1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants to train with Ronda Rousey

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by OriginMMA, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

ronda fanboy?

are you mad cause he said that ronda doesnt know how to strike, or that ronda wouldnt take her down?

2. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't mind seeing Jedrzejczyk judo toss an opponent who tried to clinch and take her down.

And I REALLY don't mind seeing Rousey throwing a real kick.

3. freaky

freaky Banned Banned

She is only 1 inch shorter than Ronda as Ronda is 1 inch shorter than Cyborg. 1 inch is nothing.

4. HHJ

HHJ Fedor Supremacist

Cos height means everything apparently

5. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Nice, they should train together. It would sure help Joanna a lot, Gadelha couldn't get her down/keep her down in their first fight, with Ronda helping, I would bet that Gadelha wont be able to get her down even once.

6. George Jetson

George Jetson Orange Belt

LOL.

You know nothing dude.

Watch Joanna vs Claudia and see just how easily she can be clinched with, controlled along the cage and taken down multiple times.

And Claudia voluntarily CHOSE to stand with her for prolonged periods, something she admits she won't do again in their rematch.

Claudia is a bullrusher with no technical striking and closed distance easily with Joanna whenever she wanted to.

And although Claudia's a BJJ black belt (and world champ brown belt), she lacks polished judo throws from the clinch like Ronda has.

Claudia has no finesse at all when taking down opponents. She uses strength and brute power to drag them down, often dropping down for double legs from the clinch.

Ronda's finesse and polished judo throws are far superior to Claudia's takedowns because you can't just sprawl or use the cage to prevent them.

As for other olympic judo medalists not doing well in mma, that's because Ronda specialized in judo newaza (ground judo) and has adapted it to MMA with no Gi's far better than people like Ishii who cannot adapt their traditional judo to MMA with no Gi's.

The fact that you don't know this only shows your ignorance.

Joanna is talented but Ronda would own her and get her down without any trouble. Joanna has no 1 punch KO power, and without that, she can't prevent a clinch with Ronda.

Julia Budd is a beast of a woman and beat Gina Carano in kickboxing (and she hits very hard too) but even she couldn't prevent Ronda from clinching back in the Strikeforce days when Ronda had ZERO striking training, LOL.

Joanna can't even prevent Claudia from clinching, LMFAO, yet she's gonna stop Ronda you say? yeah sure noob.

You're so in love with Joanna that you're inventing a false reality.

I'm a fan of Joanna but I see Claudia winning their next fight and controlling Joanna from the ground and clinch.

Claudia already admitted that she made a mistake by choosing to strike with Joanna for prolonged periods (between clinch attempts) and won't make that mistake again.

Claudia is likely better than Joanna, but we won't know until they fight. It will be a great fight.

But Ronda's in a different league.

I've never seen Ronda getting split decisions or even unanimous decisions.

She gets stoppages in all fights, many times in under a minute. Joanna doesn't.

If you want to talk about 'quality' of opponents...

Carla Esparza is as one dimensional as it gets (and she's tiny for the division too).

Jessica Penne has a great ground game but lacks the judo throws to get the game to the ground (her judo is abysmally bad yet she still dragged Joanna down briefly, LMFAO).

Claudia is a non technical bullrusher who lacks polished takedowns from the clinch. She uses brute power to drag opponents down, not finesse. Yet she gave Joanna all she could handle and got her down more than once.

I just don't see Joanna facing stronger opponents than Ronda.

Zingano, McMann, Davis and Tate are stronger opponents than Esparza, Penne and Claudia.

I'd roughly equate Claudia with Zingano in terms of MMA skill level, but other than her, Joanna hasn't faced anybody like Ronda has. And she must face Claudia again.

I hate to burst your bubble but she won't repeat what she did to Penne when facing Claudia again. I think you'll quickly see that Joanna's not quite as elite as you thought in evading the strong grapplers.

Ronda > Joanna

Sorry dude, you've gone total retard with your analysis about judo and mma.

