Media Joanna wants to fight Esparza in a #1 contender bout

Lol Joanna showing early signs of cte from her last bout:

GettyImages-1211097613.jpg

WaGpAWo.gif

Joana hasn’t earned that fight. Also, Esparza has earned a TS and nothing less.

Bullshit.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk fought a highly-disputed decision against Wieli Zhang, a candidate for Fight-of-the-Year.

Wieli Zhang beat Tatiana Suarez and Jessica Andrade, both of whom beat Rose.

If Wieli Zhang beats Rose, then a rematch with Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the absolute best, most exciting fight possible in the division.

It's not even debatable.

Bullshit.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk fought a highly-disputed decision against Wieli Zhang, a candidate for Fight-of-the-Year.

If Wieli Zhang beats Rose, then a rematch with Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the absolute best, most exciting fight possible in the division.

It's absolutely not even debatable.

And if Rose wins, you still think Joanna deserves a title shot?

Joanna on the MMAhour was asked if she would fight Rodriguez as that's the fight most people wants to see, but she has her eyes set on Esparza in a #1 contender bout.

"I don't want stupid fight like Dern or Rodriguez. I want the winner of Rose/Weili. If not, i can fight Carla for the next titleshot. If she wants we can do it, but it won't be good for her."

MMAhour is live now.

LOL. She got dusted twice by Rose and then loses to Weili, who just got starched by Rose.

Doesn't have one elite win since then, Waterson/Torres are low-quality wins. She needs at least 2 or 3 top wins before she gets another shot.

Carla on the other hand has a 5 fight win streak with wins over the number 3 and 4. She is the next in line for a TS, no need for a title eliminator.

Bullshit.

It's not even debatable.
It’s very debatable. One has made it clear she should be the #1 contender by being active and winning. The other has traded wins and losses.

I mean, she doesn’t deserve it off one win after losing her last three title fights in a fairly stacked division, but she’s delusional and refuses to fight down like any other top contender in the division would do if they lost.

Bullshit.

It's not even debatable.

No she didn't

Tatiana Suarez is UNDEFEATED

I bet she does. And it’s actually a smart move for her. With her record lately she doesn’t really deserve to be in title fight shots. But she’s literally calling out the next girl in line who deserves the TS. Knowing full well she destroyed her years ago.

As a fan of Weili. I would have peferred Carla had this next shot. This could be the biggest screw job ever. No fault of Weili’s all you racist motherfuckers, btw. Just to make it fair.

Carla should have been next. And she’s fighting a massive uphill battle.

Will you shit on the Pole the same way you have on the Chinese?

I don't understand this part.

So you’re thinking to Insert yourself back into title contention by beating the highest ranked available contender whom you happen to be a terrible stylistic matchup against...?
<YeahOKJen>
Tough shit,book it.

Such reductive thinking in this thread. Either a fighter deserves a title shot on current merit alone according to their standing in their division or they don't. This whole "Well yeah but if Weili wins then it might make sense if you look at it from this angle and it would be a fun fight..."

I could understand if the title picture was a clusterfuck. But it's not. Carla is a clear and deserving #1 contender. She's active, on a big win streak, plus she holds a win over the current champ if you want to play the meta game. Let Joanna fight Marina for the next title shot afterward (or, failing that, Yan Xiaonan).

Last edited:
What 6 years ago?
Yes.

One should bear in mind that Joanna broke her hand twice while punching during fights, and, after that, has surely toned down her punching power somewhat to avoid another breakage. And, as Joanna doesn't ever go for submissions, that pretty much reduces her now to point-fighting as her path to victory.

I think it's pretty clear at this point Joanna is only in it for the money and not competition. I think she also has 2 fights left on her deal and has no intentions of signing a new one. Just cash out big.

Knowing the UFC right though, they won't let her get away with it.

Back