Jiu Jitsu near American U in Wash, DC?

dansimmons

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with any of the bjj or jjj schools near Tenleytown in DC? Buddy going to school there soon. He was planning on visiting yamasaki, JTR combat jujutsu on Wisconsin, and any other places that he hears about. Thanks.

i woud go to 50/50 BJJ in arlington. It is not too far away and one of the best in the area. Ryan Hall's school.

He should metro out to 50/50 at Virginia Square Metro.

One spirit martial arts in Sterling. Pedro Sauer teaches there

Come check us out...Yamasaki BJJ located at Woodley Park metro stop (3 metro stops from Tenlytown. We're one of the closest BJJ schools to your area.

You can visit our website at www.bjjdc.com - we also have a free 1 week trial.

To check out how Luis runs classes, you can also visit YouTube - YamasakiJJ's Channel

We train hard and have a tight knit group. We have avid competitors and casual bjj enthusiasts as well. Hope to see you here!

50/50 is a great school too and I'd suggest checking them out. You're looking at a 30-45 min metro ride one way though if you have no car.

BETA Academy is at the Columbia Heights metro stop. Our BJJ program has classes Monday through Saturday, with morning classes on Tuesday and Thursday. Nakapan Phungephorn is our head instructor, and he has put together a really great curriculum.

We also have a really good muay thai, capoeira programs, and a functional interval traning system called Ruckus101. We have a ton of mat space and our school has a really positive and competitive vibe... There's a free week trial where you can do any and every class.

Washington DC Thai Boxing | Washington DC Brazilian Jiujitsu | Washington DC Mixed Martial Arts | MMA | Washington DC Thai Kick Boxing | Thai Kickboxing classes in Washington DC | DC Kids Martial Arts Classes | Washington DC Capoeira | Washington DC

I've trained at Fifty/50 and at Luis' Yamasaki school. You can't go wrong with either of them. I also have friends that train at BETA academy and at One Spirit. Go try out each school and see which schedule and which vibe fits your lifestyle.

I'd highly recommend Yamasaki DC. Especially if you don't want to stray too far from the area you mentioned. The instruction there is top-notch.

Back