Jiu Jitsu / Wrestling fighters and Cauli's

The Crocodile

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone on this forum who Wrestled or does Jiu Jitsu that has Cauliflower ears, when you first started to get them what was your reaction to it? say you woke up in the morning and noticed it was puffed, did you feel a sense of honor? or were you scared? what were your feelings on it when you first say it happening?

:D

I drained it. I've drained it many times. It hurts, but I don't have a nub for an ear. Get a sterile needle and syringe, a buddy with a strong stomach, a clothespin, and some gauze. Stick the needle in the ear where the swelling is occurring, and move it around slowly while pulling out. Once the fluid is drained, throw gauze on both sides and put on the clothespin to keep it from re-filling.

If instead of fluid a bunch of blood spurts out, you may have waited too long and it's starting to calcify. Also, it's gross as shit.

I drained it. I've drained it many times. It hurts, but I don't have a nub for an ear. Get a sterile needle and syringe, a buddy with a strong stomach, a clothespin, and some gauze. Stick the needle in the ear where the swelling is occurring, and move it around slowly while pulling out. Once the fluid is drained, throw gauze on both sides and put on the clothespin to keep it from re-filling.

If instead of fluid a bunch of blood spurts out, you may have waited too long and it's starting to calcify. Also, it's gross as shit.

How come you didn't just let it be? I guess not everyone looks at having them the same but do you see yourself eventually letting it just calcify and having Cauliflowers or are you going to keep draining it every time?

Back