Joanna Champion 6.0: Who's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No retirement til she fights Grasso.
And no retirement afterward either.

and mackenzie dern. i want to see JJ knocks her out. a lot of good publicity that would do. dern said in a interview she wants to be ufc champ by the end of 2017. also pvz, bcoz hair.

Karate MILF hottie. If she fights the girls that just took out Rose, that will do like 125K PPV buys.

No retirement til she fights Grasso.
and mackenzie dern. i want to see JJ knocks her out.
58454623.jpg

204 got revealed and Joanna wasn't on it. Hopefully this means MSG is in play for her.

Let's hope. I may actually drag my creaking old ass up there for that card. Be nice to see MMA in New York finally now that that one mouth-breathing dickbag is gone.

and mackenzie dern. i want to see JJ knocks her out. a lot of good publicity that would do. dern said in a interview she wants to be ufc champ by the end of 2017. also pvz, bcoz hair.

Don't really see Dern capturing gold that quickly, to say the least.

For the sake of the Who's Next discussion and just plain ole curiosity, I looked up the MMA records of Joanna and her 3 possible title contenders for comparison ..

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: I knew that Joanna had submitted Karolina via RNC as an amateur, but I didn't know that she also had 1 other submission win as a Pro (also via RNC), the Champ is 12-0 in Pro MMA.

I also didn't realize that Joanna and Jessica Andrade shared two past opponents in common, Rosi Sexton and Jessica Penne. There was some slick talk from certain fans after Andrade finished Jessica Penne faster than Joanna did however, it's worth noting that Andrade fought Rosi Sexton to a decision win (at BW), while Joanna one punch KO'd Sexton (at FLW) .. so it goes both ways.

DHid6WA.png

cQ155jN.png

Karolina Kowalkiewicz: KK's only loss in MMA is as an amateur, she is undefeated as a Pro at 10-0. I found it interesting that JJ and KK made their professional debut's within one day of each other ( May 18, 2012 for KK, and May 19, 2012 for JJ).

What stands out to me about KK's record is that her last 5 fights were all close, and 3 of them were split decision wins. I feel like KK has improved from the Inoue and Faria fights, and I think she still has room to grow skill wise.

3SjVtb0.png

JoJo Calderwood: I think JoJo got unfairly shitted on after Maryna Moroz blitzed her to arm bar finish in 90 secs ... she is 12-1 in Pro MMA, so it's not like JoJo ever went on a skid or anything. I also think that her fight and performance against Cortney Casey was a lot better than fans were willing to give her credit for at the time .. it was a very good fight start to finish, even though Casey had JoJo in some trouble in the 1st round of the fight.

I would say that JoJo's win over Letourneau is probably her most impressive to date ... but that fight did happen at 125 catch weight, and it was, in my opinion Valerie Letourneau's worst performance .. at least that I've seen. JoJo also has the same amount of Pro fights as the Champ, and debuted as a Pro a few months before Joanna.

nVFJqOe.png

Jessica Andrade: With a 15-5 Pro MMA record she is probably one of the most active and experienced girls in the SW division. I also didn't realize that she had fought Raquel Pennington twice, winning once, and losing the rematch ...

Andrade looks like a beast at SW, and was definitely beasting against Penne, but I am curious to see what she will look like against someone that can actually hit her back. Historically, JoJo does not respond the best to opening barrages, which I am sure Andrade is going to employ from go, so I hope JoJo is actively working on her striking defense.

Lm39bxu.png

eiFqFvp.png

For the sake of the Who's Next discussion and just plain ole curiosity, I looked up the MMA records of Joanna and her 3 possible title contenders for comparison ..

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: I knew that Joanna had submitted Karolina via RNC as an amateur, but I didn't know that she also had 1 other submission win as a Pro (also via RNC), the Champ is 12-0 in Pro MMA.

I also didn't realize that Joanna and Jessica Andrade shared two past opponents in common, Rosi Sexton and Jessica Penne. There was some slick talk from certain fans after Andrade finished Jessica Penne faster than Joanna did however, it's worth noting that Andrade fought Rosi Sexton to a decision win (at BW), while Joanna one punch KO'd Sexton (at FLW) .. so it goes both ways.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz: KK's only loss in MMA is as an amateur, she is undefeated as a Pro at 10-0. I found it interesting that JJ and KK made their professional debut's within one day of each other ( May 18, 2012 for KK, and May 19, 2012 for JJ).

