jjmuaythaiguy needs help in planning an excellent Eurotrip for next year.

Oh trust me, it stands for a lot.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay you could do worse than contacting Luiz at [email protected] he's part of the TT jiujitsu team over here but I think he also is involved with short term stay properties so could probably point you in the right direction if not cut you a deal.

As for herbal remedies post or pre-roll, I could probably sort something out if you want, Mirada. As for football, Hargreaves is not someone I'd have put in the national squad, but then again, that's why I'm not the England team manager and why our current one is soon to go.

I'm at 154 right now (dropped some weight recently since summer is coming) and 5'5" so I think rolling with you, jjmuaythaiguy, could be quite the challenge.

kimurense said:
has for my figure, I am not very intimidating, a mere 5.9 feet, and 171 pounds :( I can already feel that it is going to be quite hard to roll with JJMTG.. let's hope my purple stands for anything...

The purple stands for a lot. I'm hoping for that belt in just under two years.

Guys, I play bottom. I pull guard. Closed. Open. Half. Learning spider now.

I SUCK at the top game. Since all my classmates are smaller than me I feel sorry for them and stay on four points (two elbows and two knees) trying not to smash them. I don't like to go to side control and lay and pray (basically smashing my friends.) So I would try not to do that to you all either.

Its the bottom you got to worry about so just pull me into your guard. My legs are heavy and when one is across your neck and back thats like having a small child smashing you down. Classic Relson Gracie Jiu Jitsu. IN fact I have more subs in competitions from guard than top.

I actually have been subbed while on top with a kimura by this professional mma fighter Raymond "King Kong" Serraile. Probably the name is spelled wrong but the guy is a professional fighter, with a losing record but he is fighting on the undercard of Jason Miller's fight.

I am completely out of shape and practice due to injury and my jiujitsu has been wasting away here in the land of submission wrestling for a year now.

Sometimes I get my blue belt out and stroke it, crying, as I try to remember the good old days.

SB: I think Sven is laughing at you all. Especially with this Walcott business, its a no-lose for him, because he's leaving no matter what, and he's either a genius for taking the shorty, or its all Rooney's (Or Paulo Ferreira's if you prefer) fault.

I couldn't help but notice it was a Portuguese player lunging in on a gratuitous and poorly timed tackle from the rear that caused the injury, while defending a three goal lead with a minute remaining... Could this add an element of bad blood in your match with Kimurense?

Not really. He's got three years of experience on me, 15lbs and owned me last time we rolled. I'm not training full time right now either due to personal commitments so don't feel too bad.

I kind of feel bad for Rooney at this point. The guy can't even get into all the London clubs yet and he's already endured media scrutiny for banging a granny hooker, cheating on his girlfriend, moving from Everton to Man U and now everyone has hung their hopes on him recovering in time to play. Poor bastard's got a lot on his plate for his age even if some of it's been self induced. I'd actually prefer to see a more experienced player that Walcott called up but I think maybe the England managment are on this young prodigal players kick for some reason. All I know is Walcott isn't Rooney and the entire nation and team pinning their hopes on his recovery is kind of a sad indictment of England's lack of self confidence in their own abilities without their newest prodigy on the pitch. You can bet win or lose Rooney will get shit, whether he plays wel or doesn't play at all, after the tourny is over. Realistically I think it'll come down to Brazil, France, Italy and either Spain or Holland in the semis.

Any of you into swapping patches?

If so, let me know because I'd be willing to bring a few to swap for my collection. Our patch got a shark folding his arms (Gracie Style) with a black belt around his waiste and words, Gracie Competition Team, Honolulu, HI.

Andre I'm still checking on that shirt and have messages all over town. Anybody with connections to Charuto's school directly pm me.

I've got a patch for anyone with a decent butterfly guard.

I'd be interested in one of those shark patches but I'd likely remove the " Gracie Competition Team, Honolulu, HI" if possible so as not to misrepresent myself or your academy. The design sounds very cool though.

Superbeast said:
I've got a patch for anyone with a decent butterfly guard.

I'd be interested in one of those shark patches but I'd likely remove the " Gracie Competition Team, Honolulu, HI" if possible so as not to misrepresent myself or your academy. The design sounds very cool though.

I suck at butterfly guard.

If you want a patch we got to swap. One for one. I won't wear yours out of respect also just put it in my scrap book. I probably buy one from Roger's Academy too.

Let me know.

There was a thread on here not too long ago that went something like "I am a shark and the ground is my ocean." Or something to that effect. I'm not sure of the exact quote or author. Now that I say that, I wonder if Relson said it because we got the shark as our rep?

Hmmmmm.???

Sadly Rio Grappling Club Uk doesn't have a patch. I wish it did mind you.

The shark quote is by either Jean Jaxques Machado or Rob Machado depending on who you believe.

I have to bullet these things to keep in straight in my fatigue-strained brain.

1) Any sort of herbal supplement sorting out would be very much appreciated.

2) I feel pretty sorry for old Rooney, and his situation. Except for that whole part about making millions by playing soccer.

3) Italy is going to choke and lose to the USA and Czech Republic. We will then lose to Brazil.

