jjmuaythaiguy needs help in planning an excellent Eurotrip for next year.

deadlift ryan said:
london boy here
will be happy to welcome you guys to gracie barra in essex.

Is that Roger's school that we are talking about? My hotel is close to Roger's and we are all trying to hook up at a place that is close to me and the others know about so we can take pics, roll around and hang out after.

I appreciate the offer one way or another. So pm me. Mirada gets there in two days and me in nine days give or take a time zone. Hit the thread so the rest could see it. Pming people takes forever. There are four or five of us trying to hook up, two mods and three members.

Marc Walder runs GB Essex, Roger's academy is many many miles away from it. It'd be like going from Manhattan New York to Newark New Jersey in terms of relative distance. It can be done but not very easily and TBH from what I have heard Roger cleans Marc's clock on the mat so it may not entirely be worth it anyway. I think if Ryan wants to haul ass up town to Ladbroke Grove that'd be much easier for all involved.

rrr. Cocksuckers.

I wrote up a big old post, but the stupid server ate it.

Basically I arrive on wensday at 11 AM (gmt) and have no idea where any of this shit (academies, brokeback grove, west end, east end, tight end, tallywhack avenue, etc) is. I also don't have any idea where I'll be staying, but I figure I can try to get a bead on the academy in question and find somewhere near there.

Superbeast said:
Marc Walder runs GB Essex, Roger's academy is many many miles away from it. It'd be like going from Manhattan New York to Newark New Jersey in terms of relative distance. It can be done but not very easily and TBH from what I have heard Roger cleans Marc's clock on the mat so it may not entirely be worth it anyway. I think if Ryan wants to haul ass up town to Ladbroke Grove that'd be much easier for all involved.

There you go then.

Roger's is the place. I just subscribed to Gracie Magazine and got a official ADCC 2005 rash guard (does not fit me at the moment) but would love to have Roger sign it if he is in town and available. I'm bringing it just in case. See you guys soon.

Mirada, what airlines you flying over to London?

British Airways, nonstop from San Francisco.

Gonna be a long fucking flight.

Mirada said:
British Airways, nonstop from San Francisco.

Gonna be a long fucking flight.

No kidding. You're on the plane longer than me. I'm taking Hawaiian Air Lines from Hawaii to Las Vegas. We got a 9 hour lay over in Las Vegas so I am getting a room close to the airport to shower and crash. Then Virgin airlines to London. 12 hours or longer depending on the winds? Yeah something like that. My girl and I just bought Creative Zen Vision M and downloading videos to watch and music to listen to. Just in case, I already watched the six (6) movies, yes six (6) movies they offer. Try be really big and fly. Whew.

TTT

Kimurense, you reckon you might be able to get to Carlsons @ Royal Oak on Wednesday? Mirada and I were planning on stopping in there, figured it might be an opportunity to meet face to face before we all see JJMTguy on Saturday.

Superbeast said:
TTT

Kimurense, you reckon you might be able to get to Carlsons @ Royal Oak on Wednesday? Mirada and I were planning on stopping in there, figured it might be an opportunity to meet face to face before we all see JJMTguy on Saturday.

Hey, you guys rolling already?. I want to see video please. I got to know what I am dealing with. Is Carlson's far from GB UK (Roger's)?

Not if you use the underground.

They are in quite different parts of London but to travel between the two is less than half an hour on the tube.

GB London is not Roger's place. Gracie Barra London is actually a club based in Picadilly I believe, Roger's is obviously Gracie affiliated but is the Roger Gracie Academy on the sign.

Mirada and I had a roll after kickboxing class on Saturday, his half guard is a good challenge for me.

Superbeast said:
Not if you use the underground.

They are in quite different parts of London but to travel between the two is less than half an hour on the tube.

GB London is not Roger's place. Gracie Barra London is actually a club based in Picadilly I believe, Roger's is obviously Gracie affiliated but is the Roger Gracie Academy on the sign.

Mirada and I had a roll after kickboxing class on Saturday, his half guard is a good challenge for me.

Thanks for the clarification. I have not yet been able to contact Roger but Andre, (Kimurense) said he saw him at a coffee shop. So hopefully he is there when I get there, I got a letter from Relson to give to him, so .... hopefully he's there. If not the following Monday we could change locations and roll at your club. We'll see I guess, I got no politics, I just want to train AND vacation. Hahaha, grapplers are fun on vacation, they get mat fever, me too.

Best place for a Monday would again likely be Carlsons, "Judo" Jim does the takedown and no gi grappling class and he's pretty unorthodox with some good experience to back his approach up, I believe he is the current British National Champ at his weight also. BTT London run a Monday class but if you want to get the most out of your time here you'd be better at the Carlson class, IMO.

Hopefully we'll go to my local kickboxing class tomorrow, head to Carlson's Wednesday, check out TT Team on Thursday (Pedro Bessa is usually down on Thursdays) and go to Roger's Saturday with you guys before heading out in the evening

Two days left to go. I am hoping that I get some sleep on the plane or I am going to be dead tired when we meet. I got a lot of film to take pics and a digital camera and video for the memories. See you guys soon.