What stands out to me about KK's record is that her last 5 fights were all close, and 3 of them were split decision wins. I feel like KK has improved from the Inoue and Faria fights, and I think she still has room to grow skill wise.

Both JJ and KK have cardio for days, must be a slavic thing dragging trees and fighting with mules or something.
:)

KK does not strike at range as well as JJ, and will get beat up in the clinch. No comfort zone for her. Sure, she can use her exceptional movement, but JJ can definitely cut the cage against her. Should be a good fight, but really everything (other than lateral movement) KK does, JJ does better.

JoJo Calderwood
: I think JoJo got unfairly shitted on after Maryna Moroz blitzed her to arm bar finish in 90 secs ... she is 12-1 in Pro MMA, so it's not like JoJo ever went on a skid or anything. I also think that her fight and performance against Cortney Casey was a lot better than fans were willing to give her credit for at the time .. it was a very good fight start to finish, even though Casey had JoJo in some trouble in the 1st round of the fight.

I would say that JoJo's win over Letourneau is probably her most impressive to date ... but that fight did happen at 125 catch weight, and it was, in my opinion Valerie Letourneau's worst performance .. at least that I've seen. JoJo also has the same amount of Pro fights as the Champ, and debuted as a Pro a few months before Joanna.

Well, she also gets crap because of her performance on TUF, which, fortunately does not count on her record either. She is, IMO, to damn slow to win, but she seems to hit harder than JJ. But she gets hit a lot, does not fight well off the back foot, and would have little time to set up an attack because she was busy eating leather.

Reebok should, however, make her a kilt.

Jessica Andrade
: With a 15-5 Pro MMA record she is probably one of the most active and experienced girls in the SW division. I also didn't realize that she had fought Raquel Pennington twice, winning once, and losing the rematch ...

Andrade looks like a beast at SW, and was definitely beasting against Penne, but I am curious to see what she will look like against someone that can actually hit her back. Historically, JoJo does not respond the best to opening barrages, which I am sure Andrade is going to employ from go, so I hope JoJo is actively working on her striking defense.

Agree. JJ also gets hit a bit too much, and Andrade is probably the hardest puncher from a blitz perspective she would face in MMA. JJ gets away without moving her head off the center-line too much, and that is a bad idea against Andrade. And a difficult habit to instill this late in the game. IMO, she is JJ's toughest match up.

KK's clinch was pretty good but her striking, isn't she supposed to have good thai boxing? It was embarassing to watch, JJ will completely dominate KK.

Both JJ and KK have cardio for days, must be a slavic thing dragging trees and fighting with mules or something.:)

zUEbpLF.gif

KK does not strike at range as well as JJ, and will get beat up in the clinch. No comfort zone for her. Sure, she can use her exceptional movement, but JJ can definitely cut the cage against her. Should be a good fight, but really everything (other than lateral movement) KK does, JJ does better.

I agree with all of the above however, there is something about Karolina that makes me feel like she is a "anything can happen" kind of fighter. Karolina cannot beat Joanna's technique, but where I do believe Karolina can present some problems is by making it a fast paced and dirty brawl with Joanna ... literally a punch for punch, elbow for elbow kind of bloody war.

Well, she also gets crap because of her performance on TUF, which, fortunately does not count on her record either. She is, IMO, to damn slow to win, but she seems to hit harder than JJ. But she gets hit a lot, does not fight well off the back foot, and would have little time to set up an attack because she was busy eating leather.

I don't think that JoJo hits harder than JJ, as much as she may sit down on her strikes more often than Joanna does. Both have appeared to be more powerful strikers at 125 ... I think that Karolina can give Joanna a better fight than the very flat footed, and plodding JoJo, who I think is too slow to really catch JJ with anything.

Lmao at Reebok making JoJo a kilt .. I actually think this might have a chance of happening if JoJo ever fights for the belt.

Agree. JJ also gets hit a bit too much, and Andrade is probably the hardest puncher from a blitz perspective she would face in MMA. JJ gets away without moving her head off the center-line too much, and that is a bad idea against Andrade. And a difficult habit to instill this late in the game. IMO, she is JJ's toughest match up.

