Jimmie Rivera's Holiday Message for Bryan Caraway "Enjoy your face looking like that until the 15th"

sflcmma0212

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Got the chance to chat with #4 ranked UFC Bantamweight Jimmie Rivera as he prepares to take on #6 ranked Bryan Caraway January 15th at UFC Fight Night in Phoenix. Audio and transcripts attached:

27:06- About accepting the fight with Caraway: "They just said Caraway, January 15th...I actually thought I was gonna fight Dillashaw, (but), I'll fight anybody, it doesn't matter....The No.1 and 2 guy were fighting, (John) Lineker and Dillashaw, I'm like damn, who hell am I gonna fight? Because they're not gonna give me Raphael (Assuncao) because he just lost, so when I got the call (to fight Caraway just said listen man...I'm not like you who picks and chooses his fights and picks his dates and this and that...They gave me a date, they gave me a person, I said OK, no problem. I actually said OK, are you SURE he's gonna take the fight? A week or two later they're like, here's the contract...I'm surprised."

28:32 His feeling going into the fight: "Nah, I don't like him at all. He's weird, he's like complaining about fights...all this stuff, saying this, saying that...I don't know if he's trying to hype the fight or what, but it's working cause I just want to hurt him more when I get into the cage. Faber didn't talk any smack, nothing bad to say about Faber...I say I'm glad he took the fight, I appreciate it...This guy, Caraway....I don't know...I just can't wait to go in there and lay some leather on his face and just put him down. It's just one of those fights, with Faber, I was a little shellshocked for a second...but this fight, I just can't wait to go in there and do my thing, because he just rubbed me the wrong way. Just made me want to trade even harder for this fight."

29:35 Has he felt this way about an opponent before: "A couple of people, the few people who really tried to talk smack, tried to get under my skin. I'm like, dude, there's no need for it...I might say something, I'm confident in what I say, and I'm not trying to be cocky or trash talk at all. When it came down to it, he (Caraway) started saying all this stuff on Twitter...one of the things I saw was "#letbryaneat, it was during an interview, and I go and I sent right away to that guy who was doing the interview...I was like here, here's the interview with Ariel Helwani when Faber called Bryan Caraway and said, "Didn't they offer you this fight?" (Caraway says) "Oh yeah, Jimmie Rivera is too tough, I can't take this fight." Now you're talking all this smack?...You know what, I'm like f-you. I can't eat during the holiday's, you're not going to be able to either, and I'm gonna enjoy it more when I whoop your ass when I get in the cage on the 15th."

30:50 Staying focused despite the hype: "I always stay (collected), and I stick to the game plan of my coaches. I get in the best shape I can, every time I pretend it's a title fight. I make sure I do that so this way I'm ready, I'm prepared, you can't underestimate anybody. Even this guy Caraway, who I don't think is that good, you can't underestimate anybody. You gotta prepare yourself to the fullest, and I definitely learned that at an early time in my career. Some people come in to fight, and you gotta be there, you can't underestimate anybody. I still don't underestimate him, but I'm still gonna take it to him when I get into the cage."

34:10 Talking about Caraway's slow starts: "Honestly, I don't think he'll have anything for me. I'm preparing for him just like I did the Faber fight. You compare it to the Faber fight, Faber went in and beat the crap out of (Brad) Pickett, but he couldn't do anything to me in the fight. I as well prepared for that fight. I did everything I had to do, and that's why I won. The most important thing is not the will to win, but the will to prepare, get ready for a fight. He (Caraway) think he's going to be able to exploit me, like get a takedown or put the pressure, and I'm gonna love it. He's done a few fights where he just puts that pressure on and you can punch the guy in the face, I love it. Sucks when the guy just hits and runs away, it's great when the guy just stays in the pocket and you can punch him in the face."

36:18 Prediction: "I want a finish, whether it's a knockout or a submission, I want something. I'm gonna be looking for it."

37:05- Message for Caraway: " Just enjoy your face looking like that until the 15th."

These manlets sure get their panties in a bunch over Caraway, it's like they have to find every reason to hate him 'cuz he has a bad chick. All the 135 division does is bitch, bitch, bitch.. Jesus Christ.

Caraway sets his takedowns up with strikes as well as anyone, besides MAYBE dom Cruz. Rooting for Jimmie but it's anyone's fight.

Carraway aint gonna be easy.

This fight will be a lot tougher than Jimmie thinks.

I'm thinking so as well. Caraway is crafty.

