Joe Calzaghe talks boxing, demonstrates techniques

The only thing likely to be controversial about this fight are the dodgy Vegas judges.

Stop with this bullshit. Hopkins can knock Joe's brains out on canvas and you'll be whining that it was an early stoppage.

Stop with this bullshit. Hopkins can knock Joe's brains out on canvas and you'll be whining that it was an early stoppage.

WTF?
Quality post there, or should I say PHAIL?

I think we are gonna see the best Calzaghe in years against Hopkins. Calzaghe has made it clear he is not fond of Hopkin's lame and borderline racist trash talk, and I feel he is gonna look to make a strong statement and really push the issue against him. He might try to go for a big stoppage win, as I am hoping for.
Either way Calzaghe is gonna beat Hopkins on Saturday night. Only a fool would overlook Joe's capabilities and underestimate him. Or maybe a Hopkins nuthugger??

Not at all.

In fact I'd rather that than a controversial decision.

i actualy have been a fan of both fighters for a long time..i do favor calzaghe a bit more just because he is the more exciting fighter..however you cant count hopkins out..very crafty guy..i think he'll look to hold and frustrate calzaghe and try to time him out of clinches..but if joe can keep it on the outside he can definetly get the decision

I think that Hopkins will create a boring 12 round bout that he'll lose by punching once and holding on for dear life, then bust a nut like he just won the superbowl at the end of the 12th round smiling raising his arms and pounding his chest, then look totally shocked and apalled when the decision is announced, saying that he was robbed and he's done with boxing because judges don't know how to judge fights anymore and can't see clean effective punches when they happen....but what do i know.

I think that Hopkins will create a boring 12 round bout that he'll lose by punching once and holding on for dear life, then bust a nut like he just won the superbowl at the end of the 12th round, then be totally disenchanted at the decision, saying that he was robbed and he's done with boxing because judges don't know how to judge fights anymore and can't see clean effective punches when they happen....but what do i know.

This is a likely scenario.

Hopkins is going to do so much fouling in this fight, every trick in the book, that it could just wind up a disqualification foul-fest because Calzaghe will retaliate in kind.

WTF?
Quality post there, or should I say PHAIL?

I think we are gonna see the best Calzaghe in years against Hopkins. Calzaghe has made it clear he is not fond of Hopkin's lame and borderline racist trash talk, and I feel he is gonna look to make a strong statement and really push the issue against him. He might try to go for a big stoppage win, as I am hoping for.
Either way Calzaghe is gonna beat Hopkins on Saturday night. Only a fool would overlook Joe's capabilities and underestimate him. Or maybe a Hopkins nuthugger??

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt it like last year that Calzaghe was saying how much he respected Hopkins and all that about him being a legend and all?

Oooo, I didn't know Joe called out Pavlik, he said one more fight too, given that he beats Bernard.. I can't wait!

I've been looking forward to this fight so much that I think I'm going to rub one off to the staredown.

I think that Hopkins will create a boring 12 round bout that he'll lose by punching once and holding on for dear life, then bust a nut like he just won the superbowl at the end of the 12th round smiling raising his arms and pounding his chest, then look totally shocked and apalled when the decision is announced, saying that he was robbed and he's done with boxing because judges don't know how to judge fights anymore and can't see clean effective punches when they happen....but what do i know.

Anyone?

nice prediction went exactly like you called it but it usually looks better if you let someone else point that out

yeah, nobody did though so I figured pointing it out myself was better than nothing.

Spot on buddy. Hopkins post-fight interview was hillarious...."americans know i've won....." sure hopkins..sure. Even the interviewer looked like he was thinking "you're so full of shit". Glad to see he was graceful in defeat though. :D

What was funny was he brought up how his face was unmarked and Calzaghe's wasn't. Yet seemed to me they both looked the same after 12 rounds as they did at the end of the first, so his line of argument (which we all know has wholes in it like a cheese grater) would have only proved he won round one. :D

Everybody's seen plenty of times a fighter look totally unmarked after having been brutally knocked out.

Back