Jimmy Carter: America is an Oligarchy

RetiredWisFighter

Amateur Fighter
@red
Reaction score
http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...chy-with-unlimited-political-bribery-20150731

An oligarchy with unlimited political bribery" resulting in "nominations for president or to elect the president."

"The same thing applies to governors and U.S. senators and congress members," Carter said. "So now we've just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election's over."
The man speaks truth

And how did the media corporations not have this power in the past?

so you didnt read the linked article or you are being intentionally coy?

hes referring specifically to the supreme court ruling giving donors more power(which he was asked about)

It's true, but it is far worse than just bribes.

People not a controversial statement at this point.

People not a controversial statement at this point.
It is when truly intelligent people like Carter who aren't zealously anti-government anti-media anti-wealthy anti-anybodyelsehavinganymodicumofpower say it.

It is when truly intelligent people like Carter who aren't zealously anti-government anti-media anti-wealthy anti-anybodyelsehavinganymodicumofpower say it.

It is indeed. He's a big thinker too and has held the highest office. Quite a statement by a man who is not just trying to bait and gain popularity

the lobbies and political donors control america. the israeli lobby being the most powerful.

He's telling me something I've known for years, but good on him. He literally has nothing to gain by saying that.

i think Jimmy just endorsed Bernie Sanders.

Isnt Carter anti semit and the man who almost ruined the US single handed?

Good one Jack.

Typically smart, substance-filled response, Anung.

Carter (in the very short piece):

"Somebody’s who's already in Congress has a lot more to sell to an avid contributor than somebody who's just a challenger."

Back