Joanna on Zhang beating Andrade, why she turned down the fight with Zhang and fighting Zhang.

How is somebody that defended the belt 5x a gatekeeper? Joanna's only losses so far have also been in title fights.

Its almost as ridiculous as Joanna saying she was still the champ after Rose made her tap to strikes.

Well, now she doesn't need you Joanna, so you can continue to ignore her and be on your way as you were before.

Probably much less than you think (if we're also allowing for weight class). Some girl wrestlers have winning records vs boys in high school. A girl even All-Americaned in Greco-Roman (a 'male only' sport) a year or two ago.
Ask the U.S W National soccer team how they like matching up with HS males...<{Ray1}>

Absolutely, and we all love him for his anyone, anytime, anywhere approach to fighting.
But it's also why he's only had one title shot in his entire 34 fight UFC career.
Nope...thats not it...

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches.gif

joanna-jedrzejczyk-ufc223post-750.jpg

tenor.gif

50c.jpg
When Womens strawweight fighters go to sleep they check under their bed to make sure Zhang isnt there....

YUP....Everyone knows now...Nobody will be begging for the shot...Easier money laying low....
I think I just had an epipyhany....This is the reason for the constant drama on the rankings....You have to build up a lamb for a slaughter...Get people to believe...F!!!! I get it now...

All of a sudden everyone loves her because she KO'd an Andrade who didn't seem to really have a game plan
Has Andrade ever had other than just one game plan as a strawweight? Move straight toward an opponent swinging powerful hooks; if the opponent can be grabbed, pick her up and slam her down.

All of these foreign fighters come to the U.S for the best training etc...Then they go soft for some reason....America isnt a lifestyle...You have to be here to understand it is born with us just like DNA...

Some being the key. As the former champion, one would've been enough under usual circumstances. But since she ducked Zhang she shouldn't be given special preference.

Setting aside what fights she took or didn't, I don't think one win should propel her into contention if either the two fighters who held that belt after her scores a win as well.

Setting aside what fights she took or didn't, I don't think one win should propel her into contention if either the two fighters who held that belt after her scores a win as well.
Joanna doesnt want a title shot....None of them do...

Does she ever speak without delusion escaping her mouth ?

I’m bet she tells people they’re real, just hit a weird growth spurt that week

Joanna doesnt want a title shot....None of them do...

"Of course, they offered me Weili Zhang, but my goal was to fight for the belt. I took my spot, now I’m fighting Waterson and then I will go for the belt. Slowly, step-by-step, I will reach my goals and my dreams,” she said.

So you think she's being disingenuous?

When Joanna was finished she was a 6 time UFC champ vs a variety of opponents. Rose had 1 defense vs the same girl and IMO would have been finished herself had Joanna's coach not prevented her from abusing Rose in the clinch which he did. Which we saw in the fight. Rose had nothing for her. Jessica didn't even have a defense and both got finished.

Only other loss is vs the champ in a higher weight class who came down from a larger weight class where they hadn't had to cut weight and it wasn't on a 9 month break like Nunes vs Cyborg but a month and a half break vs a stylistically difficult opponent someone has to re-tool the way Holly did vs Ronda. Which btw Joanna asked Dana to do. He said no.

Context matters.

Surprisingly it took her number one white knight until page 3 (at 20 posts/page) to get here and start capeing for her.

No escaping it now, she got offered the fight, and turned it down. Smart, as Waterson is an easier fight, but it can’t be denied she turned it down.
You only run your mouth when you run out of ice cream. Shouldn't you head to the corner store and pick up another tub?

Only other loss is vs the champ in a higher weight class who came down from a larger weight class where they hadn't had to cut weight and it wasn't on a 9 month break like Nunes vs Cyborg but a month and a half break vs a stylistically difficult opponent someone has to re-tool the way Holly did vs Ronda. Which btw Joanna asked Dana to do. He said no.

Context matters.

Who was the "stylistically difficult opponent someone has to re-tool the way Holly did vs Ronda"? Why did JJ ask Dana to re-tool that opponent and why did he decline?

Back