Social Jimmy Dore left TYT it seems mostly due to Ben an Anna

Ben likes Jimmy but the fact he called the Russia story "one of the biggest stories of our time" shows he just doesn't get what the actual tension with Jimmy or the left is about. Steve O disagrees with Jimmy but he gets what the disagreement is(prolly cause he'd been doing a show with Jimmy last few years).

Given the time Jimmy left, the rational assumption is that the whole Ana v Tulsi thing was what ended it. Could be wrong but given Jimmy's strong Tulsi support and the fact that happened the week before, I'd infer that led to some sort of ugly behind the scenes battle. Jimmy had no reason to leave now in particular since the source of the tension between him and TYT was the Russia hysteria which seemed(at the time) to be dying down. So my guess is it was the Tulsi thing. Seeing how Ana and affiliated Progressives consider support of Tulsi to be cultish and Jimmy is the most notable figure associated with said "cult"(fuck you by the way David Pakman) that had the potential to get very ugly very quickly.

Fact he said "I love Jimmy Dore" and "I HOPE I always will" implied what ever happened is not over.

Cenk addressed Jimmy Dore departure and no Ana around. You can tell there is more to the departure then Cenk is letting on. TYT posters are calling Jimmy a Trumpanezz an are lighting him up in comments.

You can tell many of TYT viewers where not happy that TYT was giving him a platform. Cenk seemed ok with Jimmy but Ben an Ana could not work with him anymore. No doubt donors where also letting them know their displeasure of TYT continuing their business relationship with them.

I think for Cenk it just became to much for him anymore an had to make a move he was likely unhappy about doing. I am sure he may have gotten pushback on hiring Rich Ojeda for segment pieces. It's not fun trying to make everyone happy.

Most of TYT's core audience loved Jimmy. Anyone angry with TYT for giving a real journalist a platform can probably find the information they are seeking from a variety of corproate outlets. TYT is lateralling towards being what MSNBC was in 2014-2015 before they went hard right but that audience has no reason to stick with them over all the other alternatives. TYT was the left's home until they supported Hillary and Jimmy was the last person there that people on the left almost unconditionally trust. With him gone Cenks vision of a "home for progressives" is dead because maybe save the money in poltiics issue they just aren't trusted.

Well of course, can't have the echo chamber getting less echo-y, can we?

Most of TYT's core audience loved Jimmy. Anyone angry with TYT for giving a real journalist a platform can probably find the information they are seeking from a variety of corproate outlets. TYT is lateralling towards being what MSNBC was in 2014-2015 before they went hard right but that audience has no reason to stick with them over all the other alternatives. TYT was the left's home until they supported Hillary and Jimmy was the last person there that people on the left almost unconditionally trust. With him gone Cenks vision of a "home for progressives" is dead because maybe save the money in poltiics issue they just aren't trusted.
You're wrong about TYT core audience liking Jimmy. I get a lot of heat on Sherdog for watching TYT, but their core was becoming irate over Jimmy attacking Democrats all the time. Do they like Nancy, Barbara, Harry, Chuck or others no but Jimmies tone was becoming untenable TYT could not afford to lose viewers an supporters over his level of tone. He would call them assholes, jerks, F-ups an such. For TYT this makes it difficult to continue their relationship. The average TYT viewers was too upset.

You're wrong about TYT core audience liking Jimmy. I get a lot of heat on Sherdog for watching TYT, but their core was becoming irate over Jimmy attacking Democrats all the time. Do they like Nancy, Barbara, Harry, Chuck or others no but Jimmies tone was becoming untenable TYT could not afford to lose viewers an supporters over his level of tone. He would call them assholes, jerks, F-ups an such. For TYT this makes it difficult to continue their relationship. The average TYT viewers where to upset.

I think you're confused about who their core audience is. I mean I know the people who take the Russia investigation seriously hated him but those sort of people can find their media home elsewhere. Attacking fake liberals who have D's next to their name is what TYT was once about, if you're going to think other Democrats are inherently good because they aren't Republicans again TYT's got a lot of competition cause people who think that will find affirmation for those beliefs. People who care about policy and see pro corporate Democrats as a massive threat of coopting liberal success to pursue conservative policies had only TYT back in 2014-2016. Also there's many TYT member who were only paying because of Jimmy(saw that comment frequently) cause you needed to be a member to watch Jimmy's show on TYT. The conservatives and centrists who watch TYT getting mad is supposed to be the whole point. They already stole the so called "liberal media", they shouldn't get to steal the progressive internet too.

They were being assholes, jerks, fuck ups and such. That's why people like Jimmy he tells the truth. Walker Cromkite of the 21st century.

Back