Joachim Hansen suffers a stroke! Officially retires from competition

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Tim Leidecker– upload_2016-12-28_14-24-28.gifVerified account ‏@TimLeidecker
Saddened to learn that legendary Norwegian knockout artist @JoachimHansen had to retire from #MMA after suffering a stroke last month.

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-28_14-24-28.gif
    upload_2016-12-28_14-24-28.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 29
I honestly didn't know he still fought. Definitely one of my favorite fighters to watch in pride and dream. His fights with Alvarez, Mach and Yves are some of the best lightweight wars I've ever seen. Sad news.

Hope he gets better. Nothing more important than health.

God damn it. Hellboy was absolutely amazing in his prime. Best wishes to him, hoping he enjoys a long healthy retirement.

Damn.. thanks for the good fights and stay healthy

I hate to hear this. I first saw him against Rumina in Shooto and he was my pick in the Bushido tourney. Always came to fight, looked cool as fuck, allegedly smelt bad but was definitely a true Viking.

Stay healthy Hellboy.

Loved Hellboy in the Pride days, true warrior!!.

He was involved in some of the most brutal wars in MMA history...I wonder if all that caught up with him...going to doo some googling to see if strokes have any association with combat sports...

Hope he recovers well and has a good avenue to make a living. Guy was a great fighter in his day and stood by his values until the end. War Joachim.

damn thats sad to hear. hope he recovers well and i wish him all the best.

guy was always a blast to watch

Loved how this guy hated the UFC and UFC fake fans!

Get better and move onto the next fruitful chapter of your life.

War Hellboy.

Love that guy. Too bad.

That knee on Imanari...

Damn, that sucks. 37 is far too young to be having strokes.

Hope he makes a full recovery, all the best.

Hope he gets well soon. Great fighter.

I honestly didn't know he still fought. Definitely one of my favorite fighters to watch in pride and dream. His fights with Alvarez, Mach and Yves are some of the best lightweight wars I've ever seen. Sad news.

Damn, he's one of my favorite fighters. He should be a coach. He has always been a great grappler. He was a great striker in his prime. And he has lots of MMA experience and knowledge.

I always liked Hellboy because he always brought it!

Stay well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back