Media Joanna Only Interested In Fighting Rose Or Weili

Weili would be fun so long as it doesn't lead to her having another title shot immediately after.

Weili vs Joanna 2 is the fight to make. Joanna is pushing 34 and hasn't got much time left anyway. Make the fight. I thought Joanna won the first fight

??? They've both lost to Rose who is now the champion. The fight makes perfect sense.
Let's start over:
Joanna.. lost.. to.. both. Rose twice, even.
Zhang.. beat.. Joanna.
Joanna.. did.. nothing.. since.
Why does Zhang need to beat her again?

Makes no sense in that aspect, really

This is just another division getting sucked into the trap of having the same three or four people going back and forth for the belt for years at a time.
Fuck that, lets see Yan Xiaonan get her shot after she deals with Esparza
ERbJg3DUEAAq486.jpg

UFC should mix things up IMO.

I'd rather have fresh match ups but they'll probably do some sort of rematch. They love those.
I agree. They'll do a rematch with Zhang, and then have the winner fight for the belt. Crazy scenario would be if Esparza beats Yan, then beats Rose again for the belt, then defends it against Joana to avenge her loss.

Let's start over:
Zhang.. beat.. Joanna.

That's because you're not thinking about it hard enough. It was a debatable decision and one of the best fights of all time, it's the perfect fight for no. 1 contender. The reasoning is obvious

That's because you're not thinking about it hard enough. It was a debatable decision and one of the best fights of all time, it's the perfect fight for no. 1 contender. The reasoning is obvious
Most decisions (and some finishes) are debatable to some degree. Doesn't mean you rebook them back to back (which is what this rematch would be for Joanna). So it was debatable? Ok? It wasn't controversial. Zhang won. That puts her ahead. Joanna lost. That puts her behind. If you don't see that matchup as purely advantegous or rewarding to the woman 2-4 in her last 6 and disadvantageous to the woman who JUST beat her, then I'm not the one not thinking hard enough.

First fight was fantastic. Doesn't guarantee the second fight will be. Just rewatch the first one, it still holds up, trust me

Since 2017 there have been 7 Strawweight title fights, all involving the same four women.
Joanna - Andrade
Joanna - Rose
Rose - Joanna
Rose - Andrade
Andrade - Jhang
Jhang - Joanna
Jhang - Rose
And this isn't even mentioning Rose - Andrade 2 as a number one contenders fight in the same time frame. Each of these four women have fought all of the other three, some of them multiple times, and now people are talking about a another rematch in that same group to see who gets yet another rematch for the title.
WE HAVE SEEN ALL OF THESE FIGHTS ALREADY

Most decisions (and some finishes) are debatable to some degree. Doesn't mean you rebook them back to back (which is what this rematch would be for Joanna). So it was debatable? Ok? It wasn't controversial. Zhang won. That puts her ahead. Joanna lost. That puts her behind. If you don't see that matchup as purely advantegous or rewarding to the woman 2-4 in her last 6 and disadvantageous to the woman who JUST beat her, then I'm not the one not thinking hard enough.

First fight was fantastic. Doesn't guarantee the second fight will be. Just rewatch the first one, it still holds up, trust me
Your logic makes no sense to me.

Let's start over:
Zhang.. beat.. Joanna.

Weili won a split decision and many people thought Joanna won. That's why this fight makes sense. Weili, Rose and Joanna are also so far ahead of any other strawweights that those are the only exciting fights.

Weili won a split decision and many people thought Joanna won. That's why this fight makes sense. Weili, Rose and Joanna are also so far ahead of any other strawweights that those are the only exciting fights.
Eh they're really not as far ahead as some of those girls as you might think

I can see the JJ vs Weili rematch as a top pick.

Good scrap to re-establish upper pecking order.

Joanna will fight anyone if money is right. No chances for title fight right now, she can fight few other fighters, not only Weili (they will run rematch anyway). Should be ok with her performance, even when she is almost 33, long break after last fight will do miracles.

I thought she’s an IG influencer now.

Joanna just needs to calm down and fight who the UFC tells her to fight.

Her head has gotten a little too big...

Back