I'm glad Rivera is back though I thought he would miss some real significant time after that Faber fight. Eye poke and such. He's cocky though. Rooting for Caraway.

didnt perry just say that to jouban at their weigh in? how'd that work out for him?

Got the chance to chat with #4 ranked UFC Bantamweight Jimmie Rivera as he prepares to take on #6 ranked Bryan Caraway January 15th at UFC Fight Night in Phoenix. Audio and transcripts attached:

27:06- About accepting the fight with Caraway: "They just said Caraway, January 15th...I actually thought I was gonna fight Dillashaw, (but), I'll fight anybody, it doesn't matter....The No.1 and 2 guy were fighting, (John) Lineker and Dillashaw, I'm like damn, who hell am I gonna fight? Because they're not gonna give me Raphael (Assuncao) because he just lost, so when I got the call (to fight Caraway just said listen man...I'm not like you who picks and chooses his fights and picks his dates and this and that...They gave me a date, they gave me a person, I said OK, no problem. I actually said OK, are you SURE he's gonna take the fight? A week or two later they're like, here's the contract...I'm surprised."

28:32 His feeling going into the fight: "Nah, I don't like him at all. He's weird, he's like complaining about fights...all this stuff, saying this, saying that...I don't know if he's trying to hype the fight or what, but it's working cause I just want to hurt him more when I get into the cage. Faber didn't talk any smack, nothing bad to say about Faber...I say I'm glad he took the fight, I appreciate it...This guy, Caraway....I don't know...I just can't wait to go in there and lay some leather on his face and just put him down. It's just one of those fights, with Faber, I was a little shellshocked for a second...but this fight, I just can't wait to go in there and do my thing, because he just rubbed me the wrong way. Just made me want to trade even harder for this fight."

29:35 Has he felt this way about an opponent before: "A couple of people, the few people who really tried to talk smack, tried to get under my skin. I'm like, dude, there's no need for it...I might say something, I'm confident in what I say, and I'm not trying to be cocky or trash talk at all. When it came down to it, he (Caraway) started saying all this stuff on Twitter...one of the things I saw was "#letbryaneat, it was during an interview, and I go and I sent right away to that guy who was doing the interview...I was like here, here's the interview with Ariel Helwani when Faber called Bryan Caraway and said, "Didn't they offer you this fight?" (Caraway says) "Oh yeah, Jimmie Rivera is too tough, I can't take this fight." Now you're talking all this smack?...You know what, I'm like f-you. I can't eat during the holiday's, you're not going to be able to either, and I'm gonna enjoy it more when I whoop your ass when I get in the cage on the 15th."

30:50 Staying focused despite the hype: "I always stay (collected), and I stick to the game plan of my coaches. I get in the best shape I can, every time I pretend it's a title fight. I make sure I do that so this way I'm ready, I'm prepared, you can't underestimate anybody. Even this guy Caraway, who I don't think is that good, you can't underestimate anybody. You gotta prepare yourself to the fullest, and I definitely learned that at an early time in my career. Some people come in to fight, and you gotta be there, you can't underestimate anybody. I still don't underestimate him, but I'm still gonna take it to him when I get into the cage."

34:10 Talking about Caraway's slow starts: "Honestly, I don't think he'll have anything for me. I'm preparing for him just like I did the Faber fight. You compare it to the Faber fight, Faber went in and beat the crap out of (Brad) Pickett, but he couldn't do anything to me in the fight. I as well prepared for that fight. I did everything I had to do, and that's why I won. The most important thing is not the will to win, but the will to prepare, get ready for a fight. He (Caraway) think he's going to be able to exploit me, like get a takedown or put the pressure, and I'm gonna love it. He's done a few fights where he just puts that pressure on and you can punch the guy in the face, I love it. Sucks when the guy just hits and runs away, it's great when the guy just stays in the pocket and you can punch him in the face."

36:18 Prediction: "I want a finish, whether it's a knockout or a submission, I want something. I'm gonna be looking for it."

37:05- Message for Caraway: " Just enjoy your face looking like that until the 15th."

I like this fire spitting Rivera.

Ive been saying Jimmie is the future champ for a while now

glad he got Bryan, easy work

I think that there's actually a good chance that Rivera styles all over Caraway, he might be that good

Caraway is tough as shit and rustles a lot of jimmies without trying.

Another decision win for Jimmie, he'll sprawl & brawl all over Caraway.

Carway is just so generic and easy to root against.

Always rooting for anyone wanting to smash Caraways face in!

Back