I don't see Andrade's blitz style attacks working on Joanna, whom I don't think would have too hard of a time catching Andrade coming in, or using her Jab and front kick/teep to keep Andrade on the outside.

I don't really agree with that Joanna gets hit too much, as almost no fighter is able to completely avoid getting hit in a fight, and judging from the damage that Joanna inflicts vs what she actually receives, she does better than her peers at avoiding taking a lot of damage in fights. imo

I am actually the least worried about Andrade who just walks forward in a straight line winging hooks ... I think that KK gives JJ the toughest fight, followed by JoJo, then Andrade.

Lmao at Reebok making JoJo a kilt .. I actually think this might have a chance of happening if JoJo ever fights for the belt.
After they make a singlet. #justiceForEsparza

When Valerie was on Ariel's show. She said Reebok met with her to address the wardrobe malfunction in her fight. She was told it takes 7-9 months for changes to go through. I don't think that kilt is gonna happen.

I agree with all of the above however, there is something about Karolina that makes me feel like she is a "anything can happen" kind of fighter. Karolina cannot beat Joanna's technique, but where I do believe Karolina can present some problems is by making it a fast paced and dirty brawl with Joanna ... literally a punch for punch, elbow for elbow kind of bloody war.

Yeah, the girl can scrap. And I mean that in the most complimentary way. One of those people that, when you fight them, it is sort of like biting down on tinfoil.

I don't think that JoJo hits harder than JJ, as much as she may sit down on her strikes more often than Joanna does. Both have appeared to be more powerful strikers at 125 ... I think that Karolina can give Joanna a better fight than the very flat footed, and plodding JoJo, who I think is too slow to really catch JJ with anything.

I can agree that their power is roughly equal, but for some reason, even though JJ connects far more, JoJo seems to hit a bit harder. Maybe it is me. I also feel that out of the three, JoJo is JJ's easiest fight.

I don't see Andrade's blitz style attacks working on Joanna, whom I don't think would have too hard of a time catching Andrade coming in, or using her Jab and front kick/teep to keep Andrade on the outside.

Yeah, but in the anything-can-happen world of MMA, this troubles me slightly.

I don't really agree with that Joanna gets hit too much, as almost no fighter is able to completely avoid getting hit in a fight, and judging from the damage that Joanna inflicts vs what she actually receives, she does better than her peers at avoiding taking a lot of damage in fights. imo

Agree that she does better than many of her peers, but I am very critical of striking defense in MMA. JJ gets away with it because power is not exactly an over-abundant quantity at WSW. Still would be the number one thing I would be working on in her camp. It only takes once (I mean, Claudia knocked her down. Someone with superior striking could have done some damage there).

I am actually the least worried about Andrade who just walks forward in a straight line winging hooks ... I think that KK gives JJ the toughest fight, followed by JoJo, then Andrade.

I am only worried about her blitz. KK fight might be the hardest, but I am going to disagree on the order of 2 and 3 with you. Respectfully, of course.

After they make a singlet. #justiceForEsparza

When Valerie was on Ariel's show. She said Reebok met with her to address the wardrobe malfunction in her fight. She was told it takes 7-9 months for changes to go through. I don't think that kilt is gonna happen.

Oh holy hell they suck beyond all human comprehension. Was talking to a friend of mine who is a D1 assistant athletic director. He looked into the Reebok "deal" a little bit. His comment was that people should not go to the negotiating table after dropping acid.

JoJo would definitely be JJ's easiest fight. JoJo is too slow, and does best against opponents like Von Plettenburg and (unfortunately) Letourneau, who stay at JoJo's best range and offer little to no offenses, letting them tee off on her. Anyone with speed who gets in her face, JoJo struggles with. She also reacts terribly to getting hit.

JoJo would definitely be JJ's easiest fight. JoJo is too slow, and does best against opponents like Von Plettenburg and (unfortunately) Letourneau, who stay at JoJo's best range and offer little to no offenses, letting them tee off on her. Anyone with speed who gets in her face, JoJo struggles with. She also reacts terribly to getting hit.

Dude, if JJ and Jojo fight.. Jojo might be leaving the arena in a meat wagon or worse... A body bag!

Funny, I don't recall anyone calling out the WSW champ in any post-fight interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back