JMM vs Alvarado-22million viewers in Mexico

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From Boxingscene

According to several media outlets in Mexico, the return of former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, who on May 17th defeated Mike Alvarado with a twelve round unanimous decision, drew a final ratings figure of 21 points and about 22 million viewers. The number beat the Mexican soccer final between Leon and Pachuca, which had 18 points and some 19 million viewers.

Marquez's return also beat out the Mexico ratings number generated by Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his battle against Marcos "Chino" Maidana, which scored 13 points. But Marquez was unable to beat the ratings figure generated by the April 12th rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, which had 24 points.

I'm not believing any numbers until zroc claims a number and wanderlei4life checks his whiteboy ass...

I'll still never get how the Canelo/Mayweather was reported as a 41.1 rating in Mexico, but then was said to have only garnered 22 million viewers, and then JMM/Pac 3 and now this fight have lesser national ratings, but actually generated more (in JMM/Pac 3's case, almost double) or comparable amounts of viewers. I think the US media reported the viewer numbers almost unanimously wrong the for the Canelo/Mayweather fight (likely something got lost in translation), because the numbers simply don't add. Likely another example of the high standard of boxing journalism.

How much revenue does that bring in? Like 100 pesos?

Mexico has a population of 120 million. 1/5 of the entire country tuned in for this fight. I'm sure the advertising revenue was extremely large.

Back