Joe Daddy Stevenson is officially Redeemed

.but Wow...has this guy matured into a great role model

I think he was a popular enough fighter or he wasn't a dick outside the cage at least.

I remember reading his bio' and he had kids and got married at a young age. Doing MMA seems hard enough without having that on your plate, never mind the other way round.

He always seemed to fight frequently enough, which would mean long periods away from his family and add that up with getting paid not a whole lot, you could probably see why he or any fighter would take to booze.

I'd say the 'redemption' part would be more fitting for Jesse Taylor after he fucked up majorly.

joe fell had back in the day losing 6 in a row and then hanging the gloves up for a few years. he got lit up in his first fight back, but has strung together two wins after that.

joe is a 155er. he did well against justin edwards, but i knew he would get steam rolled by hassan. that guy is a huge WW. i'd like to see him back at 155. give him a competitive fighter, but someone down the ranking list in the UFC. if he gets a "W' then let him move up slowly.

i don't think he has much left in the tank, but maybe he has a handful of entertaining fights left in him. he's a beast on the ground at 155.

I might come off as an asshole, but I found it a bit over the top. Especially the praying thing was annoying.

Watchu talkin about? He previously won TUF at welterweight and then in the UFC he fought at LW lol

You forget a few things.

1. WW on that season were: Melvin (LW), Marcus Davis (LW), Gurgel (fought at different classes from LW to MW but really an LW), Josh Burkman (fought from LW to MW) and a few WW that were not that good.
2. It was the time when skill disparity was bigger. FFS. Kenny FLorian fought in season 1 as a MIDDLEWEIGHT and got to the final. You know, they guy who ended his carreer as a 145lb fighter.

Obligatory:

Joe-Stevenson-vs-B.J.-Penn1.jpg

No it's really about fighting and he isn't good anymore.

Truly seems like a great guy, hell I wasn't even overly bothered with his Christian bit. Just seems like a genuinely caring individual. Class act.

Once Joe got sober I saw a instant change in him. He is honestly one of the best guys I have ever met personally in the MMA world and does a absolute ton for people that will never see the light of day.

He has in the past, and could in the future with the UFC...but for this TUF its a challenge because hes past his prime fighting up 2 weight classes than where he competes
If you look at your av, like really closely, after a few minutes you can see a boat.

he was going on about being sober and was obviously liquored up at the dinner

Yes, he may have lost his fights, including a quick knockout...but Wow...has this guy matured into a great role model

His redemption story wasnt necessarily about winning fights, but winning at life

So inspired by this guy's recovery outside of the sport and how he shares his faith in a peaceful way

I really found it heart warming when he offered to pray with Haydar after he had just been Koed with him.

Despite the (2) guys being different religions, it was nice to see them come together and pray and it looked like even TJ & Cody...Bucholz & Duane but their beef aside for that peaceful moment...just to give thanks to God/higher power for all of their blessings

That my friends, is what religion should be about...respecting differences, open kindness and sharing in a common good...instead of forcing your ideas/beliefs on others
Good job on creating a positive thread on Sherdog.

I still remember him hopping on that guy on TUF and doing all that work rotating around him and then the other team forfeit it

he was going on about being sober and was obviously liquored up at the dinner
Go watch the clip again, he has a soda in front of him and he didnt look like he was drinking to me. I think the beard doesnt help, makes him look homeless/crazy so his recovery bit took a hit from his image.

Go watch the clip again, he has a soda in front of him and he didnt look like he was drinking to me. I think the beard doesnt help, makes him look homeless/crazy so his recovery bit took a hit from his image.
haha it most certainly does. my bad

Joe is a very nice in person he was too small for ww. he is a lot smaller in person joe and sean sherk are the smallest ww I have met those guys have balls fighting some monsters at 170 lbs..

Back