Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants to train with Ronda Rousey

That would be really cool seeing Joanna improve her Judo and Ronda improve her Muay Thai.
I'd like to see them train together if it happens I hope they release a video of it.

On paper I would say it would benefit Ronda more. Who it actually benefits more is impossible to tell until you see who improved more afterwards.
Agreed. Though I think their styles are different enough, that I wouldn't expect anything significant from it.

Ronda very aggressively tries to get to the inside to do her work, and is a big, imposing, physical woman. Unless someone is going to really threaten her in that space, I wouldn't expect her to retreat to range, of all places. All her muscle memory screams "throw someone".

Meanwhile, JJ is completely comfortable picking people apart at all ranges and seems to have developed her TDD. Aside from a few defensive bits, I don't really see her implementing too much of Ronda's style. They strike for different purposes and just do different work.

Lol @ arguing who it would benefit more, like any of you have an idea...

No it wouldn't. It'd benefit Ronda more, if we're going to go there. Joanna is hands down the best striker in the UFC's WMMA league. She's world class in her standup skills and has great sprawling and good scrambling ability too when she does get occasionally taken down. Ronda has great takedowns, from the clinch (not from outside of the clinch), and her striking is technically very bad.

Which one to you sounds more well rounded, and as a result, able to apply their primary strength to stay at the top? Joanna.

how is joanna more well rounded all she has his stand up take down defense wont always work look when chuck faced randy

ronda can take you down at will,catch an arm bar from any position,great off her back and can finish you with strikes may it be the alexis davis bull dog headlock GNP, Sara mcmann knee to the body or the 1 punch ko of bethe

I would pay to see Joanna champion and Auntie Jemyma spar

tumblr_na4cznbhGK1r4c1k8o1_400.gif

BowedPiercingCaterpillar.gif

[YT]jicF2R9FWRo[/YT]

[YT]Xc-POqBpcuA[/YT]

[YT]hBq1ar9hsLY[/YT]

[YT]ZHgc1zLO1lw[/YT]

Of course she would. Who wouldn't want to train with the best. I bet she is going to learn all she can from Ronda and one day move up and beat her.

yah thats not gonna happen. She is too small.

i don't know why people think that it would benefit one or the other more. they are both world champions in two different areas: joanna in striking and ronda in grappling. the wealth of information that can be potentially exchanged is incredible. if this does go down, i would love to see videos of them training together.

exactly this

I'm not totally sold on Holm yet in MMA. She's an elite striker (boxer & yeah with some KB experience too) that came into MMA, but from what I've seen of her she hasn't been able to transition her striking skills as well as Joanna has into the sport.

Even at a catchweight Ronda would smash Joanna because of the size difference. Ronda is very big and Joanna is quite small. I was just entertaining the idea of them being the same size (or roughly) and in the same division at the same time. The stick-n-move strategy has worked plenty against great grapplers but whether Holm can pull that off or not remains to be seen. Great if she can, if not, maybe someone else will down the line.

i would really like to see if someone could successfully drag ronda into deep waters with great footwork. Ronda in her fight with tate went long,but i think that had more to do with the fact that what could meisha really do other than spam takedowns or try to strike at close range which is what ronda wants in either case. A disciplined striker with good footwork (like holm) with the right gameplan COULD make things interesting. Holm i dont think is ready yet but its interesting to think about.

I see both parties benefiting. Maybe Joanna gets more out of it, maybe not. But either way, Ronda probably gets more out of training with Joanna than any other female in the UFC. At least more opportunity to learn. If it's best case for both, doesn't really matter who gains more.

Well put bud.
Just wanna point out to everyone, that grappling coach of JJ is Judo 2nd Dan black belt, bjj black belt, and just jj blabk belt. And Poles are no shrimps in Judo (312 Judo fights winning streak by "Real Rickson" anyone? lol before he turned MMA and tested positive lol) and grappling overall. Just ask certain ex-UFC fighter, now European events commentator about how tough bjj purple belts were when he tried them on his visit there.
Stop assuming that JJ is all yellow on the ground.

They would compliment each other in an excellent way. Joanna is clearly a more technical and more precise striker, and Ronda truly has world class grappling and submissions.

Agreed. Though I think their styles are different enough, that I wouldn't expect anything significant from it.

Ronda very aggressively tries to get to the inside to do her work, and is a big, imposing, physical woman. Unless someone is going to really threaten her in that space, I wouldn't expect her to retreat to range, of all places. All her muscle memory screams "throw someone".

Meanwhile, JJ is completely comfortable picking people apart at all ranges and seems to have developed her TDD. Aside from a few defensive bits, I don't really see her implementing too much of Ronda's style. They strike for different purposes and just do different work.

Good post. Though with some judo training it'd be a good option for JJ to be able to hip toss someone whereas now she mostly sprawls and punches them in the clinch.

I'm sticking to it, Ronda Rowdy is the Demian Maia of WMMA. Spend too many years learning to strike the wrong way or not at all and you might never get good at it.

Ronda looks comfortable whether standing, in the clinch or on the ground. I think JJ would benefit a lot by training with Ronda.

Lol @ arguing who it would benefit more, like any of you have an idea...

Time to close the forums then, nothing worth discussing since no one has any idea and can't analyze fights or fighting styles.

Good post. Though with some judo training it'd be a good option for JJ to be able to hip toss someone whereas now she mostly sprawls and punches them in the clinch.

I'm sticking to it, Ronda Rowdy is the Demian Maia of WMMA. Spend too many years learning to strike the wrong way or not at all and you might never get good at it.

R3 keeps adding KOs to her record but she will never be a good striker.

Solid logic.

R3 keeps adding KOs to her record but she will never be a good striker.

Solid logic.

I guess you only look at records and not the actual fights. The striking between Ronda Rowdy and Bethe was atrocious. Two kids windmilling have just as good a chance to land a KO as Ronda does.

Even James Thompson lands a KO once in a while.

Back