Jimmy Smith Signs With the UFC officially

Good now Anik isn't really needed on the announcer booth.

Great news. I love his commentary. He's a combination of knowledge & passion.

Glad he is joining the UFC. If they go into this boxing thing I could see him doing that for them also.

Yeah I’m guilty of posting without searching first, so I won’t beat on you too bad.

But the whole “stealing bellators toys” is a fresh take. Good on you for that.
thanks. sorry about that bro. won't happen again.

I'm glad to hear this. Rogan just got bumped over to Goldies old chair.

89c.gif

Looking forward to the first event he commentates.

Glad it happened!

Jimmy is great

I just now turned on the UFC pre-fight show and was like, "What the hell? Jimmy Smith on FS1?" I didn't get the memo. He had previously signed a contract with Bellator/Viacom through 2018, so it surprises me that would release him. Jimmy has always been a great color commentator for Bellator. Why would you let him go?

Well done Jimmy. Look forward to hearing you call fights in the UFC now.

Just another brick in the wall of Rogan probably leaving sooner than later.
Joe and jimmy will be on all major cards as a duo

I just now turned on the UFC pre-fight show and was like, "What the hell? Jimmy Smith on FS1?" I didn't get the memo. He had previously signed a contract with Bellator/Viacom through 2018, so it surprises me that would release him. Jimmy has always been a great color commentator for Bellator. Why would you let him go?

They signed Mauro & Goldy to huge contracts
Bellator under-performed in 2017 with millions lost on PPV, lower ratings (that effects the $$$ more than UFC) & higher expenses.
Someone had to go

They signed Mauro & Goldy to huge contracts
Bellator under-performed in 2017 with millions lost on PPV, lower ratings (that effects the $$$ more than UFC) & higher expenses.
Someone had to go
I get it. The sad truth though is that Jimmy Smith is a better commentator than either one of those guys.

I get it. The sad truth though is that Jimmy Smith is a better commentator than either one of those guys.

I (& others) made this comparison before
Coker is like Eric Bischoff (WCW), free agent big names they over-spend on while home-grown gets shafted
they will outbid on a guy like Chael (who bombed on PPV with Fedor) but make undercard guys sell tickets

Back