Joanna Champion 6.0: Who's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaNiK

Алфа Краљица
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With Karolina Kowalkiewicz beating Rose Namajunas (29-28 via Split Decision) at UFC 201, and then being moved up the UFC's strawweight rankings to the #2 in the division, it had appeared that the writing was on the wall as far who Joanna Jedrzejczyk's next opponent would be ..

However, in absence of any official bout announcement since that time, one has to wonder if the UFC is waiting for the outcome of Jessica Andrade vs JoJo Calderwood at UFC 203 on September 10, 2016 before the final determination is made for who will be getting the next TS against Joanna Champion.

So the question is ...
Z4bc872.gif

Karolina Kowalkiewicz aka KK, is the former KSW Flyweight Champion (a Polish MMA org), and she is on a 3 fight win streak since debuting in the UFC against Randa Markos. In her last Octagon appearance, KK was able to rally back against Thug Rose after a slow start in Rd 1 which lead to her getting picked apart by Thug Rose on the outside.

However, KK's strength and skill in the clinch was ultimately too much for Rose, and she bested Thug Rose on the ground as well..

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This spinning backfist is from the Markos fight, but it was awesome so I added it :)
tumblr_nzmvb2yuzc1rofocqo1_500.gif

JoJo Calderwood had a very impressive performance against Valerie Letourneou when the two recently met in a catchweight bout at 125lbs .. But there are still questions as to whether JoJo's apparent improvements will hold up once she is back at 115, where she will soon face the formidable Jessica Andrade ..

OcNZLxL.gif

Jessica Andrade, who formerly fought at Bantamweight in the UFC, made her Strawweight debut against former Invicta Champ Jessica Penne and put on a Wanderlei Silva style showcase with her constant barrage of hooks to the head and body of Jessica Penne ..

bBEwth9.gif

So ... it looks as though we may very well have to wait until after September 10th to find out who's head will be taken next. :D

wkEhfV7.jpg

*Special Note to Trolls* The intention behind this thread is positivity, and community, not hate, and not trolling. If you do not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk and wish to talk about your dislike of her, please go start your own thread on that topic. All Trolling will be reported …

I don't think there is anyone in the division at this time likely to challenge JJ
Calderwood surprised me with how good she looked in her last fight. I don't think Karolina Kowalkiewicz is ready to challenge for the title

I think JJ is on another level than KK, but the division is shallow and I think that she is the number one contender at this point and deserves the TS

I'd like to see Valentina and her meet at 120-125.

Taking it all the way back with one of my favorite pictures of Joanna

4guBrGq.jpg

danadunk2.png

IN.

So ... it looks as though we may very well have to wait until after September 10th to find out who's head will be taken next.
Why September 10th? 203 of course, but they have announced any press conference?

In.

ps. KK is next. And gets destroyed.

Some good fights to make over the next 18 months: Calderwood, Suarez, Grasso - depending on these girls continuing to win of course; and Shevchenko if they start a 125 division.

This year an easier fight Kowalkiewicz although from a buzz point of view I'd book PVZ at MSG

I do think we're 2 or 3 fights from Joanna retiring though, especially if there's no 125 division.

These tend to go 500 pages it seems like. I just want to be in the first page damn it. Haaa.

I don't know or care who Joanna Champion fights next but I will be rooting for her.

@McgreGOATsLeft

Some good fights to make over the next 18 months: Calderwood, Suarez, Grasso - depending on these girls continuing to win of course; and Shevchenko if they start a 125 division.

This year an easier fight Kowalkiewicz although from a buzz point of view I'd book PVZ at MSG

I do think we're 2 or 3 fights from Joanna retiring though, especially if there's no 125 division.

Tatiana Suarez has a fight booked now?

You know I'm in!

As for the whole KK thing.. I would love to see a Polska civil war, despite the whole KK love I have going recently via the KK appreciation thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back