Jimmy Smith becomes a free agent again

Hope to see pfl or one pick him up

He is fighting Floyd Mayweather on DAZN May 5th

Don't know why they let him go. Unless he didn't get along with the other guys personally. Could have stuck him on the analyst desk.

Bellator should take him back.

Talented, knowledgeable, unbiased, and honest commentator. I wish him the best.

No point keeping him at the UFC if rogan and anik are sticking around. His high wages are not worth it for fight night cards.

TBH can't remember him doing many shows for the UFC, but thats because I don't really pay attention to them.

Not really sure why they let him go. With all the events schedule I would think the current guys might start getting burned out.

I guess they like getting ex fighters in the booth more so. Maybe they cost less also.

Jimmy is one of the best out there. I hope some promotion gives him a chance. Miss him in Bellator. Some of the best KO’s in Bellator history are Jimmy Smith screaming “Oh my god!!!!.” So much better than John “idk what else to ask so how are you feeling after that win” McCarthy.

As much as I hate Mitch Chilson, imagining Jimmy Smith going on and on about how ONE fighters should slow down, fight smart, and not risk anything by trying to be exciting doesn't sit well either

Why? That makes no sense, he's great, better than everyone else they currently have.

Were casuals mistaking him with Rogan too much? Wtf

Did he work any PPVs since burying Khabib? Literally can't remember hearing him

PFL or One's US broadcast are his best bets.

UFC should have kept him if he was ok with the role. UFC has a lot of color commentators with all the fighters they have but I'd have put Anik/Rogan and mix a fighter in as 3rd man for PPV and then Anik/Smith as main fight night team with Cruz/DC/Felder/Bisping as 3rd man.

Then let Gooden/Hardy do international shows. I think its enough to spread it around and give everyone a shot. Even if they didnt want a set team for fight nights you could go with Smith, DC, Felder, Cruz and Bisping two of them each show and then do deskwork on ESPN with Rashad, Florian and Tyron assuming they are all kept by ESPN.

Unless he was unhappy with his current place why not keep him, he's one of best in the business. Thought it was stupid as hell for Bellator to dump him for Sonnen and Big John and its stupid for UFC to dump him too.

Bellator wanted to keep him, but at lesser pay. The question is would he be willing to go back to Bellator
for less money?

he should go back to fighting one more time, rematch vs andy wang

Back