Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

Like a kickboxer showing up to a Muay Thai gym that spars with elbows.
Takes me back to my first ever MMA-training when a training partner showed me the basics of the clinch against the fence. "So, if you have me like this...that's a classic greco-clinch, great for control for you, but you need to watch out for my *boom* knee strikes from that position"
Spent a week looking like a chubby raccoon.

Reminds me of sparring Muay Thai with my friend who was an amateur boxer as a teenager. He always wanted to do "hands only" sparring. Oh so you want to box? lol no thanks.

(I would do hands only sparring but not with him because to him it was just boxing not Muay Thai without kicks)

Reminds me of sparring Muay Thai with my friend who was an amateur boxer as a teenager. He always wanted to do "hands only" sparring. Oh so you want to box? lol no thanks.

(I would do hands only sparring but not with him because to him it was just boxing not Muay Thai without kicks)

Boxing is very different to just not throwing kicks and knees. Everything switches up heaps.

As a complete side note, finally got around to getting another tattoo last night from a mate who's still in the early stages of his career as a tattoo artist. Now I got a dope T-rex skull on the back of my shoulder.

I've just had to move flats as a result of my old one flooding. Asides from that, I've been focusing on training the newer fighters. My guy had his first loss a week ago, but I have 2 girls competing in 2 weeks time now, and one more fella having his first the week after. 3 weeks after that, 2 more fighting down the country. With the move and driving the training for the fighters, I've not had time to do my own training at all lately. Hoping to be able to change that soon.

I just left my old rugby club and I'm very much looking forward to joining another one. And apparently I've had brutally low testosterone for quite a while now, TRT isn't magic, butt it does make life better.

I just left my old rugby club and I'm very much looking forward to joining another one. And apparently I've had brutally low testosterone for quite a while now, TRT isn't magic, butt it does make life better.

Share that shit with me.

I know it was life changing for my uncle's. TRT is pretty dope.

Share that shit with me.
I'm currently already partitioning the gel sachets I have left until the next doctor's appointment, but once I get the proper stuff you're invited to a good old share the needle-party.
Seriously though, I saw a short Vice News-doc on steroids a few weeks ago and a British journalist mentioned that most of the people going to those "needle exchange"-places for junkies are now steroid users. I know not everyone is on board with safer use practices when it comes to compounds and dosages, but people sharing needles in gym locker rooms? That sounds insane.

Perhaps sharing the needle means another fella is putting the needle in someone’s ass? Not actually ass to ass needle sharing.

I can’t believe I just typed that, full disclosure.
For anyone that happens on this post via google etc, randomly, it’s regarding injectable steroids.

Didn't sound like it in the interview, but the journo didn't look like she lifted anyway, so who knows.

Didn't sound like it in the interview, but the journo didn't look like she lifted anyway, so who knows.

someone should have asked the tough question.

are you needling multiple asses, or are you needling singular ass with that needle.

I also love how Pete Rubish is in the comments, because of course he is.

Heading out shortly to pick up my brand new 75 lb dumbell! Yes just one because work gives me credits to spend on "wellness" and I have enough saved up for a new pair of ice skates and one dumbbell. I'll mostly use it for rows so one is fine, might buy another next year once I build up more credits (it's $150 every 3 months)

In other news.... The Queen is dead

Although big news (especially over here, obviously) it shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that a 96 year old lady has died. Her Majesty put a good shift in though.

Back