Joanna Jedrzejczyk eyes potential trilogy fight against Rose Namajunas: ‘I want that one’

I don’t know how this small response to a question can generate this much hate. It wasn’t that egregious, she was pretty fair.

Classic Sherdog herd mentality at work, hating Joanna is cool now so everyone just piles on.

Personally thoughts: good for her. Every fighter who's worth their sweat wants to get their losses back and prove that they are the best. Every great fighter in history lives for the chance to avenge their losses. Fighters who don't care about getting it back either never got very far or they're quitters like Ronda.

She doesn’t deserve a 3 ass beating from thug rose!

I see one big problem with that....she has to beat Zang first...and I don't see that happening.

It's a terrible idea for her to overlook Zhang but JJ is known for being confident in any fight so I'm not surprised she'll say this.

Instagram Joanna is not beating Rose or Zhang. If she were serious, she would shown the same commitment as Rose by shaving off her hair and focused purely on training.

She cares more about her sponsors (per her twitter) than fighting.

It's a terrible idea for her to overlook Zhang but JJ is known for being confident in any fight so I'm not surprised she'll say this.

I don't think joanna hits nearly hard enough to keep zhang off of her...joanna has very little power these days...she was never that powerful a striker anyways.

I don't think joanna hits nearly hard enough to keep zhang off of her...joanna has very little power these days...she was never that powerful a striker anyways.

I agree. She's mostly known for her speed, footwork and clinch game but she's not really a power puncher.

The way she hit Joanna with a knee when she dropped her <{anton}>
It wasn't a knee, Namajunas kicked Joanna's leg.

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches.gif

I agree. She's mostly known for her speed, footwork and clinch game but she's not really a power puncher.

I can honestly see zhang stopping joanna....I'm going to say zhang will stop joanna in round 3 or 4...

I don't believe any of these fighters when they say they haven't put any thought into their next opponent. They spend a solid two months preparing for a fight and never once contemplate their potential next opponent? Yeah right. Especially when everyone knows the octagon interview includes the "who's next" question.
Looking past doesn't mean they aren't focused it just means maybe they aren't 100% focused and I think it speaks more to the attitude and mentality

I don't know what is controversy here? She said it's "money fight". It's kinda is, it can happen no matter of result of next fight. And tbh in scenario JJ wins, Rose wins, how third fight for title won't happen? Money-wise is also good fight for Namajunas. Instead of writing stupid shit about fighters being delusional, read interview, lol.

Ironically, she'd be better off not mentioning Rose. She could conceivably be champ again soon, while Rose has to rematch Andrade.

Hallman finished Hughes twice, almost instantly each time. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who rates Hallman as a better fighter overall though.
Joanna should move on, I say that as a fan
If both win their fights it only makes sense for jj vs rose 3 tho. So I don't have an issue with jj talking about it next, even tho I don't see her winning v Zhang, it's good for her to believe she wins.

If both win their fights it only makes sense for jj vs rose 3 tho. So I don't have an issue with jj talking about it next, even tho I don't see her winning v Zhang, it's good for her to believe she wins.
I agree, but cross that bridge when we get there Joanna lol

I don't believe any of these fighters when they say they haven't put any thought into their next opponent. They spend a solid two months preparing for a fight and never once contemplate their potential next opponent? Yeah right. Especially when everyone knows the octagon interview includes the "who's next" question.
Oh look someone is not brain dead in here. yay

Back