News Joe Joyce vs Bryant Jennings on July 13 w/ Dubois-Gorman

I thought it was a bad fight when I heard it first. But now I like the match up, Jennings was stopped by Rivas in the last round in an anticlimatic fight. And now he'll fight Whyte. If Joyce can stop Jennings earlier it will tell us he is ready for that kind of level.

This will be a great event to attend live.

Jennings looked a force vs Wlad but its been downhill since then. Hoping he regains some form and gives Joyce hell.

I think that Jennings lacks the power to really hurt Joyce and while he has good fundamentals he seems to get caught too often.
Joyce also has a great workrate, I guess he'll wear him down and get a stoppage in the mid rounds.
Dubois vs. Gorman is a close call, maybe it is still a bit too soon for Dubois, but it's not like Gorman looked like a really sick guy vs. Kingpin. I predict Dubois to win on points after a competitive fight, but many people will claim that Gorman got robbed.

I think that Jennings lacks the power to really hurt Joyce and while he has good fundamentals he seems to get caught too often.
Joyce also has a great workrate, I guess he'll wear him down and get a stoppage in the mid rounds.
Dubois vs. Gorman is a close call, maybe it is still a bit too soon for Dubois, but it's not like Gorman looked like a really sick guy vs. Kingpin. I predict Dubois to win on points after a competitive fight, but many people will claim that Gorman got robbed.

I may be one of those people!

I really like this fight but really struggle pick a winner. Gorman is a lovely boxer but his lack of athleticism is gonna he his downfall in this division, where he’s also gonna be relatively small. He should get in shape and fight at CW

I think Dubois will be the better HW when they’ve grown up. I’d probably just favour Gorman right now.

Excellent announcement and already two decent matchups on the card.

I got Joyce by late stoppage. I think Bryant wilts a bit under pressure, that's how it looked to me against Wlad and Ortiz and Joyce has pressure. Jennings will be able to evade only for so long.

Dubois wins on points. He's not going to have another firefight like last time.

I'm going to look into going too.

I pick Joyce to stop Jennings mid rounds. I think he is too much for Bryant as this stage of his career. Jennings hasn't looked good for a while. This is a good scalp to have for Joyce.

You see the Joyce-Jennings fight the same way as I do. Good pick. ;)
It's interesting that you see the Dubois-Gorman bout being a close distance affair though. Most are picking Dubois to win their fight inside the distance. But, I'm with you, I think Dubois is overrated based on his having KO'd Cojanu early as opposed to Gorman who needed all twelve rounds to beat him on points. Cojanu's odd like that though. He took Joseph Parker the distance & then got blown away early by Ortiz. So, I don't judge too much on those Cojanu bouts. I think Gorman is better skilled than Dubois & he could give him a lot of trouble down the stretch.

Jennings doesnt have the chin or power to play at HW. He gets knocked out around halfway through.

It's a good progression for Joyce in terms of opponent. I think Jennings can get some good work done in the first half of the fight, but he hasn't looked particularly sharp over the last couple of years and has waned in fights. It should tell us a fair bit about Joyce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back