole fight. Can he keep away from Joyce the whole fight? I think it will be a tale of 2 halves, Parker winning the early rounds and Joyce finishing strong. This will either be a UD for either guy or a late tko for for joe imo. I’m going with Parker, just
Parker's problem is thatt I don't think he's active enough to steal enough rounds from Joyce. Both of them also came in heavier than expected, so an upset could happen. Parker being 15 pounds heavier than when he struggled with Fa of all people is IMO not a good sign. At least with Joyce we know that his output still doesn't drop even when he's at a higher weight, but he also shouldn't be 271 pounds heavy. Parker needs to go to the body a lot, that seems to be the best way to actually bother Joyce and to slow him down.

I'm leaning towards Joyce, but i think it's a 60:40 fight, both of them could end up winning.

Parker's problem is thatt I don't think he's active enough to steal enough rounds from Joyce. Both of them also came in heavier than expected, so an upset could happen. Parker being 15 pounds heavier than when he struggled with Fa of all people is IMO not a good sign. At least with Joyce we know that his output still doesn't drop even when he's at a higher weight, but he also shouldn't be 271 pounds heavy. Parker needs to go to the body a lot, that seems to be the best way to actually bother Joyce and to slow him down.

I'm leaning towards Joyce, but i think it's a 60:40 fight, both of them could end up winning.

I didn’t realise Parker came in heavy. That seems like a mistake to me. He needs to be quick and mobile. Unless you can hit like wilder and Joshua, you have to outbox him. Joyce is someone who likes to box at range, he doesn’t lean or hold. Hes stayed very much to his ami roots in that sense. I don’t know what benefit there is coming in heavy against Joyce. Based on that I think I’d have to favour Joyce then

Last edited:
I didn’t realise Parker came in heavy. That seems like a mistake to me. He needs to be quick and mobile. Unless you can hit like wilder and Joshua, you have to outbox him. Joyce is someone who likes to box at range, he doesn’t lean or hold. Hes stayed very much to his ami roots in that sense. I don’t know what benefit there is coming in heavy against Joyce. Based on that I think I’d have to favour Joyce then
Parker is the same, he likes to box at range, he doesn't come after you, he likes to trade at long to mid range. I don't see that working out well against Joyce, unless he goes to the body on a constat basis. Parker is good, but he's a passive fighter in the sense that he allows his opponent to dictate what kind of fight it is.

Parker will likely be the hardest puncher Joyce will have ever faced. Most will likely say Dubois, but who's he ever beaten? Parker's more proven at a higher level. It's a very hard fight to predict.

This might be the worst matchup in the division for Parker

This might be the worst matchup in the division for Parker

Tbf he’s potentially a horrible match up for anyone other than usyk and fury. Even wilder and Joshua could have problems unless they crack that chin. I do think Parker can win this fight though. He just has to be in good form and win most of the early rounds. Parker’s chin is up there with Joyce’s so I do think this will go the distance

Pretty good fight. Joyce looked like a killer with his his pressure.

Joyce with the WBO Interim Championship now. 37 he is running out of time for a TS.

Looking forward to this fight. Parker is skilled for a HW and moves well, but Joyce is relentless with arguably the best chin in the division. Real clash of styles and a very important potential victory for them both.

Could be Parker outboxes Joyce for a UD, but if I was betting I'd have Joyce by late stoppage.
Called it.

Every time I have seen Joyce (including in the flesh) he just looks unstoppable. Yes he lacks finesse, but he has shown time and again that he can put people away. I genuinely think he can be a world champ the hard way. Would love to see him in the ring with Fury.

Called it.

Every time I have seen Joyce (including in the flesh) he just looks unstoppable. Yes he lacks finesse, but he has shown time and again that he can put people away. I genuinely think he can be a world champ the hard way. Would love to see him in the ring with Fury.

he beats fury, no way is fury knocking him out. He will just keep walking Fury down until he gets tired and put away. Joyce is the MOST avoided heavyweight fighter.

Lol. Fury would dance circles around Joyce

Lol. Fury would dance circles around Joyce
And yet..... if he's on the British Allstar tour and he isn't interested in Usyk... why the fuck not.

Joyce looked slightly quicker tonight vs his last outing, up to slow from glacial. It would be a good cash out fight for Joe at any rate.

And yet..... if he's on the British Allstar tour and he isn't interested in Usyk... why the fuck not.

Joyce looked slightly quicker tonight vs his last outing, up to slow from glacial. It would be a good cash out fight for Joe at any rate.
Oh Id love to see it. Walking Parker down and walking Fury down just are not the same.

joyce has really outdone every expectation i had for him. i thought he’d lose to dubois & parker and he stopped them both. stopping parker is insanely impressive. even now though, i still just cant help but feel like joyce is due to get his block knocked off. he seems so hittable but no one can really hurt him very much.

regardless, he needs to be in there with someone elite now. parker is just under that and theres nowhere else to go at his age. now is the time. insanely impressive KO though. one shot and he KO’d an iron chinned HW.

Back