jiujitsu gear for my wife

alaskajits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just thought this would get more views from bjj people here, but anyone recommend any gis for women?

were looking at the vulkan yellow ultralite for her (yea lol), also the atama womens gis.

id like to get her vulkan because i own a pair of them and love them.

things i dont know about is some wrestling shoes, ie whats good/would be good for her.

A yellow gi with some wrestling shoes is the hawtness

I bought my wife just a sort of normal judo type gi from one of my instructors. She didn't like the pink ones and stuff, she liked my keiko one which I may give to her once its shrunk enough.

I am very proud because she managed to tap out this middle school kid who had been doing jiu jitsu for a few months now. She has been doing it for three weeks and managed to tap him three times. Before she did jiu jitsu she saw a Marcelo HL video and copied the positions she saw from that. She got 2 rncs on him and one armbar from the turtle which Im particular proud of because she was never taught to do an armbar from the person turteling.

So it sounds like im boasting, its just that im incredibly proud of her.

The right gi for your wife depends on her build. I've had 7 different gis, and I wear my Vulcan and my Koral the most often. I loved the women's Atama, until it shrunk so much that it's too short for me to wear.

just thought this would get more views from bjj people here, but anyone recommend any gis for women?

were looking at the vulkan yellow ultralite for her (yea lol), also the atama womens gis.

id like to get her vulkan because i own a pair of them and love them.

things i dont know about is some wrestling shoes, ie whats good/would be good for her.

Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiit a minute. I sure hope your wife doesn't read the forum...

Or what is her stance on your thread about popping a boner while rolling with this hot chick in class?

:rolleyes:

My wife has an Atama double weave and an Adidas. She's had the Adidas for about a year, the Atama for about 2, and she likes them both but said she prefers the Adidas.

My ouana is my favorite gi right now. I don't really like the color pink. They have a pretty sick black and red one. I have a baby blue rash guard from them as well.

Why does she want wrestling shoes? If she's worried about her feet getting toarn up you could look into ankle sleeves. I have a pair (from ouana also) that's long enough to cover the major mat burn sites and I use them when drilling take downs, mostly. I never liked wrestling shoes becuase I'd get leg and ankle locked alot more than if I wasn't wearing them.

Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiit a minute. I sure hope your wife doesn't read the forum...

Or what is her stance on your thread about popping a boner while rolling with this hot chick in class?

:rolleyes:

lol my wife and i are pretty open about things, so she knows about it, thus why she wants to join the class and make sure im only rollin w/ her if im rollin w/ womens.

lol my wife and i are pretty open about things, so she knows about it, thus why she wants to join the class and make sure im only rollin w/ her if im rollin w/ womens.

Kudos! That's how it should be!!! Congrats then...

i really hope there's more reason for her joining than just to keep and eye out on ya

oh there is. she enjoys watching ufc with me and she wants to understand the ground game, and when i show her stuff she wants to learn more.

Do her a favor and get her the turtle cups from Ringside.com They are a boxing chest protector for women. My wife wears them and all of the guys have no problem rolling with her and taking her seriously. I hate rolling with girls when they are flopping all over the place. And yes, I am in there to train and not play grab ass with girls who are not serious.

Back