Joanna would beat Ronda

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously she would. joannas got tdd and she would kill ronda standing.
Joanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BBeats%2BUp%2BCarla%2BEsparza%2BUFC%2B185.gif

I don't know.

How hard does Joanna hit compared to Nunes tho?

She's over-rated as well, just spamming the same combo over and over. You will see her get tagged an still throw right, left (left, right) like a programmed robot. Her division is horrible.

Lulz. Let's not get carried away here. Ronda is too big and would walk through a lot of her punches. She would literally dump JJ on her head and break her in two.

Last edited:
People will act like you're an idiot for saying that.

I think I know your post history, and yes you are an idiot.

But not for saying this. Joanna is a striker with very good TDD, and people overestimate the importance of weight classes.

That said, I disagree with you. Joanna relies on reach, which she wouldn't have against Ronda, and she isn't a big 1-punch power striker like Amanda is. She's more of a swarming volume striker. I think she'll have difficulty swarming Rousey, who'll likely utilize her judo and size and strength advantage to take her down from the clinch. Armbar from there. Also, Joanna has fought a lot of rounds recently, and taken a lot of damage. It has to be adding up. I'm a big Joanna Champion fan, but I'll be picking Jessica Andrade to beat her when the time comes.

Are we talking at 135? Ronda could probably throw any attempt at stand up technique out the window and just bull rush her and take her down. From there it's obviously all Ronda.

I can't stand Rousey but, no. Nosferatu doesn't have NEAR the power (or ground game) Nunes has and even Nunes couldn't put Ronda out. I could see Ronda charging through Nosferatu's strikes and subbing her.

I love JJ, but I don't know. My heart couldn't take seeing Johanna launched.

Too small. Even Rounda could eat her shots. JoJed's power isn't even close to Nunes'.

Seriously she would. joannas got tdd and she would kill ronda standing.
Joanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BBeats%2BUp%2BCarla%2BEsparza%2BUFC%2B185.gif
The parralels between Carla and Ronda are there......big fish in a lil shallow pond, in incredibly undeveloped divisions and both had equal striking.

That is a bad example. I'm a big Jedi fan but she hit Penne with everything and could not put her away. Finally the ref just had mercy. That was not an example of power punching.

CalculatingBadEyra.gif
even better i want to see ronda get smashed longer :)

All things being equal, Joanna would beat pretty much everyone WMMA.

She's over-rated as well, just spamming the same combo over and over. You will see her get tagged an still throw right, left (left, right) like a programmed robot. Her division is horrible.

She'd beat the DNB easy, and like you say, her time is coming in a crap division.
Rousey schooled a fresh crappy division, till some real fighters came on the scene.

Back