News Joanna vs Waterson, UFC Tampa.

Joanna's camp is over. Not a clue what her weight is. She kept us up to date for the Rose 2 and Tecia fights but not this time.

I'm a bit concerned she hits a wall again and has to resort to brute force like last time and Michelle taps her once on the chin and it's lights out. If that happens that's a career. It's retired countless boxers. She can mentally recover but never physically.

Anyway:

I'll probably end up missing the fight too which blows. Might make it if there's enough decisions.

Michelle Waterson In Training Camp For Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Unfortunately, Joanna gatekeeper wins a UD and improves to Joanna contender.

Joanna's camp is over. Not a clue what her weight is. She kept us up to date for the Rose 2 and Tecia fights but not this time.

I'm a bit concerned she hits a wall again and has to resort to brute force like last time and Michelle taps her once on the chin and it's lights out. If that happens that's a career. It's retired countless boxers. She can mentally recover but never physically.

Has Joanna ever missed weight? I know she's had difficult cuts that may have affected her performance. I know Michelle has never missed weight, but she did have one bad cut at 105 that may have cost her the Atomweight belt. At 115, Michelle has zero issues cutting weight... she just looks really cut and muscular. The extra muscle hurts her cardio though.

The fight within the fight here is seeing how the cardio of these two fighters look as the fight goes on. What will hurt more, Joanna's huge weight cut or Michelle's extra muscle?

After all the crazy upsets we've seen, I'm not sure how anyone can confidently predict a cakewalk for Joanna. Consider her weight cuts and how that may be a significant factor. Sure, Joanna will be favored. Rightfully so. But I haven't seen Joanna in easy fights for a while. Haven't seen her amazing finishes like in the earlier part of her UFC days.

Michelle gets too little respect. Look at all the different ways she has finished fights. Look at her improvements in the last two years. Even in her losses (like the one to Rose) she's a very entertaining fighter. She's also one of the coolest people in mma. She treats it with respect and that includes treating her trainers, her opponents and herself with respect. If she can get Joanna down and keep her there for any length of time she can pull off a finish via arm bar, rnc or what have you. Even standing, perhaps a karate leg kick haya!

I'm going with Michelle.

Has Joanna ever missed weight? I know she's had difficult cuts that may have affected her performance. I know Michelle has never missed weight, but she did have one bad cut at 105 that may have cost her the Atomweight belt. At 115, Michelle has zero issues cutting weight... she just looks really cut and muscular. The extra muscle hurts her cardio though.

The fight within the fight here is seeing how the cardio of these two fighters look as the fight goes on. What will hurt more, Joanna's huge weight cut or Michelle's extra muscle?

In a previous post, you talked about how hard the cut always was for Waterson to make 105. Funny how your perception of reality changes to suit your bullshit of the moment.

Oh damn, Joanna is single and ready to mingle.

BRB, gotta distract her from the fight with my Sherdog-God level dong.

Last edited:
This is one of those styles make fights in significant favor of JJ. I haven't seen odds but I see her at least of the 3-1 favorite neighborhood.

I believe Jedrzejczyk should definitely be favored, but I will not be shocked if Waterson takes it. Honestly, I think Waterson’s best bet is to keep the fight standing. It may seem counterintuitive against a striker of Jedrzejczyk’s caliber, but no one at strawweight has been able to take her down and keep her there, and much better wrestlers have tried. At 115, Jedrzejczyk seems chinny. Finding her chin isn’t necessarily easy, but it’s probably easier than keeping her grounded long enough to matter.
Most likely, however, Jedrzejczyk cruises to a clear decision or late stoppage.

If she can get Joanna down and keep her there for any length of time she can pull off a finish via arm bar, rnc or what have you.

I'm going with Michelle.

An Atomweight Karate fighter is going to keep Joanna on the ground but a jacked former BJJ champ, an All American wrestler, and Jessica Andrade failed to?

It's not about making weight. Joanna should have listened to Mike Brown for the first Rose fight and went to the hospital instead of meekly hiding her bad weight cut. When you normally cut 10lb to make 115lb with 3 x 15-20min epson salt bath sessions which turn into 3 x 45min scalding epson salt bath session to lose 1lb then that's a wrap. Right then and there they should have arranged to move her permanently to 125lb.

But the UFC has zero ethics, has virtually zero oversight, and don't give a fuck. Boxing does this move up in weight all the time. But if you hold the belt or Dana wants to control your career, which he does with many fighters, then you do as you are told.

They moved Barber up to 125lb when she was falling apart cause she had potential. When Joanna asked for the same after the 2nd Rose loss Dana said no. Why did Dana finally relent and give her the time off she asked for only to turn around and offer her not 1 not 2 but at least 4 different fights before offering her Michelle. Tatiana x 1 and Weili x 3. And that's just what we know of. This was during her supposed time off that Dana gave her. Other girls have had longer times off between fights and a chance to recover. Especially after a loss. It matters.

This isn't about professionalism from the fighter which is what you are alluding to. That's an incredibly narrow minded, naive, casual and uncaring response. She took on everybody even on short notice for years. It was one of those company girl short notice fights that cost her (cutting 20lb instead of 10lb for Penne) to save the Berlin card. She hasn't been the same since.

To answer your question no. She hasn't missed weight. She thought she almost died though.

EDIT: She had a Polish HBO film crew with her when she fell vs Rose but she kicked them and everyone else out during her cut. We might see more from that night once their documentary on her is released.

Nadia Kassem... (or sth like that), Jesus, why put those disgusting glasses?

699fab296d43f6b08f3e38dba013956c.jpg

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Michelle Waterson Prefight Thoughts
•Oct 2, 2019
WMMAddict

Weili gets a title fight faster then Till and it's fine cause she has the skills, is 30 so now or never, is good for the UFC/sport, and nobody wanted to face her, lets ignore the fact that the UFC invested exactly 0$ promoting her to give her value for opponents unlike with Till. Joanna however should have to fight 3 more times before her next title fight despite facing nobody but the best. Oh and do it for maybe $10k more than some random female fighters who never and will never even sniff a belt.

You can sell a pile of bullshit but don't try and convince anybody it's caviar.

Not a chance Waterson tries to stand and bang for long. JJ will pick her apart at range quite easily.

Weili gets a title fight faster then Till and it's fine cause she has the skills, is 30 so now or never, is good for the UFC/sport, and nobody wanted to face her, lets ignore the fact that the UFC invested exactly 0$ promoting her to give her value for opponents unlike with Till. Joanna however should have to fight 3 more times before her next title fight despite facing nobody but the best. Oh and do it for maybe $10k more than some random female fighters who never and will never even sniff a belt.

You can sell a pile of bullshit but don't try and convince anybody it's caviar.

Anyway:

I'll probably end up missing the fight too which blows. Might make it if there's enough decisions.

Anyway:

hugh-grant-news-world-hacking-inquiry-cs_dlyfht

Back