Jiu Jitsu Reigns again!!!

You are thinking of Dos Anjos vs Clay Guida..

He was referring to Matt Hughes putting Almeida to sleep with a choke.

yeah but Hughes had just clipped him on the chin pretty damn good. I doubt it was broken.

I think Almeida was a little dazed and thought that he wasn't in danger in the front headlock and was just waiting for Hughes to make a move and.....then.........things started.....getting..............................daaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkk.:icon_neut

i definitely support bjj, but for UFC 117... im very impressed by all the wrestlers.

Incredible base/top game/bottom game wrestling sweeps coupled with GnP, even bjj black belts have huge problems.

like clay guida matchup, he dun seem to have any problems with anjos on the ground.
how sonnen kept anderson on bottom game most of the rounds
huges vs almeida

and so on.

Everyone is forgetting here to take into the fact that Chaels wrestling credentials far out way Silvas. Silva was dominated by a better grappler, but it was BJJ that made the difference. Wrestling is not superior over BJJ and BJJ is not superior over Wrestling (IMO). However, as great as Sonnen is with wrestling. BJJ with a guy not known very much for submissions did win out.

Do you guys do this after every event?

Well phooey to you too!

633839569142980630-Twilight.jpg

Now Aoki ... that's some BJJ I can respect.

helped against Melendez how?

I don't have a dog in this fight (wrestling vs BJJ) but my take-away last night was: wrestling ruled the roost

You let the guy on bottom just sit up like that?

Looks like Anderson goes to push Chael down and then just lacks the strength to do so

Rib injury?

i like wrestling i think it is very important to have. but that being said you can't say wrestling dominated silva when silva won off his back. I don't care what would have happen if the fight went to the judges.fights should be finished

5mzm9e.gif

This look weird to anyone else?

Not really, it's essentially the same takedown as double underhooks from butterfly guard.

If you get double underhooks and can get your hips back or out to the side, then you have a solid takedown against an opponent posturing up in your guard.

You can't really do it with closed guard, but sonnen wasn't playing closed guard.

Anderson Silva again displays the fact that BJJ is definitely the best style on the planet and its use is the difference maker in any fight no matter how the fight is going!

I wouldnt say best but I would say one of the best.

You can't really do it with closed guard, but sonnen wasn't playing closed guard.

I guess not closed guard, but you can do it from a closed guard by opening the guard slightly, sitting up for a Kimura attack/hip over but then pull your hips out under you and finish by driving forward for the takedown.

When I look at the Sonnen/Silva fight I certainly didn't see a BJJ vs wrestler. I saw easily the best striker in MMA who looked hurt or something which completely took him off his game.

There's the old saying "Punch a BJJ BB once and he's a brown belt. Hit him again and he's a Purple. Same with wrestlers. Takedown attempts are completely different physically AND mentally after you get rocked with some punches, knees, and kicks. If Anderson's striking game was sharper, he would have brutalized Sonnen before Sonnen had a chance to show his great wrestling. As did not outgrapple the great Hendo, he simply rocked him enough on the feet to completely take away Hendo's strengths..

Anderson Silva again displays the fact that BJJ is definitely the best style on the planet and its use is the difference maker in any fight no matter how the fight is going!

god damnit, there is no such thing as "best style"

do most bjj guys train 90% on the ground? YES

does that make them better than sambo guys?

submission wrestlers?

Hell no, the techniques are all the same. as long as you get a good instructor the sport is whatever the fuck you want to call it

god damnit, there is no such thing as "best style"

do most bjj guys train 90% on the ground? YES

does that make them better than sambo guys?

submission wrestlers?

Hell no, the techniques are all the same. as long as you get a good instructor the sport is whatever the fuck you want to call it

This. /Thread. And for the matter, 50% of the grappling forum threads/.

Back