Jiu Jitsu Academy Online

MuaythaiOC

White Belt
Reaction score
Now let me quickly clarify. I'm not talking about online academies that will send you a belt in the mail for 4 easy payments. I'm more referring to sites that Draculino, Marcelo Garcia, Andre Galvao, Mendes Brothers, Caio Terra, and Jean Jacques Machado(and more) have that are a subscription based online teaching system.

I'm curious to know what people think of these programs. Also, what would an online academy need to do to intrigue you to buy a monthly subscription to videos and curriculum? How would there videos need to be set-up, what techniques, interactive system, etc...?

Jiu Jitsu Scholar

marcelos is great, although, but is not for beginners I think... havent seen galvaos or mendes yet...

I believe the best site for beginners is a site like dracus, or probably the riveiro bros...

marcelos is great, although, but is not for beginners I think... havent seen galvaos or mendes yet...

I believe the best site for beginners is a site like dracus, or probably the riveiro bros...

I've looked at Draculino's, his seem great for all belts trying to make there fundamentals more solid. The Mendes brothers is extremely organized in a sense of category but curriculum wise it's all over the place.

What do you think would make these kind of programs more viable

For entertainment purposes, I'm sure those sites are great but I would rely more on my instructors for actual learning. Compare online schooling with being in class and fielding questions directly with your teacher. It's a cool idea, but hopefully your instructor can answer most of your questions in person.

For entertainment purposes, I'm sure those sites are great but I would rely more on my instructors for actual learning. Compare online schooling with being in class and fielding questions directly with your teacher. It's a cool idea, but hopefully your instructor can answer most of your questions in person.

Just because you're on MGIA doesn't mean you're going to stop listening to your coach..

My coach had all the sites and I will get texts with videos he wants me to watch on them and then he goes over them with me in person. It isn't one or the other, you can watch videos online and learn in person

Felipe Costa also has one over at Brazilianblackbelt.com I'm his stature so its interesting to see what hes got going on over there

Sean apperson and paragon have jiujitsupedia. Well organzied and lots of amazing techniques taught by various blackbelts from the paragon family with a few guest added in as well

I'm a member of MGinAction and AllGalvao. I'm a huge fan of Galvao's game, but his site is a MFer to navigate. I bought his book "Drill to Win" and was hoping there would be some cool examples on his site that would coincide with his book. Nope.

MGinAction is the epitome of what an online training site should be and look like. The features are fantastic, navigation a breeze and the amount of content is mind blowing. I've been with MGinAction for about 3-4 years and on AllGalvao for about 6 months. I won't be rejoining AllGalvao, but just renewed my membership to MG's. I'm going to try the Mendes Bro's next to see what their site is like.

But I highly recommend MGinAction. If you haven't seen or navigated his site, check out my tutorial in my signature below, it'll give you an idea of the interface and how it works.

I am a member of mginaction and Allgalvao. MGinaction sets the standard in format by far. I think Allgalvao has the best technique. They're's alot of variation and he shows the newest cutting edge stuff. He has an excellent counter to the berimbolo.

His sparring sessions have been excellent also. He's got insane talent there everyday. There's a round robin with him, Keenan and Campos cycling in 3 minutes each that rivals any sparring I've seen

We are still in the build out phases of Caio's site. It's going to be amazing when done, focusing more on functionality then on anything else.

If all goes well maybe even have a way to do a question and answer type thing. Problem is skype only allows 10 people and we'd like 30 or more..

Is someone paying you to do this? You made the exact same thread a week ago in the Heavyweights.

Back