Jiri Prochazka Best LHW UFC Debut Ever

He is exciting and has tons of potential but he needs to shore up his defense and become a bit more technical/less hittable. That knockout was a thing of beauty. I did not rewatch the fight but it seemed like he changed up his timing between round 1 and 2. Things like that get you wins against great fighters.

Man, I was cringing hard at first seeing him do all that stupid stuff. But he got legit power, however, I say this, it won't surprise me if he's another Johnny Walker.
This. I love new talent but I have a bad feeling this dude will go on a 2 or 3 fight losing streak soon

Jiri got hit a bit too much, imo. He was hurt a few times. He won, but I don't see him ever becoming Champ.

Nope, you haven’t been amwatxhing MMA that long to know. Lauzon & Anderson Silva were better UFC debuts

I mean, frank shamrock won the inaugural LHW title in his debut against an Olympic hold medalist.

He’s honestly the best fighter I’ve ever seen

war jiri

Jiri Prochazka v. Corey Anderson is the fight to make.

His fight style indicates he's been trained by Bruce Lee and Vlad the Impaler.

Man, I was cringing hard at first seeing him do all that stupid stuff. But he got legit power, however, I say this, it won't surprise me if he's another Johnny Walker.

Johnny Walker actually has a better ground game than Juri and that is ostensibly what Walker has been working on since his fight with Krylov.

Juri fighting Johhnny Walker (#12) makes the most sense if Juri wants to remain active and the UFC doesn't want to throw him to the wolves quite yet. Yes he beat the #7 ranked LHW but #5 and #2 are fighting eachother in September, #6 (Smith) and #9 (Rakic) are fighting eachother at the end of August, #1 (Reyes) and #3 (Blachowicz) are holding out for a title fight. #8 (Gustafsson) is fighting at HW, Ankalaev (#14) and Rua (#15) are also already booked against unranked opponents.

That leaves Anderson (#4), Nikita Krylov (#10), Misha Cirkunov (#11), Johnny Walker (#12), and Ryan Spann (#13) as the only ranked LHWs who are unbooked.

Cirukov is a submission artist so that would be a bad matchup for Juri. If Corey Anderson were smart he would be calling this guy out since this is a guy who Anderson could have one of his trademark incredibly boring fights with and outpoint, but he is probably waiting for Glover to lose to call him out.

Walker also has a bigger name than Krylov (#10) and Spann (#13) but those three are the only realistic fights the UFC could put together for him unless he wants to wait 3-4 months to fight again.

Johnny Walker actually has a better ground game than Juri and that is ostensibly what Walker has been working on since his fight with Krylov.

Juri fighting Johhnny Walker (#12) makes the most sense if Juri wants to remain active and the UFC doesn't want to throw him to the wolves quite yet. Yes he beat the #7 ranked LHW but #5 and #2 are fighting eachother in September, #6 (Smith) and #9 (Rakic) are fighting eachother at the end of August, #1 (Reyes) and #3 (Blachowicz) are holding out for a title fight. #8 (Gustafsson) is fighting at HW, Ankalaev (#14) and Rua (#15) are also already booked against unranked opponents.

That leaves Anderson (#4), Nikita Krylov (#10), Misha Cirkunov (#11), Johnny Walker (#12), and Ryan Spann (#13) as the only ranked LHWs who are unbooked.

Cirukov is a submission artist so that would be a bad matchup for Juri. If Corey Anderson were smart he would be calling this guy out since this is a guy who Anderson could have one of his trademark incredibly boring fights with and outpoint, but he is probably waiting for Glover to lose to call him out.

Walker also has a bigger name than Krylov (#10) and Spann (#13) but those three are the only realistic fights the UFC could put together for him unless he wants to wait 3-4 months to fight again.
That or MW or HW. Any is fine.

I watched this match again and his performance was even better then i thought... first round he went all crazy - Looks like he didnt follow gameplan ( he wanted to show himself in UFC with his crazy style ?) but between rounds his team told him to be faster and more agressive in start of combinations (with back hand up) and adviced him to use in and out strategy ...what happened? Oezdemir didnt hit him single time in second round Denisa literally destroyed him ...Crazy performance

As for most entertaining LHW-debuts, Griffin and Bonnar springs to mind.

As for most impressive, Houston Alexander destroying the very respectable Keith Jardine in less than a minute still takes it.

Good call.

iu

Don't know if this was the greatest debut of all time but it was impressive.

I don't think there's a comparison to Johnny Walker. Prochazka looks to have faster hands, more power, a better chin and is more elusive. Prochazka is what Johnny Walker thinks he is.

I wasn’t impressed, aside from the huge KO, he looked pretty bad. His herky jerky style makes him look like Jardine but with more power.

Back