7. George Jetson

George Jetson Orange Belt

Forgot to mention...

Ronda already pays for the top boxers and kickboxers to train with her.

But Joanna can't train with a female Judoka who specializes in Newaza at Ronda's level and who has the slick transitions of Ronda on the ground.

Being a Judo black belt does not equate with Olympic level athleticism, which is why most Judo black belts can't ever come close to Olympic level qualifications.

Ronda doesn't need Joanna cuz there's no knowledge Joanna can impart which Ronda can't get from other world champ strikers.

Joanna's Judo coach doesn't have Ronda's pedigree, athleticism, transitions or ground game.

8. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

The one who keeps finishing her opponents in a seconds, sub or KO. Joanna could teach Ronda some striking, but overall Ronda has more to give, she is the greater fighter.

9. Orni

Orni Purple Belt

I'd say it's even? Rondas striking isn't close to Joannas, and Joannas groundgame / judo isn't close to Rondas, it's a win win for them, problem is for the fans we probably won't see them fight if they train together.

Then again i doubt Dana will want his cashcow to face Joanna.

At the guy above me, let's not get crazy... anyone who knows anything about striking sees that Joanna has way better striking than Ronda, not saying Rondas striking is bad but let's not get goofy here.

On the other hand Rondas judo is superb, and her groundgame is a treat to watch.

10. RunningBoar

RunningBoar Orange Belt

Ley off the crack. And remove your head from Ronda and Gadelha asses.
    Don't be scared holms (that JJ might,or not, be more all around than Ronda in few months from now.
    Those top boxers and kickboxers don't have Joanna's speed, footwork, athleticism, combos and fucking belts.
    Apparently Ronda invented and is only one who specializes in Newaza Judo. Tard.
    You have no idea what it takes to be high level at anything other than trolling.
    Ronda=NFL team playing in NFL Europe League.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  11. Kinku

Kinku Brown Belt

I just want them fuse with each other like Dragonball Z. That would make the perfect female fighter.

12. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Sneakerhead

She want's to steal the Precious....

13. Arne Rud

Arne Rud Black Belt

hmmmmm i hoped to see them vs each other :p

14. CoffeeAndBeer

CoffeeAndBeer OG from 1993

I like the way she talks, why not. It could be a Polish thing, why not. But it would be fun to see Ronda and Joannana train together, why not.

15. RTL

RTL NostraMMAus™ Platinum Member

This would make for an interesting reality show.

What happens when Jedrzejczyk pummels the Four Horsewomen, and Rousey gets upset?

16. NinjaNiK

NinjaNiK Алфа Краљица Platinum Member

Atta girl! Great find mrtombom, :)

17. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Would only watch if Ronda taught her the skills she needed (specifically grappling) and gave her insider info to counter whatever takedown attempts the other Horsewomen used. Kinda like a master training a gifted kung fu pupil who then uses the training for evil and starts destroying everything the master loves, forcing a climactic showdown where one of them has to kill the other.

I would watch the shit out of that.

18. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Imagine if you could combine Joanna's striking and Ronda's grappling.

You'd probably end up with someone that would last at least 14 seconds against TJ.

19. dr_hellno

dr_hellno Black Belt

I can only imagine the eye-rolling from Joanna when Edmond gets all insecure and feels the need to step in to show her some boxing tips.

"Do you see that guy on the wall next to Ali, Jedrze-bro?"

20. skombolis

skombolis Gold Belt

What's funnier is that this entire thread that started this pointless hypothetical was nonsense to begin with. Someone said "would you train with Ronda if you had the chance? And she answered "sure, why not?" How is that even a story or threadworthy?

I am half tempted to post a PM this troll/lunatic sent me, one of the most insane rants I have ever witnessed and then ends it by telling me to kill myself! All because I was one of a dozen people that pointed out his 4 paragraph breakdown of a 2 second sequence was delusional! lol It would serve people well to remember they are not always dealing with mentally healthy people on here!