Joe Duffy vs Eddie Alvarez

camisado

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Am I the only person that thinks he could beat EA? I think there are 8-10 lightweights who could beat him pretty easily.

Eddie could lose in that shark tank to just about anyone in the top five. The division is the toughest in MMA in my opinion and Alvarez is known to WAR too much and fight foolishly in the past, so I could see it.

That said, Eddie has apparently begun to plan more, fight intelligently with gameplans and be more defensive minded after his Cerrone loss.

None of this is a knock on Eddie. He's a warrior and I love the fact that he finally got a UFC title. He's been entertaining us for a decade or so with reckless abandon.

And no, I don't see Duffy beating him.

duffy has weak wrestling, so he would get dominated by eddie

Am I the only person that thinks he could beat EA? I think there are 8-10 lightweights who could beat him pretty easily.

When was the last time someone beat Alvarez pretty easily?!

Namely, and with the explanation as to how.
I would say Khabib, Cucuy, McG, Barboza, Porier, Nate Cerrone and RDA. I'd pick all those guys over him. I do respect his game and enjoy his fights though.

I would say Khabib, Cucuy, McG, Barboza, Porier, Nate Cerrone and RDA. I'd pick all those guys over him. I do respect his game and enjoy his fights though.

I think Eddie could beat any of those guys on any given night and a few of them could give him problems.

NwfZFMpEEC-8.png

I believe Duffy is a future champion for sure. The way he just outclassed dustin on the feat was amazing. Shows what a semi-decent Pro boxer can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was an awesome fight! I'm actually going to the Porier vs Johnson card in south Texas it's gonna be awesome.

It was. IIRC Duffy was lighting him up on the feet but couldnt keep distance and Porier rained down some vicious GNP once it hit the floor.

Current UFC LW dev is the most stacked dev in MMA history. Even Shelftime himself cracked and dropped down in weight!

I believe Duffy is a future champion for sure. The way he just outclassed duffy on the feat was amazing. Shows what a semi-decent Pro boxer can do.
His hand speed is scarier than anything else in that division. Maybe aside from Khabib's grappling.

McG isn't a LW, Eddie just beat RDA to get the belt.

I would pick Duffy in that fight, he has the better boxing.

Joe Duffy is a solid prospect and I enjoy his fights but I think he'd likely have a tough time with Alvarez in my opinion. He has defensive issues standing but even more problematic, his takedown defense is a big weakpoint. I can see him catching Alvarez in a flurry using his superior boxing, but I'd favor Alvarez in this one. It would be a great fight regardless, though.

Back