Jimmy Carter: America is an Oligarchy

Of course.

pie_1084986D.jpg

This thread is taking a sudden Wearesurfers meltdown kind of twist.

Well according to fox news Carter was the worst president the US had and Reagan saved the country and made it great. One thing I never understood was didnt Reagan legalize bunch of illegals? I read that somehwere, but according to fox he didnt and was very strict on illegal immigration:icon_conf

Ronald Regan is one of Americas greatest myths.....

almost everything about him has been manufactured.. He ran the most corrupt presidency of all time. I cant stand Reagan.

This thread is taking a sudden Wearesurfers meltdown kind of twist.

I think Mick is having some kind of real-life meltdown. His bizarre postings lately don't make sense otherwise. I genuinely hope he's OK.

Reagan crushes that list.... Not even a contest.

Do you wanna make it a contest?

because as far as scandals go...Obama and his administration has done FAR more back door shit than Reagan ever did.

Era of transparency?
That's Obama's words.

Has he refused to reveal even the legal reasoning he used to conclude his targeted killing program is lawful?

Has he waged an unprecedented war on whistleblowers?

Has he spied on millions of innocent Americans without a warrant or probable cause?

Does he automatically count dead military-aged males killed by U.S. drones as "militants"?

Did he "sign a bill that enshrines in law the previously merely alleged executive power of indefinite detention without trial of terror suspects"?

Sad state of affairs when its not even controversial or divisive when a ex potus makes this statement.

Sad state of affairs when its not even controversial or divisive when a ex potus makes this statement.

Well, that's partly because of ambiguity (as we're seeing from this thread!). In our current climate, everyone regards their position as anti-oligarchy, even people who oppose unions and want to eliminate estate and capital-gains taxes and slash our already stingy social safety net.

Jack... Are there any current or former democratic presidential candidates that you would describe as "establishment" politicians?

Or do you just consider the democrats the de facto "anti-establishment" party in America?

Jack... Are there any current or former democratic presidential candidates that you would describe as "establishment" politicians?

Or do you just consider the democrats the de facto "anti-establishment" party in America?

It's a matter of degree (Kerry and especially Bill Clinton were more "pro-establishment" than any current Democratic candidates but far more anti-establishment than their rivals), but the left is by definition anti-establishment, and since the death of the Southern Democrat, the Democratic Party is the party of the left in America.

Do you wanna make it a contest?

because as far as scandals go...Obama and his administration has done FAR more back door shit than Reagan ever did.

Era of transparency?
That's Obama's words.

Yeah I know it's no contest. Reagan had the most convictions, indictments and peope fired out of any president of all time.

Lol comparing reagan to Obama administration.

You must be on Fn crack.

Yeah I know it's no contest. Reagan had the most convictions, indictments and peope fired out of any president of all time.

Lol comparing reagan to Obama administration.

You must be on Fn crack.

I'd actually like to see what the guy's list would be. As far as I can see, the Obama administration is in the running for most scandal-free administration ever. Even conservatives (like David Brooks) who don't like the administration's policies have acknowledged that.

Back