Rumored Jiri Procházka possibly to train wrestling with Cejudo and Jon Jones

HOLA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Would make the already terrifying Procházka even more terrifying. Assuming Jones doesn't corrupt him.

SoulfulCelebratedAiredaleterrier-max-1mb.gif

Jones putting on 20 more pounds after sparring with the future GOAT.

Good fit for all of them, Jones needs to get back at what he's good at if he's willing to be any problem at heavyweight if that's still the desired weight class of choice in his mind.

does CCC have some sort of track record of coaching success?

does CCC have some sort of track record of coaching success?

His greatest achievement was figuring out exactly how Zhang would beat Rose, and training her personally to enable her to implement this master plan he went on about for months.

I suppose it was closer than the first fight...

His greatest achievement was figuring out exactly how Zhang would beat Rose, and training her personally to enable her to implement this master plan he went on about for months.

I suppose it was closer than the first fight...
Usually elite athletes make for less than ideal coaches. In Hockey wayne gretzky was a bad coach, Michael Jordan was a bad basketball executive. I didn't expect ccc to be a great coach and I am sure Jones wouldn't be a great coach either.

Usually elite athletes make for less than ideal coaches. In Hockey wayne gretzky was a bad coach, Michael Jordan was a bad basketball executive. I didn't expect ccc to be a great coach and I am sure Jones wouldn't be a great coach either.

Yeah it's just a different skillset and mindset entirely.

One doesn't necessarily inform the other, although it's not impossible for an elite athlete to be a great coach.

Pep Guardiola was a very good midfielder for Barcelona, though maybe not the best in the world. Zinedine Zidane has started well.

But it's not particularly common for all the experience and know how that elite athletes accrue.

Ive noticed this too even on just the regional level - alot of ex-fighters are becoming trainer/coaches in boxing and MMA but alot of them are terrible at teaching it. A great fighter is a great fighter and a great coach is a great coach but the two dont always mix well

People talking all about Cejudo... Yeah he'll be coaching there but don't forget that they also get the benefit of Cejudo's coach, Eric Albarracin.

would t be the first time Jiri trains with Jon but it would be good for each other Jones knows Glover all too well and Jiri beat the shit out of Reyes both are gonna improve each other 1315769996.0.jpg

Ive noticed this too even on just the regional level - alot of ex-fighters are becoming trainer/coaches in boxing and MMA but alot of them are terrible at teaching it. A great fighter is a great fighter and a great coach is a great coach but the two dont always mix well
true, a lot of great coaches are actually failed fighters. Duane Ludwig, Greg Jackson. I guess Pat Militich was an exception

Yeah it's just a different skillset and mindset entirely.

One doesn't necessarily inform the other, although it's not impossible for an elite athlete to be a great coach.

Pep Guardiola was a very good midfielder for Barcelona, though maybe not the best in the world. Zinedine Zidane has started well.

But it's not particularly common for all the experience and know how that elite athletes accrue.
well put man.

Good for Jiri.

Jones actually lucked out when Jackson/Wink finally washed their hands of him. His game has been stagnating for years, and Jackson/Wink aren't a top camp anymore.

He's going to get pushed much harder where he is now. The only question is whether or not he totally self-destructs before he can mount a comeback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back