Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

I had hoped to be the last person on earth that never had covid, but I've failed. Pray for me, brothers.

A couple friends of mine are trying to convince me to do a 5k in January. My knees ache at the thought of running.
I ran a 5k team relay this spring with people from work, the difference between great runners and people doing it for fun was enormous, I was quite impressed. I managed 27 minutes on what I was told was a pretty "slow" track, hated every second of it.

I ran a 5k team relay this spring with people from work, the difference between great runners and people doing it for fun was enormous, I was quite impressed. I managed 27 minutes on what I was told was a pretty "slow" track, hated every second of it.
“Doing it for fun”

Bunch of sadists.

A colleague of mine with whom I work very closely did it "for fun" and did the 5k in 44 minutes. That's real sadism, torturing herself and the other members of the team...
I'll join again next year, aiming at <25min.

I’m doing this. It won’t be fun. I’m aiming for sub 60 minutes. I have zero expectations, I just don’t want to explode my knees.

I just ran 15k on Saturday. It's officially the second-longest run I have ever done, the longest being 19km, which I did during lockdown last year. Aiming to do a run over 10km each Saturday morning for the foreseeable. I fucking hate running sometimes.

Back