I am leaving my house right this minute and will see you all very soon.

I hadn't seen this thread in the front page for a wile, thought you guys had stoped posting here! JJMTG told me that everybody had rolled and stuff!! unfortunately I missed it! i was out with my girlfriend when bob called me on the saturday you guys got together, and I didn't have time to train... luck'ly I met JJMTG, 5 star man! and we had a nice chat at the pub (the tubes were broke and bob couldn't make it to the academy on time, which save'd me from a beating :) )

how about you guys superbeast and mirada? have you guys been training a lot together? there are no gi classes on master teams academy every tuesday and thursday if you guys are interested. I have been going a lot to those classes...

Aloha and malama pono bob. it was really nice meeting you!

ps. sorry I didn't make it to carlson that night superbeast I didn't see the post!

Update.

I've rolled with jjmtguy today. He came to my BJJ academy to attend a nogi class.

The man is fuckin' huge!!! First time i've rolled with a guy that size. Really hard (I'm 6'3 240)

I swept him once from the butterfly guard (amazingly). I had a kneebar from top halfguard and did my special, armbar from the top halfguard.
He tapped me out with a guillotine and an impressive armbar from my butterfly guard (don't ask me how he did that lol). The guy is very hard to handle, really heavy and has good technique.

He's a really cool guy, really nice guy. I was glad to meet him.

naskwon14g said:
Update.

I've rolled with jjmtguy today. He came to my BJJ academy to attend a nogi class.

The man is fuckin' huge!!! First time i've rolled with a guy that size. Really hard (I'm 6'3 240)

I swept him once from the butterfly guard (amazingly). I had a kneebar from top halfguard and did my special, armbar from the top halfguard.
He tapped me out with a guillotine and an impressive armbar from my butterfly guard (don't ask me how he did that lol). The guy is very hard to handle, really heavy and has good technique.

He's a really cool guy, really nice guy. I was glad to meet him.

Wow thanks Guillaurme (William),

It was a pleasure to meet you and train with your instructor. Please pass along my thanks again. I just wanted to take things easy because you said you were hurt and was not in class earlier. I was just trying to keep it friendly. Like a good will mission for me.
I was not trying to go crazy beating everyone full tournament speed. I just turtled or pulled half guard.

After I knew we were rolling like sparring with anything goes I just subbed you from the bottom or when you switched to butterfly. Thats also why after sweeping you with my half guard I let you back on top just to play defense. A good fun roll. Jason Miller who taught me that gullotine and arm bar sub.

Then as I was trying to leave another student wants to roll with me and I was like oh no, not the bull of the school huh, but decided what the hell I was there he wants to try and subbed him twice with my half guard. He was a little guy but tough and I give him and you much props for taking my size and trying butterfly with me. I'm impressed.

You are very good and have great things for the future. I'm way too old and out of shape to be training with hardcore guys like you. I hope you enjoy the gifts and the shirt fits.

Thanks for the roll and for the invite to the school. Aloha,
Bobby - jjmuaythaiguy

kimurense said:
I hadn't seen this thread in the front page for a wile, thought you guys had stoped posting here! JJMTG told me that everybody had rolled and stuff!! unfortunately I missed it! i was out with my girlfriend when bob called me on the saturday you guys got together, and I didn't have time to train... luck'ly I met JJMTG, 5 star man! and we had a nice chat at the pub (the tubes were broke and bob couldn't make it to the academy on time, which save'd me from a beating :) )

how about you guys superbeast and mirada? have you guys been training a lot together? there are no gi classes on master teams academy every tuesday and thursday if you guys are interested. I have been going a lot to those classes...

Aloha and malama pono bob. it was really nice meeting you!

ps. sorry I didn't make it to carlson that night superbeast I didn't see the post!

Hey Andre,

With ears like yours I probably was saved the beating. I'm just a lowly 3 stripe blue not a purple. Like you. Thanks for the drink and the talk at the pub. I hope you like your gifts too and that the shirt fits. Did the shirt fit? Did your girl like the chocolates? Also please pass along my thanks to Master Brooking. Next time I'm in town for sure we got to roll and train together.

Aloha and malama pono to you to brother, the pleasure was all mine.
Bob - jjmuaythaiguy

yeah! the t-shirt was great! I was almost in a pub fight on the brazillian match day because of it :) some english holligan mongoloide thought I was brazillian and kept on insulting brazillians at the pub and looking at me, trying to make me pissed off wile I was watching the game on my own.. I went to him and told him in the end of the match that I wasn't brazillian... he seemed a bit upset and his mates laughed at his face :D

I will give the stuff you gave me to roger (brooking) rest asure. I went to the no gi class on thursday and told him about you, but I didn't have your stuff with me. I will give it to him next tuesday.

glad to know your girfriend was able to pass trough the french foreign office.

the chocolats were great by the way, thanks alot! hope you can come by and visit us again soon.

Back