Jiri Prochazka on training with Khamzat Chimaev

Did Khamzat smesh this kid???
One has to wonder

Who else throws a training partner under the bus with a "nothing special" comment unless he's been getting raped by him in practice?
Sounds like hes butt hurt that Khamzat is famous and no one knows who Jiri is.

English not being his first language, maybe he meant to say something else like,

"Khamzat doesn't stand out in anything particular." As in he's well rounded? Equally as good of a striker as he is a grappler.

Seems odd that guys like Gus say Khamzat is good enough to go toe to toe with in training and be his main sparring partner then there's comments like this. I think Jiri and Khamzat may have trained 2 or 3 times and Khamzat out wrestled him with ease.

Seems odd that guys like Gus say Khamzat is good enough to go toe to toe with in training and be his main sparring partner then there's comments like this. I think Jiri and Khamzat may have trained 2 or 3 times and Khamzat out wrestled him with ease.
Jiri is quite the phenom himself so he probably needs something spectacular to actually wow him.

Jiri is quite the phenom himself so he probably needs something spectacular to actually wow him.
He definitely got out wrestled judging from his comments, the nothing special is probably from the stand-up as Jiri would've obviously dominated that.

One has to wonder

Who else throws a training partner under the bus with a "nothing special" comment unless he's been getting raped by him in practice?
Sounds like hes butt hurt that Khamzat is famous and no one knows who Jiri is.
He definitely got out wrestled judging from his comments, the nothing special is probably from the stand-up as Jiri would've obviously dominated that.

He literally gave compliments the entire time. Said he is good, has good wrestling, has good cardio.

He said "nothing special", in the sense that there is not 1 thing that really stands out (like e.g. a world champ BJJ guy that is constantly tapping people in the gym).

It's like you expect every training partner to say all sorts of slimy things and pretend he's like a god or something? You realize they have a normal relationship, like you with a co-worker.

Not hating on Chimaev, I personally think he's a great fighter and I believe will be WW champ soon (in 2021) and maybe later on even a double champ (although I see Izzy stylistically might give him some problems). Just don't understand this hate on Jiri based on nothing.

He literally gave compliments the entire time. Said he is good, has good wrestling, has good cardio.

He said "nothing special", in the sense that there is not 1 thing that really stands out (like e.g. a world champ BJJ guy that is constantly tapping people in the gym).

It's like you expect every training partner to say all sorts of slimy things and pretend he's like a god or something? You realize they have a normal relationship, like you with a co-worker.

Not hating on Chimaev, I personally think he's a great fighter and I believe will be WW champ soon (in 2021) and maybe later on even a double champ (although I see Izzy stylistically might give him some problems). Just don't understand this hate on Jiri based on nothing.
Stop defending Jiri. He insulted our king.

Jiri : "yeah he's ok, well rounded, nothing special"

Sherdog: "Khamzat obliterated him in practice during his cut to 170 while Jiri was walking around at 220"

Back