JJ vs Werdum/TBrowne (Mid-range read)

NoNotVengeance

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
so what had happened was.

for all the new stats to quantify, this is another Jones win by Decision. The reason i feel that is important to point out is because Jones has scored another win that stands outside of a performance like AS vs Franklin, Belfort, Griffin, Bonnar, Okami, Irvin, Leben.

Until JJ scores a few more wins like that, for me, Jones will be a "pick on someone your own size' version of GOAT)

If Jones moved up to Heavyweight. forget about 5'11 Cain (or however tall he is) I would love to see JJ be tested against someone his height (or taller) who go in for the kill and have good chins. Jones simply (and I'm basing this on all his fights) doesn't have the 'starchy' power of...alot of great fighters. I could see Travis Browne Obliquing Jones to death if thats the game Jones would play. I could see Werdum, going body kick for body kick and eventually scoring with hand strikes.

Jones biggest challenge came from someone he looked up to and he won by way of taking his eyes off the target and spinning in a circle and landing what i consider to be the Hail Mary of offensive strikes..."game winning' versions of that play only really work once, generally.

Please, be gentle.

Browne is huge but literally no where near as skilled as Jones is. I think Cain, Werdum and JDS are more interesting fights for him. He's not moving up though - he's definitely staying at 205.

Jones is smart, and this is business. Why fight at HW when you can make a lot money at LHW

I think by now jones knows not to move up. His hardest fights are when he fought his own size and a HW that cut down to 205. I think he beats erevyone at HW aside from JDS and Cain. Perhaps struve would be a nice fight.

Jones is smart, and this is business. Why fight at HW when you can make a lot money at LHW

For GOAT reasons. At this point, being GOAT should be his goal. He has the money already, and will be probably get it ether way. Perfect timing if he chooses that path right now whilst he is still young and HW are still beatable.

As far as I can see it. he can submit every Top 10 HW on the list

Browne is huge but literally no where near as skilled as Jones is. I think Cain, Werdum and JDS are more interesting fights for him. He's not moving up though - he's definitely staying at 205.

yes. why put on weight if he can cut to 205 without even changing his upper body. Jones p4p leg weigh cutter!:D:D

Werdum wins. Not sure about Brown.

Back