4) Get rid of Beckham, make either Gerrard or Terry the captain, go to a 4-3-3 with Carrick holding (I guess, I haven't seen him play) and both Lampard and Gerrard as attacking midfielders. Joe Cole on the left wing, SWP on the right wing and Owen picking up the pieces in the middle. Alternitively you could have Crouch in for SWP, send Gerrard out on the right and have Crouch knocking things down for Owen. But then again, I'm basing this entirely on Winning Eleven 9 for Xbox.

5) I don't have any patches to trade, or any butterfly guard skills (now if you had a half guard patch...) nor any real desire to put patches on my gi in the first place. However that shark sounds pretty fucking badass. Does he come in sticker format?

6) Will wearing a cowboy hat score me british tail?

7) What about Stars & Stripes gi pants with a matching bandanna?

1. Done and done.

2. I agree. For a guy his age he's got a lot to deal with. Then again, he can pay other people to deal with it for him.

3. Possibly, we'll wait and see.

4. Beckham hasn't shown his true quality in about three years now, the only reason he's England captain his because of his marketability. I wish they'd put Terry in his place and just take Beckham out of the squad for a year until he gets his shit together.

5. Uh... JJmuaythaiguy?

6. Possibly. Depends where you are. In a club, probably. In a pub, no way.

7. Rex Kwon Do always gets the bitches.

Mirada said:
5) I don't have any patches to trade, or any butterfly guard skills (now if you had a half guard patch...) nor any real desire to put patches on my gi in the first place. However that shark sounds pretty fucking badass. Does he come in sticker format?

Unfortunately no sticker format at this time. I think they used to have them before I started but since I been here I have not seen them make or order new ones. If they do before I leave I will let you all know and pick up a couple.

hi guys! I see I need to start coming down to sherdog more often! you guys are starting to talk about football as well!!!

every national side on the World cup should thank ferreira for his tackle. specially brazil :) it's a shame ferreira won't play in the starting line-up for portugal, he could probably inflict some injuries to some other players..

unfortunately I don't have patches to exchange. I had some in portugal, but here I only have the ones on my gi

ps. if spain wins, I will cut my wrists...

Okay guys, I got exactly 21 more days from today until the trip.

Well, 20 days, 6 hours and 19 minutes more.

Are you guys meeting me and Kimurense at Roger's and if so will you guys be taking class with us and we roll after? Pics and beers after that? I would pm and email you all but that is like 4 guys right now and my pm box gets full and emailing everyone takes a while. For those who don't have my email its [email protected].

There was another sherdogger John O Brian who used to train there and he was going to try and hook us up but he said he does not train there anymore and my emails and phone calls to the academy has gotten me no where. So I hope its okay with Roger and or dad. I promised my classmates shirts or gifts from the school so I got to train there no matter what.

JJMTG did you try to send them an e-mail? there webpage is gracie-barra.co.uk you can send them a message trough there... but I am sure it will be fine

kimurense said:
JJMTG did you try to send them an e-mail? there webpage is gracie-barra.co.uk you can send them a message trough there... but I am sure it will be fine

Yes, Andre, I did. I even got a automatic reply and copy of my message that was sent. I think they are really busy right now.

Relson said that Royler and Royce called him to come to the UFC to support Royce so maybe Royce also invited Roger to attend seeing as he is possibly the next family champion or mma person. Who knows? Rhalan, Relson's son has also been trying to get a hold of Roger for me but can't so I think they are really busy if family can't get a hold of them.

Anybody who sees this thread and trains at Roger's pm me or email me.

I can try get up to Ladbroke Grove for the class and meet you there on the day.

Superbeast said:
I can try get up to Ladbroke Grove for the class and meet you there on the day.

Awesome. Now just got to make sure Mirada can make it and we are there!

No way should this be on page three.

The day of reckoning approaches rapidly, gentlemen. In a mere nine days I will be set loose on the poor unsuspecting people of London.

It occurs to me, waytoolongnameguy, that I will have a distinct advantage over you, my fellow tourist grappler, in that I will have had a full ten days to acclimate myself to not only the time zone, but also the beer, weather and floozies.

Mirada said:
No way should this be on page three.

The day of reckoning approaches rapidly, gentlemen. In a mere nine days I will be set loose on the poor unsuspecting people of London.

It occurs to me, waytoolongnameguy, that I will have a distinct advantage over you, my fellow tourist grappler, in that I will have had a full ten days to acclimate myself to not only the time zone, but also the beer, weather and floozies.

Page 3 huh? What can you say? The grappling forum is very active and sherdoggers rock!

Wow! 9 more days? That is fast approaching!

I expect to have major jet lag but I still want to take class, roll a bit and get to meet you all and have a drink or more. I'm really looking forward to my time there and my girl, got to love her, she is not complaining one bit and going shopping while I am hanging with you guys.

I just saw myself training with Jason Miller on the news section of sherdog and it sucks that I am getting choked out but eh, its Jason Mayhem Miller so its all good. Plus he is absolutely crazy funny and his fight is coming up this weekend.

See you really soon.

For Sankuno in Paris, where is the main gym located at?

I'll be in Paris from 27th to 2nd July, so if any Parisian sherdogger could show a newbie around... :)

Back