Joe Calzaghe talks boxing, demonstrates techniques

Nice. Especially seeing Hopkins watch from outside the ring. I wonder what he thought...he was pretty quiet

lol calzaghe..

"sometimes i like coming over the top with a left.. Sometimes i'll knock the fool out with an uppercut."

LOL.

i like the interview at the end. he basically called hopkins a trash talking punk who runs around the ring.

Good find, but I didnt learn much. I think Cals game is simply overwhelming. It's not highly technical and thats the reason Bhop is going to beat him.

i dont agree. something thats taken a long time to hone and craft, and which has worked on every single opponent thus far, i would consider that to be technical.

Im not saying it's not at all technical... His overwhelming style and speed advantage are what wins him fights though. He eats a lot of leather but makes sure to slap his opponent 3-4 times everytime he gets touched. That in your face style is like soul food for Bhop. He's going that shit up. There are going to be 100 counter opportunities per round for Hop and he's going to take advantage.

Im not saying it's not at all technical... His overwhelming style and speed advantage are what wins him fights though. He eats a lot of leather but makes sure to slap his opponent 3-4 times everytime he gets touched. That in your face style is like soul food for Bhop. He's going that shit up. There are going to be 100 counter opportunities per round for Hop and he's going to take advantage.

Unfortunately for Hopkins he isn't capable of throwing 100 punches per round.

That's why Calzaghe will beat him.

Unfortunately for Hopkins he isn't capable of throwing 100 punches per round.

That's why Calzaghe will beat him.

Hopkins will land shots that count while Calzaghe is flailing away.

I actually can't decide on this. I think Calzaghe will win if it goes the distance.

I actually can't decide on this. I think Calzaghe will win if it goes the distance.

Calzaghe has never been knocked out and Hopkins doesn't exactly have huge knock out power.

He's undoubtedly quicker than Hopkins and his work rate puts the old man's to shame.

I don't see how B-Hop can win this fight.

Calzaghe has never been knocked out and Hopkins doesn't exactly have huge knock out power.

He's undoubtedly quicker than Hopkins and his work rate puts the old man's to shame.

I don't see how B-Hop can win this fight.

I didn't say Calzaghe would get KOed. I just see Hopkins landing the better punches. Less of them, yes. but better.

i agree with all of that.

i cant really decide either

I didn't say Calzaghe would get KOed. I just see Hopkins landing the better punches. Less of them, yes. but better.

1000 punches>a few good punches

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas judges see it differently though.

nice, as a recently converted south paw myself, I'm looking to model myself as a blend of Calzhage, Steve Molitor and Anderson Silva, so indeed will give this a look.

i smell a controversial ending coming...

a classic case of quality vs. quantity, the few better punches vs the volumes of punches.

i'm pullin for Hopkins. it would be sweet if he does Joe like he did Tarver. unlikely but it would be on my hard drive for all time.

i smell a controversial ending coming...

a classic case of quality vs. quantity, the few better punches vs the volumes of punches.

i'm pullin for Hopkins. it would be sweet if he does Joe like he did Tarver. unlikely but it would be on my hard drive for all time.

Hopkins may land a few clean shots out of the 14 or so he throws every round but Calzaghe will inevitably land more out of the 100 or so he throws per round.

The only thing likely to be controversial about this fight are the dodgy Vegas judges.

I think Hop stops him. The reason Hop throws so few punches is because he generally matches himself up against other counter punchers. This is a different beast. He going to have all the opportunities he can handle and Joe will either have to change his gameplan and throw less punches or taste his first ko loss.

I think Hop stops him. The reason Hop throws so few punches is because he generally matches himself up against other counter punchers. This is a different beast. He going to have all the opportunities he can handle and Joe will either have to change his gameplan and throw less punches or taste his first ko loss.

The reason he throws so few punches is because he is 43 years old and counting.

You'll see. I'll eat crow if Im wrong, but anytime anybody has come at Bhop as open as Cal comes at his opponents, he has upped his punch out put to capitolize.

Back