Joanna on Zhang beating Andrade, why she turned down the fight with Zhang and fighting Zhang.

What percentage of male highschool wrestlers with zero MMA training could beat up the baddest 115lb woman on the planet? Less than or greater than 50%?
Zero percent. She is a world class striker with very good TDD. That is something a boy in high school should not mess with.

Did you not read what I said? Zhang wasn't ranked very high before becoming champion. .

I would argue that Zhang was under-ranked the whole time.

When she entered the UFC and got her first win she should have gone straight into the rankings based on her record.

The people doing the rankings do not know WMMA, hell, they had people ranked at bantamweight who had been cut two years ago. They only recently ranked Gillian Robertson after four straight wins at 125, but had Maycee Barber ranked at 125...

Weili should have slotted in somewhere inside the top 12 the minute she won her first UFC fight just based on her record.

(another one is Xiaonan Yan - she should be ranked but isnt. Just ignorance on the part of the so called media that do the rankings)

Last edited:
I love JJ. I think she probably past her prime and can’t make weight any more but I would love to see the fight any way and wish her the best.

Joanna saw how hard Zhang was hitting Andrade with those accurate torqued punches. Andrade is a beast and has an awesome chin for that class, if she goes down then you know whats up.

“These girls think they can talk when they have the strap, they talk whatever sh*t they want to talk when you are losing, Look at how many of them wanted to call me out when I lost to Rose, they were like, ‘Now we can beat Joanna because she lost’. When I was a dominant champion, they were trying to get the belt, but nobody could keep the pace with me when they faced me. They can talk whatever they want, I’m too classy and too serious for all that bullsh*t.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Wow I’m surprised she finally admitted it

I would argue that Zhang was under-ranked the whole time.

When she entered the UFC and got her first win she should have gone straight into the rankings based on her record.

The people doing the rankings do not know WMMA, hell, they had people ranked at bantamweight who had been cut two years ago. They only recently ranked Gillian Robertson after four straight wins at 125, but had Maycee Barber ranked at 125...

Weili should have slotted in somewhere inside the top 12 the minute she won her first UFC fight just based on her record.

(another one is Xiaonan Yan - she should be ranked but isnt. Just ignorance on the part of the so called media that do the rankings)
Just say the UFC. They mostly control the top 5 but lets not pretend they don't have a say on fighters being ranked below that. There's been numerous cases of them ranking fighters at like 15 to start off their spring board and social media conversations only for it to backfire with people getting pissed off about it and suddenly next week it's corrected. Like magic.

They don't totally control it but I would say at least 50%. Probably a conservative estimate in how much control they got.

What percentage of male highschool wrestlers with zero MMA training could beat up the baddest 115lb woman on the planet? Less than or greater than 50%?
She isn't the baddest strawweight though...

Joanna turned her down because Zhang was the definition of High Risk, Low Reward for her

Which is smart and understandable on Joanna's part, but at the same time it's sort of counterproductive to the sport
Ceerone takes on an opponent like that at least once a year lol.

Careful guys when you diss JJ. Her fans will gather here like moths around a flame and get really pissed at everyone not saying she's the goat. The 3 of them.
Surprisingly it took her number one white knight until page 3 (at 20 posts/page) to get here and start capeing for her.

No escaping it now, she got offered the fight, and turned it down. Smart, as Waterson is an easier fight, but it can’t be denied she turned it down.

Probably much less than you think (if we're also allowing for weight class). Some girl wrestlers have winning records vs boys in high school. A girl even All-Americaned in Greco-Roman (a 'male only' sport) a year or two ago.

Turns down Zhang 3x because she wanted to fight for the title.

Accepts Waterson fight because it gets her closer to a title fight.

Dat logic.
The one and only threat to Zhang is Bullit moving down...As it stands now look for Zhangs division to start gaining weight and moving up...They feared Andrade so you know they dont want that Zhang smoke...

Ceerone takes on an opponent like that at least once a year lol.

Absolutely, and we all love him for his anyone, anytime, anywhere approach to fighting.
But it's also why he's only had one title shot in his entire 34 fight UFC career.

This chick is so full of herself.

That beating she took from Rose was glorious.

f95.jpg

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches.gif

joanna-jedrzejczyk-ufc223post-750.jpg

tenor.gif

50c.jpg

What idiot would take that fight outside of a title fight or a top 5 fight? Weili got a faster shot at the belt than Till. Till at least got face time in the UK and got a big media push by Dana cause they needed to replace Bisping so there was value to face him for someone like Wonderboy.

2 or 3 people here knew who Weili was and talked about a potential fight before the fight with Andrade was announced. Now you people act like prophets.
I said after round one Andrade would be asking for prayer requests...Who would say that knowing nothing...? Check my record..It has to be here in the history...

This is pathetic even for this place.

This. She just prefers easy fights like Waterson now that she's 1-3 in her last 4 fights. Zhang was ranked higher than Waterson and already top 10 when JJ last ducked her, both in rankings and actuality.
I dont think Waterson is a gimme...This fight will allow Waterson to do what she does best and gives her a great shot at winning...Standing up...Neither will take this to the ground intentionally...

I personally find Joanna Gatekeeper to be extremely annoying. She tries to act like she was classy and respecting the other fighters only to contradict herself right after. She is still salty af because she lost twice to Rose.
How is somebody that defended the belt 5x a gatekeeper? Joanna's only losses so far have also been in title fights.

Zero percent. She is a world class striker with very good TDD. That is something a boy in high school should not mess with.
Surely you jest...I remember being in HS....I would waste 3 of 'em at a time for money and no arrest....

Joanna saw how hard Zhang was hitting Andrade with those accurate torqued punches. Andrade is a beast and has an awesome chin for that class, if she goes down then you know whats up.
YUP....Everyone knows now...Nobody will be begging for the shot...Easier money laying low....

Probably much less than you think (if we're also allowing for weight class). Some girl wrestlers have winning records vs boys in high school. A girl even All-Americaned in Greco-Roman (a 'male only' sport) a year or two ago.
Everyone has a plan till you get punched in the face....

Back