1. Guest, The MS Paint Shoop Thread v5 is up! Red Block» | Blue Block»

Job group Interviews.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by b-hop, Aug 23, 2018.

1. b-hop Green Belt

So recently i got to a job interview for a sales consultor in a sports retail company. For my amuse, i got there and were about 20 people for the same interview., with like 7 interviewers, a fuc*ing team of those.

Then we all went to this room, to every person was given a little notebook, pen and stuff. The interviewers wanted to make "dynamic" group exercises, so the goal was to defend our ideia that was given in notebook, different from person to person, and our ideia have to prevail or atleast be one in the first five.

So Naturally i start to dominate the room,being the most energetic, always defending my ideia,talk longer, putting the others ideas down and stuff.

At the end, i didn´t get to second phase, and like 15 persons did get to the second phase.
    Literally Blew my mind away.

Don´t make anysense. What is the purpose of those group interviews?

2. Bubzeh Silver Belt

No ideia.

3. SleepyBoy Silver Belt

Most group interviews are for bullshit pyramid scheme sales shit.

They did you a favor

4. punky brewster Red Belt

I think the purpose is to filter out self important, delusional candidates with an exaggerated sense of self worth.

5. b-hop Green Belt

Its was for Puma, so i think they are legit.

6. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

They want to keep the folks that get along with others and can work as a team.

7. b-hop Green Belt

Possibly. Could also be to saving in costs and in time??? And just roll the dices?? I don´t know.

8. Ottawaguy Gold Belt

I’ve interviewed a bunch of people over the years and i can’t imagine trying to evaluate candidates in a group setting.

9. b-hop Green Belt

In retrospective, maybe i shoulded have listened and understand better the other ideas instead of just take them out. But either way i think this methods are very poor way to judge a person personality on teamwork.

Its suppose to be a real team player with complete strangers?

10. SleepyBoy Silver Belt

Entry level sales jobs have notoriously high turnover rates. They are extremely metrics driven, gotta constantly meet goals/numbers, high pressure, high stress, almost no real training or support, cutthroat competitive environments, and long hours to be successful.

Most people will quit or get fired within a few months. They need to constantly hire mew people to replace them.

The upside is if you're really good at sales, and most people despise sales, you can make a ton of money without having a fancy degree or certificate

11. Rhood Gold Belt

Group interviews are a scam.
    They only want the best of the best.
    It's equivalent to a reality show where 1 woman has to choose 1 man among 20 guys.
    I call this "The Monkey Dance Effect" where the interviewer wants you to perform like a Monkey.

I almost got involved in one, but when I saw people sitting on chairs in a circle with notebooks like that, I left.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  12. Alphaboy Silver Belt

I would guess to save time for the interviewers.

I remember right out of high school, I went to a job interview for an Old Navy (this was in Brooklyn, NY). We literally stood in a line and waited one by one until we made it to the manager who would ask us some questions. Granted I didn't get the job, there were a LOT of people on line.

Back then, I was a kid trying to get a shitty retail job. The less qualifications a job has, the more applicants they would get.

Today, I would never do one of these interview style settings, but then again, a serious job probably wouldn't do some shit like that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  13. Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

damn, you missed out on the second phase orgy

14. Fedorgasm Silver Belt

I would do it just to keep myself sharp. I'd have to figure out quickly what the interviewers are really looking for, then dominate the competition without looking like a jerk. That last part is where the TS failed.

By then end of that group interview they'd be begging me to take that job, and if they didn't, then is go back and research group interviews to see where I could've done better.

15. b-hop Green Belt

Well, i always worked as sales consultor in health clubs. I can´t speak for other specific comercial areas, but i really earned quite well, more than the manager of the club per se.

Is a really good job, like you say there is pressure to make the targets and stuff, but in the end, if you like the product that you are selling and if you are good, than you are gonna enjoy working while make a very good amount of money. Also is convenient to have a degree in marketing or/and sales, so its important to get educated in order to work in those kind of places.

This offer of Puma was for a sales business consultor dedicated as for making deals with other companys, so i was astonished when i realize would be a group interview for such a specific and demanding job.<bball1>

16. SleepyBoy Silver Belt

B2b cold calling... Sounds lovely. Lol

17. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Maybe the other 15 people knew how to spell idea